NPDAgeek
Lupricona

Love is Merely Necessary

NPDAgeek

Pro

A value debate.

Weighing mechanism: qualitative analysis-the winner is the debater that gives the best analysis.

This debate is anything goes.

State interpretation of resolution and accept challenge in first round.
Lupricona

Con

My interpretation of the resolution is that love is a necessary metaphysical attribute for the human species to have a meaninful life.

I will not only argue that love is not necessary, but I will also offer arguments in favor of love being counter-productive.

Thank you for the opportunity to debate, NPDAgeek, and I look forward to your arguments.
NPDAgeek

Pro

Merely is an important word, if it is necessary than neither have proved.

My place will be to show
LOVE SERVES NO NECESSARY FUNCTION AND IS ONLY A NECESSARY BEHAVIOR

Contention: Reproduction is the purpose of life

A) WITHOUT REPRODUCTION LIFE WOULD NOT EXIST
i. Life would be finalized in one generation if none reproduced
ii. Existing is purpose behind function of bio
B) LOVE IS A FUNCTION
i. Love binds organisms together in mutual euphoria and contentment
ii. This is good for children
iii. It also serves as our gene selecting guide
C) THE GENE IS MEAN
i. Genes are passed on
ii. Genes define traits
iii. we inherit traits that help us pass them on

LOVE IS MERELY NECESSARY TO THE FUNCTION OF LIFE OR IT WOULDN'T EXIST AS A TRAIT IN MAN
Lupricona

Con

Love and reproduction only cause more pain. When humans bring a child into the world, the child comes into it crying. As it grows older, it realizes that one day it will eventually die and cease to exist for eternity, and also that the universe will cease to exist at one point. This overwhelmingly wretched truth is too much for humans- so they go about their monotonous and repetitive lives to forget about the meaninglessness of it all. They create a lie that says they can create their own happiness, even though they will perish one day and be forgotten for eternity.

My opponent was correct that love necessarily results in procreation, which as I have shown is a terrible thing. Why bring a child into this wicked world? Love is self-refuting.

NPDAgeek

Pro

My opponents arguments hinge on inevitable death making life meaningless,

Life continues, from the vantage point of infinity it is neutral phenomena, but the goal of this phenomena the purpose, is to continue.

Love makes us feel content and euphoric because it is the method passed from parent to offspring of pushing individuals focused on their life as an individual towards the goal of life as a whole, to continue.

You are going to vote Pro because I've clearly proved that Love is Merely Necessary, and remained topical throughout.
My opponent sees love as a distraction from big thinking's daunting of life's meaning, I've proved love is a distraction from individual thinking's daunting of life's meaning. It is necessary to love in life.
Lupricona

Con

My opponent argued that love is necessary to create a distraction from the inevitability of the end of the universe. He did not refute my proposition that love will continue life and create more pain with every new baby born. If we stopped love, the human specious would not exist anymore (which is inevitable anyway, at some point they will die out when the universe ends), and misery and suffering would be no more. However, my opponent would rather humans continue the suffering by creating more children. Love is harmful and selfish. Why would you want to bring a child into the world so it can suffer, and would have to rely on things to distract it's own misery.

Vote Con if you realize love is harmful and it creates human suffering.
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
This should be an interesting debate. Though I will not debate it I will just watch from the sidelines.