NayrbBHB
Nimbus328

Lying about your age on dating sites is wrong

Nimbus328

NayrbBHB

Con

I recently posted a profile to a dating site. I met up with a gal and we really had a nice coffee date. We decided to go on another date and things were really going quite well. However, although she was an older women, I had to confess I had lied about my age on my profile. She was hurt. I had the notion that all is fair in love and war but I have learnt that if you start off with a lie, it is a long hard road back to connecting again.

She said that I lied to her and also to everyone else online.

I took my profile down. Getting the silent treatment.

Buddies of mine tell me that everyone is lying on these websites.
Nimbus328

Pro

A 17 year old woman posting her age as older could lead to unintentional statutory rape.

A 20 year old woman posting her age as older could lead to providing a minor which alcohol.

Both situations place the other person in a terrible position, with possible jail time.

Kids, don't date online.
NayrbBHB

Con

Sorry new to this site. I meant to be on the pro side...
NayrbBHB

Con

I'll play devil's advocate - being a bit dramatic. Most people lie about there age a little. All is fair i love and war :)
Nimbus328

Pro

I have made a strong case against teens lying about their age. Argument #1

I shall continue with a case for people in their 20s. Argument #2

A 22 year old woman has just graduated college. She has an entry-level job, as do most people her age. She wants to land a man in a stronger financial position. So she changes her age to 30.

The 30 year old man feels taken advantage of when he finds that his date is substantially younger than him.
NayrbBHB

Con

But love is stronger than justice. What if there is a connection. What about those that don't look their age? Are they to be determined by this? If the world sees them as 35 can't they be 35 for the online part?
Nimbus328

Pro

In the 30s age bracket, people are in their prime dating life if not already married.

To claim to be in the 30s when actually younger always has a financial motivation.

To claim to be in the 30s when actually a decade older is cruel, as the marriage would end with one partner dying years before the other.
NayrbBHB

Con

Death? C'mon what if they connect. It is about the connection and sometime you have to 'muddle through' to get find Love :)
Nimbus328

Pro

Being honest in this context is best. Vote Pro.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 4 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"
"
What kind of redblooded heterosexual man would not be pleasantly surprised?
Posted by NayrbBHB 4 years ago
NayrbBHB
How do I vote pro?
Posted by Nimbus328 4 years ago
Nimbus328
I take the Pro position for the topic "Lying about your age on dating sites is wrong"
Posted by NayrbBHB 4 years ago
NayrbBHB
So you are agreeing with me then?
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
NayrbBHBNimbus328Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Not really a debate. Regardless, I agree with PRO. Lying is bad.