Missyloo13
Blade-of-Truth

Long skirts are not fashionable

Blade-of-Truth
Started: 6/26/2014 Category: Fashion

Missyloo13

Pro

Long skirts just do not look pretty on anyone I have ever seen wear one. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE PLEASE. NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN, ESPECIALLY NOT TO ANYONE DEBATING AGAINST WHAT I SAID
Blade-of-Truth

Con

The resolution is clear: Long skirts are not fashionable.

I would like to start by defining the key terms found in the resolution for clarification purposes.

Definitions

Skirt: a free-hanging part of an outer garment or undergarment extending from the waist down; a separate free-hanging outer garment or undergarment usually worn by women and girls covering some or all of the body from the waist down. [1]

Fashionable:
currently popular; dressing and acting in a way that is currently popular. [2]

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[2] http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Arguments

I want to thank my opponent for starting this debate, and will await for my opponent to present the opening arguments before I present my own.
Missyloo13

Pro

Missyloo13 forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

I wouldn't think it very fair if I took advantage of the opportunity to post arguments in this round and the last one when my opponent will clearly only have one round to do so.

I will extend the opportunity, once more, for my opponent to present their arguments as both Pro and Instigator.

If my opponent fails to present any arguments in the final round, I will uphold my position in this debate as Con by showing the audience why I negate the resolution that Long skirts are not fashionable.

I thank the audience for their continued patience, and now return the floor to my opponent once again.
Missyloo13

Pro

Missyloo13 forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

I ask that the audience take into the consideration the full forfeits committed by my opponent in nearly every round.

As Con, all I need to do is show that long skirts are indeed fashionable. I will do this in two manners. First, I will share articles which feature current fashion leaders in the industry saying that long skirts are indeed fashionable. Lastly, I will include visual evidence of some extremely fashionable long skirts as deemed by the current fashion industry.

I. "Long skirts are perfect for the hot days of summer, but they also make great fashion pieces during the fall."

This statement was made in a recent article published by Fashion Diva Design. [1] The article itself was titled, '34 Fashionable Casual Combinations With Long Skirts For This Fall'. [2] In nearly every photo found within the article, there are long skirts being matched to near perfection with fabulous tops. It is evident, in this article alone, that long skirts are not only "in" during the springtime, but actually can be very hot items for the fall season as well, which is the season we are soon approaching.

[1] http://www.fashiondivadesign.com...

[2] http://www.fashiondivadesign.com...

II. "The long-skirt is having a fashion moment."

In a recent video published by 'The Guardian', current fashion editor for the Pulitzer prized news source, Jess Cartner-Morley made the bold claim that "unless you've been ship-wrecked, off-grid, or so busy that you don't mess about looking at pictures on the internet, you've probably noticed over the last few months that the long-skirt is having a fashion moment." [3]

This video, and claim, was made public in April of this year.

[3] http://www.theguardian.com...

III. "10 Spring/Summer 2014 Trends That You Can Wear Now!"

In another recently published fashion article, it was shown via slide show that there are several leading fashion designers who are creating long-skirts for the runways. Considering that fashion designers are literally creating long-skirts for fashion events including events covering summer 2014 trends, it is evident that long-skirts are indeed currently fashionable. Please take a look for yourself, at the link I have provided below which is a slide show presented by Instyle magazine.

[4] http://www.instyle.com...

It can be seen that long-skirts are clearly in style and fashionable for our current time being in summer 2014.

IV. Visual evidence of Long-skirts which are currently in fashion for the Summer of 2014.

1)

This image can be found at: http://www.gorgeautiful.com...

In the article associated with this image, it is shown that these long-skirts are currently in-style and fashionable for the summer 2014 trends. Please visit the article yourself for further validation of my claim.

2)

This image can be found in the article located here: http://www.styleopen.com...

The article was published by StyleOpen, another popular website dedicated to current fashion trends. In the article specifically, it should be noted that they are actively promoting the perfect shoes to go with those fashionable long-skirts! If such skirts weren't popular, why would a fashion site be wasting time publishing articles about the perfect shoes to match the skirts? It wouldn't. The reason StyleOpen is doing so, is because long-skirts are in style at the moment and clearly demand the best shoes to bring out the true beauty of the outfit as a whole!

In conclusion,

I have shown the audience several sources of current articles and photo's which further validate my position that long-skirts are indeed fashionable, even right now in the Summer of 2014.

On the flip side, my opponent has done nothing to prove their position. My opponent has forfeited every opportunity to present an argument. In doing so, my opponent has ultimately failed to uphold their BOP.

I thank the audience for their patience throughout this debate. My arguments and position stand unchallenged.
Posted by Amorae 2 years ago
Amorae
Long skirts look better on some people than mini skirts.
Posted by mishapqueen 2 years ago
mishapqueen
Just a question..... how long is a "long skirt"?
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Sniped, bang bang.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
noob-snipe.
*Noob-slay.
Slay by Blade.
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Missyloo13Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Dayum! Most sophisticated noob snipe ever. Anyhoo, forfeits, no argumentd and no response from pro. BOT did such a good argument and layout. You can tell when someone has put effort into their Ozps etc. Good show, con!
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Missyloo13Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: How prudish. I hope you don't actually believe what you're typing, Blade. Anyway -- Con was the only one to make substantial arguments. Pro's bare assertions at the beginning did not sufficiently fulfil her BoP, so arguments to Con. Pro forfeited all but one round, so conduct to Con. Con was the only one to provide sources, so sources to Con.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Missyloo13Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff.
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
Missyloo13Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: clear cut decision
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Missyloo13Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.