dgaals
IwillArgue6

Longer Weekends

dgaals

Pro

I think there should be longer weekends for kids and adults. Two days just isn't enough time to kick back and relax after a long week of boring work. I propose that we should have three day weekends. Saturday, Sunday and Monday should be the new weekend.
IwillArgue6

Con

Weekends should not be longer. As a kid myself I see that if we have longer weekends than school will last longer because there are 3 days and not 2. 2 day weekends are way more than enough time to kickback, and prepare for Monday. Besides Monday-Thursday you have quite a few hours to relax for the next day anyways.
dgaals

Pro

I see what you're saying but I disagree with it. I am a kid too. I barely have any time to relax because of homework, which just proves my point even more.
IwillArgue6

Con

IwillArgue6 forfeited this round.
dgaals

Pro

dgaals forfeited this round.
IwillArgue6

Con

IwillArgue6 forfeited this round.
Posted by Dexbenabid 1 year ago
Dexbenabid
Well...ryliehavens I think that the fact to have a day less to do our work would not make us more efficient but with time more anxious, tired etc...And unless you spend 8 hours with your friends in a weekend day it wouldn't be relevant to say that we could pass more time with our friends :p
Posted by Dexbenabid 1 year ago
Dexbenabid
Well yeah it's true that three days weekends could help us more relax and be ready for the next week...But, this difference would make that the holidays (Summer holidays et...) Would be shorter since that we have the same amount of classes but less time to do it. The solution could be then to have three days weekend but shorter holidays which, I thin, is not a great idea since two days are convenient to rest ;)
Posted by ryliehavens 1 year ago
ryliehavens
I believe that as humans, we would thrive with a four day work week. For one, we would be more efficient, since we have less time to complete our work. We would also do better if we had more time to spend with our loved ones. This may create less resentment towards our employers, teachers, peers, and co-workers. This will help us to do our jobs, or have better learning experiences. From the perspective of a student, a three day weekend could help to create stronger bonds with other students, because we have more time to spend with our friends. As you can see, everyone would benefit from an extra day of relaxation, religious practices, or entertainment.