jose860
johnlubba

Look at you're religion before accusing anyone.

johnlubba

jose860

Pro

Just think about this okay Wako Texas criminal acts by Christians, Another instance hmm A camp in Texas with a bunch of Christians and a So called pastor who was having sex with under age girls, Um another instance a White American male name Timothy Mcveigh who blew up a federal building in Oklahoma City, Um here where I live in Hartford Conn a Christian pastor raped a 10yr old girl and got her pregnant, Um What about Catholics WOW having sex with young boys and even in the Vatican a sting operation done by CIA and FBI agents where they were prostitution going on with young men. Ever sat there to think about it. Look it up in on Google.com 9/11 secrets before you actually think that a Muslim had anything to do with that attack. I am an American and I say it proudly but I don't like pointing out fingers without knowing the facts. With this said THERE ARE CORRUPTION IN EVERY RELIGION ... and EVERYONE WILL PAY FOR IT...
johnlubba

Con

I accept, What excactly are we debating, I will assume that religion is held under scrutiny ( Correct me if I'm wrong.) to be deemed bad because of a few people which have misrepresented the actual purpose set out by religion.

I will defend that no main stream established religion orders people to blow up buildings or sexually abuse young children, but rather that it is people themselves acting out thier own desires which are not instructed in thier own religions.
jose860

Pro

Its upsetting when people just points out the finger without knowing what is going on and what caused the problem. Example Some Muslims are ignorant to attach a bomb to them selves and blow up innocent people, Here in America we have ignorant people going in to a School, Mall and movie theaters and killing innocent people.. Ignorant Muslims are doing the blowing up and Americans are doing the shooting...
johnlubba

Con

Firstly I can sympathise with you that such acts such as walking into a movie theater and shooting innocent people is completely wrong, as is strapping a bomb to yourself as a suicide bomber is also, but I do not think religion has ordered anybody to commit such an act, I would instead suggest that it is a misrepresentation of the purpose of religion, Instead of blaming the religion maybe we should blame the people themselves, because I see no argument from you to suggest that religion has ordered anybody to blow themselves up or shoot movie goers or to sexually abuse young children, As I said in my round 1, instead of people acting out a religious instruction they are acting out their own thwarted perceptions and desires. Of which no known main stream religion defends or condones.
jose860

Pro

I believe I missed something when I posted this debate up, I am not trying to blame religion at all and I know everything that is going on in the Middle east and in America is completely wrong. I just don't like how us Americans always try to be right or try to cover up crimes by committing crimes and then have the nerve to cover up by putting the blame on others. If someone is a Muslim, A Christian, A Catholic don't blame that person for everyone else ignorant acts is what I am trying to say. So there for is why I said Look at you're religion before accusing anyone. It could be any Religion, I never said a specific religion. I believe in God and I went and cut my hair very short and left my beard and I get a kick out of people looking at me funny and whispering, I even had a Latin couple at a grocery store say to one another in Spanish ad I quote "Lets hurry up before this guy decides to blow up the store" I looked at them and laughed and said to them "wow I am Latino my self and I can't believe what you just said about me" Then every time I saw them in the store I would look at them and laugh.. to this date people still look at me and judge me assuming that I am something that I am not..
johnlubba

Con

I am now confused about my position in this debate, it seems at first you were blaming people and their associated religion for their awful crimes, You claimed Muslims are blowing people up in round 2. in round one you blamed Christian Pastors for prostituting young Children, Whilst these are true events in themselves, the people themselves are not acting out orders given or instructed by their religions.

In round three you seem to take a view that religion is not to blame, and some people judge a person because he might be affiliated to a certain religion by his dress sense or hair style. This is also true but see no reason to construct any type of rebuttal towards it, as I am not defending every Joe publics opinion.

Also in your round three you seem to turn things around and blame America for wrongly accusing people of religion for crimes they are them selves committing. Again I see no reason to construct a rebuttal to this claim as you have provided no proof for me to believe this is the case, other than your personal opinion. I take it you are blaming America for the 9/11 attacks.

I rest my case.
Posted by jose860 4 years ago
jose860
I am not blaming anyone, I do a lot of research online and try to get answers that is all. If you go and Google 9/11 secrets you will sit there and do a lot of thinking. Also Google The New World Order... It will tell you Who and why the 9/11 took place so there for don't blame others, Is what I am trying to get to.. Reason why I even started this post "I Googled why do people hate Muslims and every search came back to the 9/11 attacks ...
Vote Placed by rross 4 years ago
rross
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think Pro had a good point: that we shouldn't judge people by superficial things like their appearance, and we should be accepting of other religions. At least, I think that was his point. He really needs to frame his debates more clearly. In contrast, Con's behavior was impeccable and his arguments made sense.
Vote Placed by jh1234l 4 years ago
jh1234l
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: S/G to con because pro did not use correct grammer many times. Arguments to con because if you look at the debate resolution, it is "Look at you're religion before accusing anyone.", but pro never proved that con was a religion.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 4 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: This wasn't a debate. you're should be your.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: something about this debate hurt my eyes. Regardless, I didn't read it past the first round, and am voting S&G to CON because of the title.
Vote Placed by Grantmac18 4 years ago
Grantmac18
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Does Pro know this is a debate site?
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: What is Pro's resolution? From Pro's words, it is unclear, and therefore he has not met his burden of proof. From Con's formulation of it, he does not rebut Con's points, and therefore fails to meet the burden of proof. Points to Con. I will also doc Pro S&G for incorrectly spelling the title and more errors overall.
Vote Placed by Xerge 4 years ago
Xerge
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con stated that people are responsible for their actions and not religion. Pro failed to respond to this point. Pro also did not stand firm in the position he took in this debate.
Vote Placed by DeFool 4 years ago
DeFool
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I did not see a real effort to engage in a formal debate from the instigator. I saw defensible opinions, and a few valid points... But few arguments were ever fielded in defense of the resolution.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
jose860johnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Im not even sure what Pro was trying to debate here but whatever it was he didnt meet his burden of proof....