scr85
Bikertomato

Love him or hate him... Is Lebron James the best all around basketball player to ever play the game?

Bikertomato has forfeited round #2.
Started: 2/8/2018 Category: Sports
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

scr85

Pro

I will keep it simple. Lebron James accomplishments, accolades, and career numbers (27.1 ppg 7.3 rpg 7.1 apg *basketball-reference.com) speak for themselves. Michael Jordan might have been the greatest pure scorer to ever play the game, averaging over 30 ppg for his career (common basketball knowledge), but LBJ is hands down the most dominate all around player the sport has ever seen. With the Cleveland Cavs recent struggles (only 7 wins in 2018 *nba.com), it seems LBJ has to put up a triple double every night for the Cavs to even have a chance of winning. With a 37 10 and 15 line last night against the Twolves, Lebron still needed an amazing swat on Jimmy Butler, and a buzzer beating fadeaway from the top of the key to win in overtime. Look, I personally like Lebron. He is a positive role model for kids, stays out of trouble, and though his ego can get the best of him sometimes, whose wouldn't if they were the best and most talented at what they did. I am a huge Boston Celtics fan, so I can't root for him when they matchup against him, but I root for the guy every other time, and acknowledge greatness when I see it. Love him or hate him... He got game. Let me know what you think. With that being said Go Celtics!
Bikertomato

Con

When Kyrie Irving left the cavs Lebron James could not hold up the cavs much proving if he was so good he would be able to hold up a team all by himself but he cant
scr85

Pro

There is a reason basketball is called a team sport. Not one player, who could be considered the greatest of all time, won championships by themselves. Michael Jordan, who I consider to be the only player worth arguing was better than James, played 7 seasons before winning his first title, and surely didn't win all 6 by himself. Jordan played on championship teams that included players such as Scottie Pippen (Hall of Famer), Horace Grant, John Paxson, Bill Cartwright, Dennis Rodman (possible future Hall of Famer), Toni Kukoc (6th man of the year in '96), and Steve Kerr. (http://www.nba.com...) Players like Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem, and Bill Russell all played with at least two Hall of Fame players during their dynasties. The only player I can think of who carried a team by himself is Kevin Garnett during the 2003-2004 season, and that Twolves team lost in the Conference Finals. He had some decent role players, but not even a stellar MVP season from one guy could get that team over the top. I would argue that Lebron was working with arguably the worst supporting cast of all time this season before the trade deadline. Not to mention, as bad as the Cavs have been playing, they are still the 3 seed in the East. It is possible the recent trades provide James a little more help to better contend for another championship run, which if they did make it to the Finals would be Lebron's EIGHTH consecutive trip. Oh, and did I forget to mention Lebron is averaging 26.5 ppg 8 boards and 8.7 dimes, is 33 years old, and 5th in minutes played per game. (https://www.basketball-reference.com...) You clearly dislike Lebron, which is fine because you are entitled to your opinion, but your argument carries no merit because I am more than certain you can't produce one source of factual evidence that supports a player, better than Lebron, who carried their team by themselves. Try a bit harder this round and bring some factual evidence to the table to prove my argument wrong. Good Luck.
Posted by Nd2400 1 week ago
Nd2400
Can't really go against you here. because i do think he is one of the greatest b-ball of all time. But his career hasn't ended so i can't say he is the best ever yet. But with the trades, they got today, made them better..