murphman9
Hanist

Lowering The Drinking Age

murphman9

Pro

Lowering the drinking age to 16 is a good way to reduce over drinking, and DUIs. I am not talking about an immediate all you can drink, but a regulated amount ,much like in Germany. In Germany people at can drink at 16, but only a very regulated amount. In the U.S. it could work much the same way slowly increasing the amount, and concentration you are able to drink, until 21. Lowering the drinking age would help teach teens safe alcohol use.
Hanist

Con

"Lowering the drinking age to 16 is a good way to reduce over drinking, and DUIs."

How.

"I am not talking about an immediate all you can drink, but a regulated amount ,much like in Germany."

Well damn. If you can't drink as much as you wish, what is the point?

"In Germany people at can drink at 16, but only a very regulated amount. In the U.S. it could work much the same way slowly increasing the amount, and concentration you are able to drink, until 21."

Ahem. Who is passing this sh*t law? Also, who supports it. Also, how much regulation does Germany have? Cause I don't want to look it up. You tell me. Also why do you want a drinking scale? Doesn't that encourage stupid a** behaviour?

Many would say, that drinking is for the young. I say drinking is for the old. It is needed to enjoy that lazy a** retirement we all want. Since those geezers could never do booze wrong, make the geezers do it. But the crazy white kids? Not them.

- Hanist -
murphman9

Pro

murphman9 forfeited this round.
Hanist

Con

Hanist forfeited this round.
Posted by TheWorldIsComplicated 5 months ago
TheWorldIsComplicated
That doesn't make any sense, if you increase the number of people who can drink, you increase the number of DUI's.