Lotus Evora is more practical than any other super car?

This video compares the Lotus Evora to the Ferrari F XX. As you can see that when the Lotus crashes that the driver states "That this car is so comfortable that when you crash off the road and end up in a field of Butter Cups that it doesn't really matter because you barely notice"..."If I were in a Ferrari right now driving off road my skeleton would be disintegrated".

When the video is at 3min and 3sec you can see that the Evora has back seats, a trunk, and just a small V6 engine.

If you look at the engine size for the F XX it is stated as a V12 engine.

Also the Ferrari has 800 HP and the Lotus evora has only 276 HP.

As extra note the Ferrari was compared to a Formula 1 car.

The idea of practicality and super cars is a strange idea because most people don't by them for things like gas mileage, and affordability. I think the best way we could judge the concept of practicality and super cars is by comparing there stats {mph, 0-60, etc} to there cost. The car I have chosen for this example is the corvette ZR1 its cost is a little over 100k. its top speed is 205 mph, its zero to sixty is 3.4 s, and 0-100 in 7 s. the price could also be shown as 161 dollars per horse power, or 502 dollars per mph. in comparison the evora is roughly 85k. this transfers to 208 $ per horse power, or 532$ per mph. This clearly shows that the corvette is the more economical of the two and therefore more practical.
I would like to remind my opponent that he has yet to pose any arguments to defend his resolution. also his burden of proof is huge because for him to win this debate he must show why the Evora is more practical than any other super car ever made. gl.

DTK_12 forfeited this round.

Regrettably my opponent has forfeited the last round. because I have clearly shown that his resolution is wrong and because he has given zero evidence to support his resolution I must claim victory.
Posted by tBoonePickens 7 years ago
I love cars; I love Lotus; but this is apples vs oranges.
As super cars go, there really is no reasonable comparison between a Lotus Evora and most super cars, especially not the Ferrari Fxx. Completely different animals.

Its most direct comparison would be the 911, as it is the only other "super car" that has 2+2 seating. If you are willing to overlook that, then you also have the NSX, Audi S5 4.2, BMW Z4, Nissan 350/370, etc. You can even put in some cars like Corvette Z06, Vipper, etc.

My favorite: Acura NSX. Let's compare them: 2010 Evora vs (2002 NSX)
Engine: 3456cc V6 (3179cc V6); Evora has larger engine
276 bhp @ 6400 rpm (290 bhp @ 7100 rpm); NSX has more horse power yet smaller engine
79.8 hp-per-liter (91.2 hp-per-liter); NSX has more horsepower per liter
258 lb-ft @ 4700 rpm (224 lb-ft / 5500 rpm); Evora has more torque due to larger engine
7200 rpm Redline (8000 rpm Redline); NSX has higher redline
3046 lb curb weight (2950 lb curb weight); NSX is lighter & has nicer interior
0~60 mph in 4.9 sec (0~60 mph in 4.8 sec); Almost same; NSX-R is 4.4 sec
162 mph top speed (175 mph top speed); NSX is faster
0.337 drag coefficient (0.300 drag coefficient); NSX is more aerodynamic
$84,000 ($89,000); NSX is slightly more expensive
Posted by tmhustler 7 years ago
looks like my opponent will forfeit getting kinda tired of this.
Posted by brian_eggleston 7 years ago
"Do you like this debate?" - this reader 'clicks "Yes"' and 'adds to favorites'!
Posted by DTK_12 7 years ago
Hello and thank ypu for accepting thos debate. good luck to you.
Vote Placed by tmhustler 7 years ago