HoneyBadger
Kevinyauger

Looking for a member of the Pacifist Party of America

HoneyBadger

Con

Now, I'm calling out any member of the Pacifist Party of America to explain what they believe. Before I go any further, I am a hardcore conservative Libertarian creationist capitalist, so that's the view I'm coming from. So, without further ado, let's get this show on the road. From what I've heard about the PPA, they want to abolish chemical, atomic, and nuclear weapons, get rid of the military funding, do away with immigration laws, opposes the 2nd Amendment, and wishes to end discrimination" by muscling through an amendment to the Constitution. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will be awaiting an answer.
Kevinyauger

Pro

Hello, thank you for starting this debate. Im not a member of the pacifist party but i have a very similar ideology. lets try to be civilized and good luck.

I am going to be taking the stance that the United States and every country in the world should undergo unilateral disarmament. Most importantly eradication of all chemical, nuclear and biological weapons. A huge reduction in military spending and size. Also, a removal of the border fence and an end to the war on drugs. I hope its ok but i don't want to argue over gun rights and the second amendment because i am a libertarian on this issue and i think that enforcing a ban on guns is contradictory to pacifist principles.

You start, good luck
HoneyBadger

Con

While I don't nukes, in my mind as long as the other guys have them, we need them. Besides on universal disarmament, as long as one still exists anywhere, America needs one. On the border fence, I think it's not needed, but we need to cut all these welfare programs that bring all these illegals here. In case you were wondering, to reduce cartel activity, legalize weed and allow for more 2nd Amendment rights down there by the border. You mentioned disarmament. Does that include citizens? (Because that's usually what I think when I hear that.) If so, I don't think that would work. Lastly, military spending... in this day and age where terrorists seem to destroy everything we hold dear, it's just plain crazy to try to reduce the military. Awaiting your responses,
HoneyBadger
Kevinyauger

Pro

Firstly, I'm not advocating for a ban on guns, including assault weapons.

We don't need chemical or biological weapons and we will never use them, ever.
So theirs no need for them to exist, all their doing is taking up space and time.
Second, we spend more than the next 14 world powers on defense. 14, that incredible, more than Russia, China, India, Iran, North Korea and all unfriendly countries and rivals. Why do we need to spend this much? Were trillion of dollars in debt, have millions of people in poverty and we're spend all this money to maintain a military that will never be used. Some paranoid people say that we need a strong military to counter Russia and China, but let's get real we're not going to get invaded by China. Secondly we have military bases all over the world. Thousand of troops still remain in Germany. Why do we need to keep spending all this money on troops in Germany? I thought conservatives and libertarians were supposed to be fiscally responsible.

Terrorist are not going to destroy America. It's not going to happen, that's just paranoia. And the only reason terrorist hate us is because of our pro war policies in the first place. If we weren't getting involved in the Middle East so much maybe people wouldn't be do inclined to hate us. And why do we need nuclear weapons anyway? Why do some countries need to process weapons That can destroy the world? And I'm advocating for universal disarmament. That includes all other superpowers.

http://t.ritholtz.com...
http://www.cfr.org...
HoneyBadger

Con

I don't like nukes at all. But, the big military and the nukes, in my mind if nothing else are, the deterrent that could stop a full fledged invasion. Well, apparently we almost agree, so this isn't much of a debate, huh?
Kevinyauger

Pro

The United States is drowning in debt, yet we continue to spend so much money on the military. The only reason we spend so much is because the military industrial complex bribes our politicians to continue spending so much money. We could use that money for so much more instead of building weapons thy we will never use or ever need.

An invasion from who? That's just paranoia. Th United States will not be invaded by anyone. So why do we need to continue spending so much on a military that just collects dust?
HoneyBadger

Con

The people I fear could invade are North Korea, terrorists, possibly China. I already said that the military is a deterrent. But, this was a good debate.
Kevinyauger

Pro

I highly doubt North Korea and the Kim Jong in could even make it to America let alone actually win a war. Terrorist are mainly made up of small groups who couldn't do really anything serious to the United States. China is not going to invade America for obvious reasons. So their is no point in having a military in modern times.

It's been fun and a great debate.

Thanks, vote for me