MCDCBC
MilitantAtheist

MCDCBC will win this debate

MCDCBC

MCDCBC

Con

I am going to try and prove that I will not win this debate my opponent must attempt to prove I will win this debate.
MilitantAtheist

Pro

I've been doing a lot of serious debates, time to step it down.

The resolution my opponent brings if that I need to prove you will win this debate. This is an impossible resolution because it is illogical. In order for him to win the debate, he must lose! According to the second law of logic, something cannot be true and not true in the same sense. If someone walks up to you and says that he is lying, is he telling the truth?

That is another example of an illogical question. Just like this resolution. When we look at this debate, I should win because my opponent has asked me to debate illogically--which is impossible.

Therefore, in order to prove that my opponent will win this debate, you need to vote pro.

MCDCBC

Con

"That is another example of an illogical question. Just like this resolution. When we look at this debate, I should win because my opponent has asked me to debate illogically--which is impossible."

My opponent thinks that arguing an illogical argument illogically is impossible. In reality it is much easier then arguing an illogical argument logically. It is illogical to argue an illogical argument logically.

"Therefore, in order to prove that my opponent will win this debate, you need to vote pro."

But to win this debate i would have to get more points according to the rules of DDO, so you need to vote con.
MilitantAtheist

Pro

The resolution is that con will not win this debate. Therefore, if con gets the most votes, she won the debate...which really means she lost.

It only makes logical sense to vote pro. However, I'd like to see why con doesn't think she could win this debate.

Vote pro!
MCDCBC

Con

'The resolution is that con will not win this debate. Therefore, if con gets the most votes, she won the debate...which really means she lost."

Yes and sense I am arguing that I will lose I will have actually one

"I'd like to see why con doesn't think she could win this debate."

I don't think I can win this debate because I have not yet one a debate due to the fact that I constantly get off topic.
MilitantAtheist

Pro

"I don't think I can win this debate because I have not yet one a debate due to the fact that I constantly get off topic."

First time for everything! Also, you do get off topic, but I do not see that in this debate. I have not one a debate should be won not one....so at lease vote pro on spelling and grammar.

If my opponent does get more points than me, thus winning the debate by the DDO rules, then she has lost the debate because the outcome contradicts her opening resolution. As stated before, t is only logical to vote pro. She affirms she will not win, therefore vote pro!

I affirm she will win this debate because the resolution makes it clear who will win. By her stating she won't win, she will win this debate if you vote pro.

Thus, it is only logical to vet pro.
MCDCBC

Con

"I have not one a debate should be won not one....so at lease vote pro on spelling and grammar."

I would agree with you about this except you put "Thus, it is only logical to vet pro." it should be vote.

"I affirm she will win this debate because the resolution makes it clear who will win. By her stating she won't win, she will win this debate if you vote pro."

But if I lose the debate meaning I win the debate then I will have actually lost the debate because I will have won.
MilitantAtheist

Pro

Lol. I see, we now have a tied s/g

Huh? Let's see how unlogical this entire debate is.

Resolution: I will not win this debate
BOP: Relies on me to show that she will win this debate, and she needs to show that she will lose this debate.

According to the rules of DDO, a person wins by getting the most votes.(1)

Now, if I win this debate, I have proved that my opponent will win this debate. Why? Because the contention here is that if I win, her resolution comes true that she will not win this debate. Thus it is a tie from both sides.

I find it unlogical that she would request for votes. She's arguing that she is going to lose, so, how can she possibly ask for votes?

Turn it back to con.

1. http://www.debate.org...;
MCDCBC

Con

"I find it unlogical that she would request for votes. She's arguing that she is going to lose, so, how can she possibly ask for votes?"

To answer your question according to DDO rules to lose I have to get less votes but sense I am arguing that I will lose this debate getting less votes would mean I would win. So I would be both winning and losing at the same time, even if I get more votes and win by DDO rules I will have lost this debate and won it at the same time.

"Huh? Let's see how unlogical this entire debate is."

Just so you are aware unlogical is not a word. The correct word would be illogical. To answer your question sense this entire debate is based off of an illogical statement then of course the resulting debate would be illogical.
MilitantAtheist

Pro

I thank my opponent for engaging in this hilareous debate.

I am very well aware of the DDO rules. In order for you to fulfill the resolution taht MCDCBC will not win this debate, you all need to vote pro.

I am arguing that MCDCBC will win this debate. Therefore, if I get more points than she does, I will have won the debate in accordance to the DDO rules along with fulfilling my resolution that she will win this debate.

If she looses this debate, she really won this debate. Therefore, it is only logical to vote pro!

I am well aware that unlogical is not a word. I used it to show how illogical this debate is. I used it as a pun, nonetheless.

I also find it quite funny that she never refuted any of my rebuttals to her argument. Also, that she wants members to vote con. That is a contradiction! She is assirting that she will lose this debate, yet wants people to vote for her.

Vote pro! It's the only logical person you can vote for!

Thank you for reading.
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
kohai/militant atheist, do not vote for yourself...
Posted by MCDCBC 5 years ago
MCDCBC
very poor spelling and grammar but at least I stayed on topic for once
Posted by MilitantAtheist 5 years ago
MilitantAtheist
I only used one source, the DDO source. Furthermore, I have had good conduct, and so has my opponent.

We both had poor spelling and grammar.
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
If Pro used poor sources, poor conduct, and poor spelling, he could win the arguments, since Con would still be able to win 4 - 3.
Posted by MilitantAtheist 5 years ago
MilitantAtheist
Thaddeus still has a good point.
Posted by MilitantAtheist 5 years ago
MilitantAtheist
Thaddeus still has a good point.
Posted by Thaddeus 5 years ago
Thaddeus
The voters have to mantain a draw.
Posted by MCDCBC 5 years ago
MCDCBC
Theoreticaly even if you lose you still win and the same goes for me so no matter what you win and lose.
Posted by MilitantAtheist 5 years ago
MilitantAtheist
Ah—lol. Anyway, I still, theoretically can win.
Posted by the1000things 5 years ago
the1000things
If you forfeit every round, I'd find it hard to convince myself that MCDCBC lost since he would be the only one doing anything. Thus, the points would actually go to you - you enable MCDCBC to win by not saying anything, and since he wins hypothetically, you (pro) win.
Vote Placed by randolph7 5 years ago
randolph7
MCDCBCMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has obviously won this one.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
MCDCBCMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con showed why it would be illogical for voters to logically vote for Pro...This was a rather entertaining debate, so I thank Con for creating it.
Vote Placed by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
MCDCBCMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter-counter
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
MCDCBCMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter
Vote Placed by joshizinfamous 5 years ago
joshizinfamous
MCDCBCMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: He won the debate. Simple