Glitter2998
moneystacker

Longer Christmas Break

moneystacker

Glitter2998

Pro

I believe we should have longer Christmas breaks. Two weeks is hardly enough time to play in the snow, enjoy life, and spend time with friends and family.
moneystacker

Con

I believe we shouldn't take a Christmas break for the following reasons which I will explain more later after my opponent presents their argument.

1. We would have to take off days elsewhere to extend this break possibly from summer break.

2. Winter break is long enough considering the fact we have summer break.

3. We should look at countries like CHina who have a crazy curriculum and no summer and be grateful not greedy. Creativity is super low there because of these educational standards as well and how much time they spend on education.

4. THis will never happen especially since our education system is attempting to catch up to CHina and other countries in the first place. THis will never be implemented.

I have a question for my opponent.

How long do you want the Christmas break to be?
Glitter2998

Pro

Well, Mr. I Know Everything, I think Christmas breaks should be 3 weeks long.
moneystacker

Con

Ok I have concluded from my opponent that she wants 3 weeks instead of 2.

Even just adding a eek will cause us to have to take off days elsewhere. Also politiians are actually looking at extending the break http://www.bbc.com...

2. Winter break is long enough considering the fact we have summer break. I agree that winter break is long enough in fact a lot of kids including myself forget some stuff from the long break. http://blog.highschoolblanket.com...
We don't need a longer break that's being greedy and you haven't shown me that politicians even plan on extending any break therefore this proposal will not even happen. The policy isn't even being considered therefor it will not be implemented. Since the resolution doesn't just say "should make longer break" you have to show me that it can even be put into affect.

3. We should look at countries like China who have a crazy curriculum and no summer and be grateful not greedy. Creativity is super low there because of these educational standards as well and how much time they spend on education. They don't have nay breaks they go to school year round. We should be grateful for what we have, there is no intangible reason why we deserve or should ask for me breaks.

4. This will never happen especially since our education system is attempting to catch up to China and other countries in the first place. This will never be implemented. Policy makers including Obama himself are considering/have considered taking away summer or lowering the breaks we have. My opponent has to prove to me that this can happen, that a break could be extended and that someone is proposing it.
Glitter2998

Pro

Who freaking cares?
moneystacker

Con

Well the opponent didn't defend position so by default just vote me.

And also I agree why does it matter. Why do we need a longer break? We don't lol 2 weeks is more then enough and I am not willing to give up another holiday like that extra Monday off after the weekend to extend Christmas break.
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
V I agree but in general China has a more success rate in school though right? I could be wrong but I read some static on that a year ago. I mean of course there are some slackers but you guys don't have like kids dropping out at the rate we do right?
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
I don't know about the Mainland, but in Hong Kong our winter breaks usually last a week (which *is* somewhat shorter) and kids are generally expected to study through it. (Of course, just because they're *expected* to doesn't mean all of them *actually* do.)
Posted by Glitter2998 1 year ago
Glitter2998
Stop being 5 year olds, losers.
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
I never said they were harsh... you're confused man I was referring to there school system and how strict it was and how it quenches creativity

There's a different between strict and harsh. Look it up dude.
Posted by RNG_REKT 1 year ago
RNG_REKT
Just because China is communist does not mean that everyone has to view it as a harsh and a terrifying country. There are humans just like you there. The government is different, but never human reasoning.
Posted by Glitter2998 1 year ago
Glitter2998
Damn!
Posted by Foxian 1 year ago
Foxian
In China we do have a summer break. It goes from July to September, with most schools ending in middle July and beginning at the start of September.
Posted by Glitter2998 1 year ago
Glitter2998
*Takes a bow* Thank you, everyone.
Posted by donald.keller 1 year ago
donald.keller
I hope to never see Biblethumber voting.
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 1 year ago
BIBLETHUMPER
I'm not giving you anything!!! MORE WINTER BREAK!!! YEAH!!
Vote Placed by Forever23 1 year ago
Forever23
Glitter2998moneystackerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro insults con
Vote Placed by RNG_REKT 1 year ago
RNG_REKT
Glitter2998moneystackerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro may have had better grammar, but they pretty much also forfeited.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Glitter2998moneystackerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't make an argument and insults Con.
Vote Placed by Alanna.Kologey 1 year ago
Alanna.Kologey
Glitter2998moneystackerTied
Reasons for voting decision: The pro had unintelligent response and needs to have a more serious conduct in the debate.
Vote Placed by donald.keller 1 year ago
donald.keller
Glitter2998moneystackerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I won't be nice. Pro needs to leave for a while, and come back when he's a better person. Starting a debate, and responding with "who freaking cares" when your opponent does better then you is not conduct this site needs or wants. Con's first case about how we'd have to take time away from other breaks is strong... It applies a cost, and now Pro has to outweigh that cost. The second case makes sense... But not the third case. Being grateful you have a Christmas break isn't an argument for not making it bigger. And the last argument doesn't apply to the resolution. Whether it will happen is not relevant to whether or not it should happen. Since Pro dropped everything in R2, and then again in R3, Con wins by full succession.