Andrew.Knight
MP519Rovin

Lowering Age Limitations of Getting a Job from 16 to 15

Andrew.Knight

Pro

Well I have no idea how to start because I am therefore I will start from the beginning.
I believe that we should lower the age of getting a job from 16 to 15. I will start with a story of why we should. - I know a kid by the name of Chris Rice, he is the same age as me 15 and he does kush,ice,smokes cigars,get drunk,drinks beer,and is in a gang. This is probably one of the worst friends you could be acquainted with but the reason is for this because he has nothing to do on the weekends, why is this so? Because he doesn't have a job. We are teens full of energy and we would like to use that energy for something. Therefore, since we do not have jobs to put that energy into we start bad habits. So lowering the age limit would get a lot of teens out of the street(not including people who are very poor).

I do not see the problem with this request anyway, we teens are very mature, and the future of the country; if we dont learn responsibility early enough we might just ruin this great country our fathers spent so long on. We have the minds to make a difference but, if we continue to be treated like kids when will we learn how to provide on our own we should learn while we are young so we can be better prepared for the future. Even as I present all of these things to you we still happened to be, restrained by what adults and parents say about the subject; "You children today are to mature, we used to be more mature than you" Counterargument: You are the baby boomers our country is in your hands yet you ruin it a perfect example of your immaturity is Congress, you people constantly oppose each other just to get what you want, us teens maybe reckless but we know when to work together to get ahead. Argument: "Back in my days we worked to help our parents, not for selfish reasons" Counterargument: We do think about no one about ourselves that is true but our country isn't as bad now as it was 40 - 50 years ago, so there really isn't any need to help you guys out(to a certain extent). Argument: We ask our parents for stuff but what is their reply "Get a job" so a question,statement, and command begin to pop into your mind. Counterargument: 1)We are trying to get jobs but, you dont help us teens to succeed in doing so, so you guys are hypocrites. 2) I am 15 where do you think I can get a steady job? Wal-mart doesn't have openings. 3) *Mumble then start to get angry at parents then start to shout* Argument: "You teens dont need all of that high tech fancy gadgets, all you need is a book and your brain" Counterarguement: A book and gadget really if we can work for our own stuff that would teach us responsibility that you adults are crying that teens dont have responsibility. If I cannot change anyone's mind about this well I tried and I failed so thank you for reading this and good bye. PLEASE AGREE!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
MP519Rovin

Con

I will keep this as short as possible. Literally.
I know plenty of teenagers in my high school that use marajuana, alcohol, and cigarrettes and still have a job.
Teenagers are mature? Oh please...do you know how many times I have heard the words "creepy," "stalker," and "rape" used out of context? WAY too many to count.
I did as I planned - only 369 characters.
Andrew.Knight

Pro

Andrew.Knight forfeited this round.
MP519Rovin

Con

I shall wait for my opponent to post the third round.
Andrew.Knight

Pro

Andrew.Knight forfeited this round.
MP519Rovin

Con

MP519Rovin forfeited this round.
Posted by RougeFox 6 years ago
RougeFox
You can get a job at Chick Fil A at age 15
Posted by MP519Rovin 6 years ago
MP519Rovin
Ahhh...well sorry about that.
Posted by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
Ah, Rovin, I was just about to take this... D: Ah, well.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Andrew.KnightMP519RovinTied