Cazaam
jp_porwisz10

Luis Suarez should be banned for life?

Cazaam
Started: 6/27/2014 Category: Sports

Cazaam

Con

So here's a question I've seen somewhere and it was an interesting one and that question is, Should Luis Suarez be banned for life? In my opinion I think not. For as much as a douche as he is, people can change the error of their ways eventually with a hard enough punishment for bad things or a nice reward for a good thing... However even though Suarez got banned for 4 months for his third biting occasion, this time on Giorgio Chiellini, an Italian defender, I'd say it would be too harsh for Suarez to be banned for life. As much as you hate to admit it, he is a very talented player and it would be a shame if he was never seen again on the pitch.

The fine of over 100,000 Swiss francs is an absolute pointless thing as Suarez actually earns as much as this a week.

To be honest, I think he should be banned until he can prove himself worthy of being on the pitch again. Once he's got the psychiatric help he needs he has a chance to appeal. That's what I say.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

Suarez is great player, and I understand his actions. But for now, Banning him for life would be too harsh
Cazaam

Con

Wait, you do realise you're on the pro side? Because all you're doing right now is agreeing with me that he shouldn't get banned for life.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

Oh sorry. Then I agree with Pros views
Cazaam

Con

Now I'm confused about this... But just imagine Luis Suarez running around the pitch in a Hannibal Lecter mask... That would be so funny to see...
Anyway back on topic. What's interesting is what Giorgio Chiellini said himself about this incident on his personal website which is and I quote: Now inside me there"s no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Su"rez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that"s done. There only remain the anger and the disappointment about the match,"
"At the moment my only thought is for Luis and his family, because they will face a very difficult period."

So what's interesting is what the victim says himself about what happened.
Posted by macaztec 2 years ago
macaztec
If FIFA were to ban him for life they would not be denying him any kind of right to earn a living. He would be welcome to flip burgers at Burger King where I am sure they would fire him the first time he were to bite someone.
Posted by szexiv 2 years ago
szexiv
Seeing as bans and fines havent worked on suarez, I think a permanent ban from international play COULD be warranted. One cannot deprive him the right to earn a living in his profession. However, not allowing him to represent his country, I think, is a reasonable and substantial punishment.
Posted by macaztec 2 years ago
macaztec
I think life may be too hard. But this is the third time. How many times is enough? I don't are how good of a player he is and actually don't think talent should be used determine the punishment at all. But he has said that these are just things that happen on the pitch. Doesn't sound like he even wants to be helped.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Cazaamjp_porwisz10Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made twice the amount of arguments I normally see in a debate.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Cazaamjp_porwisz10Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never made an argument.