castingj7
bluesteel

MLK a racist??

bluesteel
Started: 6/3/2012 Category: Economics

castingj7

Pro

MLK is obviosly a racist. He didnt care about anyone else accept for the blacks. I am very offended by his works. I mean no one really cares now, and all they do is bring him up just for defense, when he really doesnt know what hes doing!!
bluesteel

Con

I don't get why you challenged me to this, besides voting against me on the other MLK topic I just did, but here goes.

Just look to MLK's I Have A Dream speech. He wanted inclusiveness. He was NOT an advocate of Black Power, which wanted to elevate blacks above whites.

I Have A Dream speech:

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers." http://www.americanrhetoric.com...
castingj7

Pro

Nice job copying and pasting the WHOLE ENTIRE...I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH.First of all, You were just bashing MLK in the last debate I saw you in..NICE WAY TO SELECTIVELY DEBATE, BRO. I for one am Black and don't understand how you should be putting any input in these topics. 2nd of all you didn't make any statement proving he wasn't a racist. A man can spout out any kind of speech.
bluesteel

Con

1) Chill out.

2) I didn't copy the whole speech. The WHOLE speech is 17 minutes long.

3) It's not my burden to prove he's not racist. You can't prove a negative. This is demanding negative proof. It's your job to prove he WAS racist.

The I Have A Dream speech clearly shows that he wanted racial harmony, not racial discord.

MLK wanted every single person on this Earth to succeed. Here is a famous sermon he gave:

"All I'm saying is simply this, that all life is interrelated, that somehow we're caught in an inescapable network of mutuality tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. For some strange reason, I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality."

4) Your race has no bearing on this topic.

5) The point of debate is to take diverse positions (sometimes arguing for and against the same position). What I argued in a different debate is not relevant here.

I await ANY proof that MLK was a racist.
castingj7

Pro

Number 1, racial berring does matter. You cannot understand the issues if you didn't feel the strife. My father was hardworking and was slandered by white men his whole life. BTW, I said is MLK a racist? So I picked my stance in my statement! Nice, My point was you didn't choose a position, you just copy and pasted stuff
bluesteel

Con

I can't even tell if you're black. You've been using race to troll debates. You accepted RTN's debate, then your only argument was "vote for me because he's black." I somehow doubt you are actually black.

Stop trolling.

Your opening was clearly advocating Pro, that MLK was racist. You've yet to provide any proof of this.

This was a waste. To award anyone who reads this with at least something positive, I'll leave you with Ali G's words (on MLK) from his Harvard graduation speech:

"So, what iz I hopin to take away wiv me from dis time in Harvard? - new friends, different ways of finking about da world, and as many laptops as me mate Dave has managed to nick from your dorms, while u has been sitting ere listening to me stalling.

But I has got ideals too. Just like de great civil rights leader Martin Luther Van Dross, I haz got a dream...of little black girls and little white girls...playin wiv each other. Let's make it happen."
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Doulos1202
I dont even need to vote....that was garbage
Posted by castingj7 4 years ago
castingj7
hes a dimwit
Posted by castingj7 4 years ago
castingj7
Dude im jk, im talking about bluesteel overhere
Posted by RTN1994 4 years ago
RTN1994
Dude seriously?
Posted by RTN1994 4 years ago
RTN1994
Dude STOP sending me messages. I was trying to have a good debate on my religion one because it is something I am most passionate about. Don't vote for me if you are just going to be disrespectful!
Vote Placed by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: So...... I haerd you liek teh mudkipz.
Vote Placed by CalvinAndHobbes 4 years ago
CalvinAndHobbes
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: See Comments
Vote Placed by TheOrator 4 years ago
TheOrator
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is the first time I've actually been able to give all seven points for someone. Bluesteel had the better conduct for not playing the race card, his spelling/grammar was better, he made the best arguments, and he actually sourced stuff. So, all seven to pro!
Vote Placed by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's spelling was bad. Pro's conduct was bad. He challenged Con to a debate, and then attacked him for expressing an opinion? Weird and unfair. Pro had the burden of proof, but refused, round after round, to make an argument.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a votebomb. Con wins.
Vote Placed by RTN1994 4 years ago
RTN1994
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro makes no sense, he trolls and he has given me a bad name. Please Debate community DO NOT associate me with him!
Vote Placed by Viper-King 4 years ago
Viper-King
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: VTL BS
Vote Placed by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro attacks Con's arguments and does not engage in the discussion. S
Vote Placed by Xerge 4 years ago
Xerge
castingj7bluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not even attempt to address Con's case, which was stronger, throughout the debate. If casting is arguing for the pro side, he is arguing for the resolution which his round one indicated. Conduct to Con for behavior.