AvalonClaire
Dmetal

Lower the legal sex age

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

AvalonClaire

Pro

In my opinion the legal age for two people, or maybe three, to have sexual intercourse should be lowered to the ages of 11. i belive this to be acceptable as children are being educated about this by the ages of 5 so they must surely be mature enough to what they are letting themselves into as they have known about it for 6 years now. Some say it should be lowered to 5 as they now know about it from this age but they haven't had the experiences to now what the real reason behind it should be, love.
Dmetal

Con

I'm a pretty open-minded guy. I have nothing against people wanting to have crazy sex lives, but age 11??? What is that? 6th grade?? Kids at that age don't have the ability to gauge consequences. They can't even legally work, so child support is out the window. I can't even imagine a doctor telling some 11 year-old kid he has the clap or the HIV. This is pretty far off the deep end for me.
AvalonClaire

Pro

Im a very open minded person myelf, i dont see how just because a child cannot legally work or receive child support is relevant to point i am making. You may say it is becaue of the consiquences of sexual intercourse but at no point have i said 11 year old should be having chidren. I beleive your point that you cannot imagin doctors telling someone theyhave a sexually transmitted diesease is abit of a varse. if you love someone or something then you should be able to show that love through that form, if both people are up for it.
Dmetal

Con

"i [sic] dont [sic] see how just because a child cannot legally work or receive child support is relevant to point i [sic] am making."
Well, when people have sex, sometimes they get children afterwards. How's an 11 year-old going to support a child?

"[A]t no point have i said 11 year old should be having chidren [sic]."
If kids have sex, some will have children or contract a disease. Those two things are part of sex; both happen on occasion, even when preventative measures are taken. Moreover, 11 year-old children have trouble taking their damn vitamins, so what makes you think they will be able to use contraceptives correctly each time?

Another problem with your contention, is that this eliminates any reasoning behind statutory rape, even some cases of child molestation. Such laws assume that a child cannot consent to sex and therefore should be protected. If we lower the age to 11, there is no reason an adult should not be able to have sex with an 11 year old, since, according to you, that 11 year-old is responsible enough to consent to sex.

Last point!
"if [sic] you love someone or something then you should be able to show that love through that form, if both people are up for it."
Something! What do you mean by something? Moreover, there is a bit of a question whether or not children at that age "are up for it." Now, sexual intercourse is natural; however, how we value it is cultural. Are kids that young going to be ready for the social, biological, or economic costs of sex?
AvalonClaire

Pro

AvalonClaire forfeited this round.
Dmetal

Con

Well, my opponent has given up. I think the legal sex age is adequate insofar as it seems to adhere to the age that we begin to think about consequences and the actual workings of society in general.
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 5 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
I don't think there should be a legal sex age at all! I think the government needs to get the fvck out odf people's lives!
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 5 years ago
SuperRobotWars
AvalonClaireDmetalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was more convincing and did not forfeit any rounds.
Vote Placed by Deathbeforedishonour 5 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
AvalonClaireDmetalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though I am pro, Avalonclaire forfeited.