ILL_logic
TheWoodOre

Lucid dreaming is real

ILL_logic

Pro

If you do not believe in Lucid Dreaming accept this challenge
TheWoodOre

Con

Since you did not specify what kind of "Lucid dreaming", I will.

"Lucid: Expressed clearly. Easy to understand". Although there are more definitions, I'm going with that one.

"Dreaming: a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep."

Obviously you believe in these easy to understand and simple dreams because your mind is so simple and little, you experience these things you think are "Lucid Dreams".

But in reality, you're too simple-minded to remember your dreams, so, you must be lying awake on your bed thinking of simple stuff like grass, and being so simple-minded, thinking you're dreaming.
ILL_logic

Pro

you cannot be serious ..... are you kidding me ? if you think the science behind lucid dreaming is anything near simple minded you obviously are simple minded yourself my friend to make an assumption like that

i was really hoping for an intelligent debate on the issue and not to be attacked so "simple minded" by someone who obviously has never studied the science behind the brain signals in lucid dreaming by unambiguous REM sleep. i dont think that is very mature of you at all , i will go as far as calling you "simple minded" and arrogant for attempting to attack my intelligence this is obviously a troll ,or you have never opened a book on Psycophysiology ! i am sorry for you ,if you do not understand that biochemical and neurophysiological processes are responsible for the lucid dream state of consciousness.

"in lucid dreaming the aminergic neurons " hence the critical faculty " is switched on, while muscle paralysis is still maintained. Only when, for some mysterious, accidental, or evolutionary reason, the self referencing faculty suddenly awakens, do we find ourselves in a lucid dream. "

my simple mind is trying so hard to understand where you are coming from at attacking my intelligence ,im using my phone for this so in the next round i will give you some "sources" since im sure this next round you will attack me some more and call me simple minded ,but since im doing all this without my sources i can give you the name of a great book and author/pshycophysiologist Stephen LaBerge he is well respected by most who study the field - the book is called Lucid Dreaming the power of being aware and awake in your dreams . im sorry you had to resort to illogical tactics of attacking me so early but i feel that if you know nothing of this subject you are going to have a hard time debating this
TheWoodOre

Con

You didn't specify "Lucid dreaming" first. And I'm very sorry for calling you "simple-minded", but it was fot the greater good: science. Please start talking about the kind of Lucid Dreaming I specified, not whatever one you're making up all of a suden now.

And remember, can we please be more civilized? You sound rather mad when this is just a simple, friendly, philosophical debate.

-Love,
TheWoodOre
ILL_logic

Pro

as we can all see here CON states that calling me simple minded was " it was fot the greater good" please con id like for you to explain to me on how calling me simple minded is for the greater good of science i can not just let that go

and i explained lucid dreaming in round 2 in which is obvious you know nothing of the subject as if you knew enough about what Lucid dreaming was then you would understand that i am clearly not "making this up as you stated as well , i do not take claim for discovering lucid dreaming or REM sleep NOR HAVE I EVER CLAIMED TO TAKE CREDIT . i "simply explained in round 2 the best way i could what lucid dreaming is and some of the science behind it ,i feel you need to provide stronger information and reasoning as to why i am not correct . i would just like to say again that if you think i am making up lucid dreaming all of the sudden now then that is proof for me that you have no or very little knowledge on this subject and given that information debating this technical topic with you is just going to leave you confused ii believe you need to do some more research my friend i hope you study this more and can find some reasoning behind this topic ... for the name of science
TheWoodOre

Con

When I said you were making stuff up, I didn't mean it like that. The Lucid Dreaming you're talking about, I totally agree with it. It's just I was confused on which kind you were talking about because you didn't specify, so I did myself, but after that you re-specified. That's like making up rules while you go along. It kinda hurt my feelings. How about this. A draw, We both win.
Posted by TheWoodOre 2 years ago
TheWoodOre
I'm good at debating about stupid stuff and not losing
Posted by TheWoodOre 3 years ago
TheWoodOre
You are sure right it was well put. Thanks.
Posted by ILL_logic 3 years ago
ILL_logic
"I was here to debate, I came to this debate to debate." well put
Posted by TheWoodOre 3 years ago
TheWoodOre
I was here to debate, I came to this debate to debate. But you posted something that I believed in and was so simple and fact that no one would challenge it, so I TECHNICALLY FOLLOWED THE RULES and did what I did best: Debate with nonsense. And you kept saying that because I called you simple-minded I'm wrong, which makes no sense. I gave real precise and technically correct and allowed arguments.
Posted by ILL_logic 3 years ago
ILL_logic
you cared enough to comment
Posted by ILL_logic 3 years ago
ILL_logic
you cared enough to comment
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
Apparently, no one cares.
Posted by ILL_logic 3 years ago
ILL_logic
it is time for voting now that the debate is over i ask kindly for viewers to now vote i really do not feel this should result in a 0-0 tie
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
I call obvious trolling. Con joined this debate defined lucid dreaming called Pro simple-minded repeatadly then pretended as though he didn't know what lucid dreaming was an called for a tie. He is an embarrassment to debate.org
Posted by ILL_logic 3 years ago
ILL_logic
con.. you are wasting my time i was really looking foward to a good debate on this topic and like the troll you are all you did by entering this debate is prove that you are -irrational im using that as a scientific term i find it better then simple minded