geenaluvkuromi
Pfalcon1318

MIstake is the mother of all success

Pfalcon1318

geenaluvkuromi

Pro

Mistake is the mother of all success (Pro)
Developing confidence is an important part of learning a language. I am a firm believer that mistakes are an important part of any learning cycle. As Henry Ford famously said: "I don't make mistakes, I learn too much from them". The next stage is to recognize the self-discovery process of one's mistakes. Sophia Lorean, a famous Italian and American actress once wittingly told a bunch of reporters that, "After all these years, I am still involved in the process of self-discovery. It's better to explore and make mistakes than to play it safe." it is important to take linguistic risks and it is equally as important to make a mental note and try to examine what went wrong. This process may be tiresome at first because you may not know were to begin. Even if you did not recognize the cause of your mistake, it is always a good idea to try and investigate the cause of your mistakes and how to improve the situation.
Thus, I think that Mistakes are the mother of all success
Pfalcon1318

Con

Since this is a one-round debate, I won't offer any rebuttals out of fairness to my opponent. Unfortunately, it may appear as though I am, as my arguments will address the resolution which PRO desires to affirm.

Common English definitions apply.
So, "Mistake is the mother of all success". The metaphor seems to state that "If you have not made a mistake, you will not succeed in some particular endeavor" or, otherwise stated, "If you succeeded, then, at some point in your endeavor, you have made a mistake". PRO's example seems to confirm my analysis: " I am a firm believer that mistakes are an important part of any learning cycle". While the broad learning cycle known as "life" only ends at birth, there are several such cycles that one experiences. As PRO notes, the struggle to learn a language is one such thing.

However, there are examples where success is reached without mistakes and failure is the result of mistakes. This is primarily found with law enforcement and military.

I shall draw an example for each.

Military
Those who join the military and are sent out on missions are in danger. For whatever reason they are deployed, there is always the possibility that they will not return to base or home. Men, and sometimes women, are sent into fight against enemies and sometimes infiltrate their holds. This is where a mistake can, and sometimes does, lead to failure. If it were true that "Mistakes are the mother of all success", that is that mistakes cause success, then it should not be the case that these men and women are put in danger should, say, Alpha team fail to cut the power to a particular building during an infiltration mission. Even if Alpha team did fail to do so, the mission should be successful, as mistakes are the mother of success. However, in order for infiltrations to be successful, everything must go according to plan. This means that the infiltration will be successful even without a mistake.

Law Enforcement
Similar to the above, police officers are in a precarious position. Hated by some, loved by others, police officers sometimes risk life and limb for the protection of their counties citizens. However, sometimes this means going undercover for what is known as a "sting operation". One area where such things occur is prostitution. A cop, male or female, will pose as a prostitute in order to catch someone suspected of paying for sex. Sadly, should the officer be found out, they could be put in mortal danger. Again, an example of mistakes leading to failure, rather than success.

To Affirm a Resolution
Since PRO offered no explication of the resolution, I think it safe to assume that as a mother is the primary cause of a baby's existence, so too are mistakes the primary cause of success. From what PRO argued above, it seems that we are to believe this is a necessary truth. However, I have shown this to be in contradiction with reality in two areas.

Vote CON.
Posted by Mike_10-4 3 years ago
Mike_10-4
Trial and error, the foundation to the scientific method.
Posted by XSOLDIER 3 years ago
XSOLDIER
Lol,serious. But sometimes mistake is unavoidable. Learning from someone who is successful in that field may help in some part but not all. I don't agree with the title of this debate that mistake is the mother of all success. 'Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage that continue to count'-Winston Churchill.
The main thing is learning from mistakes and not making the same mistake again and again.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
The easiest way to avoid mistakes is to learn from someone who is successful in that field.That is why it is wise for children to listen to their parents. Because they have already been through life you are facing. Suck it up and pay attention.
Posted by XSOLDIER 3 years ago
XSOLDIER
The period of voting is too long.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
I should have said welcome back to the site.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Welcome to the site... Please change your debate to at least two rounds, otherwise someone will snipe you (as you can't respond to anything con says, it's nearly an automatic victory for them if a debate is only a single round).
Posted by XSOLDIER 3 years ago
XSOLDIER
You are Chinese right?geenaluvkuromi
Posted by Truth_seeker 3 years ago
Truth_seeker
wow, you wrote this beautifully
Vote Placed by Tweka 2 years ago
Tweka
geenaluvkuromiPfalcon1318Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has no other round to rebut Con
Vote Placed by DarthKirones 3 years ago
DarthKirones
geenaluvkuromiPfalcon1318Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I wish this was a 5-rounder, this is a very interesting topic. Con wrote a very nice argument, if only there was one more round.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
geenaluvkuromiPfalcon1318Tied
Reasons for voting decision: this was one round and pro could not respond to con...