Ju5tice
bballcrook21

Lowered 2yr. tuition helps in successful completion and maintains the 4yr. college debt.

bballcrook21

Ju5tice

Pro

Having the college tuition rate lowered will have a successful completion rate of graduating a two year college because it is so affordable while also having lowered the debt collection at the beginning of a four year college. The cost of attending college has skyrocketed and is moving faster than the economy today. There are more students who attend college even if they cannot afford to attend which means taking out students loans and making the decision of not having a home loan when it is time to decide to do so in the future (Anderberg).
.
bballcrook21

Con

I have accepted your challenge. I will be arguing against the claims made by the Pro side. I will be using contextual evidence, as well as my deep understanding on the economy. I will be using sources that support my claim and refute the claim of the Pro side. I will also be maintaining a good atmosphere as to make sure that this debate does not become one of slanderous nature but rather a discussion. I will make sure that this debate does not become one of sympathy, but rather that of factual information. I will await your opening statement.
Ju5tice

Pro

Ju5tice forfeited this round.
bballcrook21

Con

I do not understand why you would forfeit the round, but I will still post an argument for you to consider for the next round if you do not forfeit that one as well.

The question itself is rather vague. I am going to assume that by 2 year tuition you are referring to Community College, and most 2 year colleges offer an Associates Degree.

Firstly, I will start off by stating that I do not believe that government should play a part in education, as they are morbidly inefficient with people's money.

Secondly, I will state that college is demand based. If there is more incentive to do something, then the cost will go up. Government subsidizes and created incentive to go to college, which means that the cost of the goes up tremendously. Additionally, Community Colleges already cost a very little amount compared to private universities since they are paid for by the state. The education is of course not as good, but it is also not as costly.

Thirdly, I do not understand what you mean by "maintains the 4yr. college debt." For whom? If the government decides to go in to private universities and force them to lower tuition then that will violated the Constitution and most likely the universities will sue. If the government goes in to Community Colleges then that will be okay, but they will have to pay more money. Since we are in a deficit, and currently hold very little money, we would need to increase taxes to pay for this lowered tuition.

No one should subsidize other people's lives. You should pay for college on your own. If government left college altogether the demand would go down and so would the cost. This is okay, because some people who attend college are rather stupid and drop out either way.
Ju5tice

Pro

Ju5tice forfeited this round.
bballcrook21

Con

The Pro has forfeited two rounds in order. He has not responded with a counter argument, so I will declare myself victor. Vote for Con!
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Ju5ticebballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by cathaystewie 1 year ago
cathaystewie
Ju5ticebballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: All PRO arguments refuted by CON as CON stated his principle that everyone should be financially independent when it comes to college, and brought up new points regarding the demand-based nature of tertiary education. Though CON did make a few unjustified claims (i.e. some people who go to college are stupid, government is inefficient with people's money), these were not picked up by PRO nor was any of CONs argument rebutted by PRO. Hence, this debate falls to CON.