youneverknow
Redscrap101

Love is not real

youneverknow

youneverknow

Pro

In my opinion, love is simply an emotion created by nature in order to continue the existence of a specie. Based on most humans' perceptions of love, it is something like destiny where you are meant to be together and you feel happy together. This perception is most likely based off of novels, movies and television series that give a false view of love based on the creator's own desires or misconceptions.
Redscrap101

Con

Actually love is real because you are actually feeling it inside of you. Emotion is real what do you expect. If love was not real we would not be alive right now on earth.
youneverknow

Pro

youneverknow forfeited this round.
Redscrap101

Con

There a reason why you're forfeiting this round?
Out of words are you?
I'll tell you my perspective about love. to me love is an actual feeling deeps inside you. Almost as if your guts are telling you that you actually like a male or female. You said that "love is just a emotion" that is right but it's not false.
youneverknow

Pro

Sorry, about the last round. I was busy at school.

In response to your point "if love was not real we would not be alive right now on earth.", I feel that it is false. If you speaking from the sense that people fall in "love" then reproduce in order to continue the existence of specie, then I'd beg to differ as people can continue life whether or not they're in "love" as people it reproduction does not require it. Many people, in fact, already do this when they feel they don't "love" someone. If you're speaking from the religious sense that we were created out of love, then I'd have to say that's not a very solid basis for an argument. I hope I don't offend anyone in this comment. I'm so sorry if I did.

As for the point about love being an real feeling/emotion that you have reiterated quite a few times, which I have also done in my previous argument in some ways, I would like to clarify. The way that you feel love or any other emotion is through hormones and neurotransmitters. Here's a picture of how you feel love: http://upload.wikimedia.org.... So, what I'm trying to say is that these hormones and neurotransmitters can be stimulated through different means. For example, dopamine can be stimulate through cocaine. (Not trying to encourage the use of cocaine) So, theoretically, you could make a person feel the same way they would feel if they were in "love" through different means. You could make someone feel in "love" with almost anything this way. Maybe even a chair. But, that's not the point. What I'm really trying to say is that "love" is just a combination of hormones and neurotransmitters being stimulated. So, it's not really what you would think of a meant to be relationship, assuming that's what you think.
Redscrap101

Con

Photo only shows proof of after a break up. Love is what created life you're going a little bit off the point grammar errors in spelling is recognizable. Anyways think of it this way if love was not here on earth not even a hint of it. Ask yourself this where would u be standing right now? Hmm?

You said so yourself love creates an emotion that causes people to produce children.
youneverknow

Pro

Firstly, about the photo, it is not of the emotions felt after a break up, but it is of the emotions felt by a person in "love". I'd like to know what made you think that it was.

Maybe, I was clear enough in my last argument. What I meant was that "love" is not required to produce children. Also, I'd like you to clarify whether you think "love" is an emotion or "love" creates an emotion or both.

For your point, "if love was not here on earth not even a hint of it. Ask yourself this where would (you) be standing right now", you need to understand that I don't even believe that love exists. So, the answer I would give is that I would be at the same place I am right now.

Lastly, this may be off the point, but since you mentioned grammar and spelling errors, I would just like to say my piece. You also made a few errors, such as "love is just a emotion" which you wrote in the second round. I'd also like if you would tell me my own errors and how I was off the point in the previous argument. If you prefer, you could send me a message.
Redscrap101

Con

Redscrap101 forfeited this round.
Posted by ChloeMcIverFloyd 3 years ago
ChloeMcIverFloyd
Love is a chemical reaction in the brain, nothing more than that.
Posted by makeshift8 3 years ago
makeshift8
Love is no more than a sexual desire for that person. Sure you could feel a connection with that person, but did that secret high school crush sexually arouse you? Of course he/she did, because the only reason love exists is because the desire to reproduce is what creates a bond between a man and a woman.
Vote Placed by Josh_b 3 years ago
Josh_b
youneverknowRedscrap101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's arguments were clear and well thought out.