Lower the drinking age to 16

I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to sit down and watch the baseball game with my father, while we both pop a cold one. Lowering this drinking age has many benefits, it will help me bond with my father, it will help others make friends easier. The reason I say that is because the maturity that comes with this new law, would build a special bond with me and my father. And it would give an option to make more friends at school, such as there would be more parties, and that would allow others to have a even bigger chance of making new friends. So those are the reasons I stand behind this new law.

Many things wrong with your statement.

I don't think you know what the short term, and long term effects are with the consumption of alcohol. You're being very optimistic, as if drinking large amounts of beer is a good thing. Let's go over your points.

- "It will help me bond with my father."

This may seem offensive, but if you need alcohol to bond with any given person, there's something terribly wrong with that relationship. I bond with my father just fine, and no reason to "pop a cold one". I'm sorry if this isn't the same for you, but it isn't the same for us. This situation doesn't apply to everyone. People have abusive parents who over-consume alcohol, then proceed to beat them. It's great to hear you want to bond with your father, but in some cases, you just can't bond with someone who doesn't want to bond.

- "Make more friends at school"

Basically the same argument as above. Drinking large amounts of alcohol with a bunch of other teens, has proved to be a terrible experience in the long run. Teenagers, especially those who are 16 and just got their driver's license.

Okay that was a very very hurtful insult you just trashed most peoples father, just to win a debate, you are bad and I win so just forfeit kid your are just the worst.

Sorry, but I tried making a disclaimer that I wasn't meaning to be offensive on a personal level, just stating my opinion for the sake of the debate.

alextheking101 forfeited this round.

Huh, would you look at that. I guess I've won.

In the future, have a better backbone for your debates.
Posted by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Meant to check con for having better grammar, not evidence, my bad.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Just another shmuck that joined the site. I do hope that you make more, how do you say, time worthy debates in the future. This is with all due respect.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
You are an idiot, a fools paradise at that. You are the Donald Trump.
Vote Placed by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff