9spaceking
CheeseFries

MLP:FiM is the best show ever

CheeseFries

9spaceking

Pro

I think My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic is the best show ever because it contains all genres of fiction, really catchy songs, and lots of awesome lessons. You will have to present reasons that another show is better than MLP:FiM.
This is reposted because of the unfairness of the voter..."I am against the MLP primarily because i know a few people who watch it, and dont rather like how they act."
That's your OWN opinion! This should have been a tie!
Rematch!!
CheeseFries

Con

To go against MLP:FiM, I will present another cartoon- Adventure Time.
I will begin with my opening arguments in Round 2. Good luck!
9spaceking

Pro

Adventure Time. Smart choice.
Just like My Little Pony, Adventure Time is funny and adventurous. However, I think MLP:FiM is a better show than Adventure Time.
However, MLP's one of the few shows that has legitimately good morals that everyone (yes, everyone, not just kids) can benefit from taking to heart without feeling it being cheesy or anything. The animation really shows what Flash can do when used well. The voice acting is of utmost quality and it manages to be a girl's show without being especially girly (in terms of content, of course.)
In addition, MLP's songs are better. Catchy songs are meant to be catchy, sad songs are somber, happy songs are joyful. Some of the greatest songs are "Winter Wrap Up", "Pinkie the Party Planner", "Hearts Strong as Horses", and "The Flim Flam Brothers". All of these song fit to the theme and mood of the story, have a good beat, and are generally very well-liked. Sure, Adventure Time had songs too, but most of them are not nearly as seemingly catchy and visually engaging.
Furthermore, Adventure Time has too much sad stories that add to it. MLP:FiM may have some sad stories, but they eventually come around, and with the addition of the comedy episodes, the full show feels family-friendly.
In contrast, Adventure Time is filled with unsolvable tragedies--The Ice King who sacrificed his sentience in order to save Marceline, ending him up in a world void of romance; Finn, the boy with the unknown past and who almost got love, but Princess Bubblegum is too old for him, and even though he has Flame Princess, their relationship is unsteady. The girl I just mentioned--Flame Princess, has a sad story too: because of her pure evil and uncontrollability, she was locked in a lantern by her own father!!These are only a few examples of the tragic backstories of Adventure Time. MLP:FiM has a view tragic stories too, but they are all solved (with the exception of the Cutie-Mark-Crushaders, whose problems are purposefully kept for humorous purposes).
CheeseFries

Con

Rebuttals:
"Adventure Time had songs too, but most of them are not nearly as seemingly catchy and visually engaging."
Then I advise you to look here. (1)

"Furthermore, Adventure Time has too much sad stories that add to it."
-Why is this an issue? There is no problem with having melancholy storylines within the show. It generates sympathy for the characters and makes the show more human and relatable.

Arguments:
I would like to note that the character variety in Adventure Time is more unique and greater than that of MLP.

This (2) picture contains every character that has been in Adventure Time as of now.
THIS (3) picture contains every character in MLP so far.
As you can see, each character in Adventure Time has a unique and distinguishable design. MLP characters all resemble horses, with only a few characters that could stand out.

SOURCES:
(1)- https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

(2)- http://i57.tinypic.com...

(3)- http://i58.tinypic.com...
9spaceking

Pro

Ah. Very well then. However, you have yet to rebut on the fact that MLP:FiM has heart-warming lessons that appear on almost half of the episodes. Sure, Adventure Time has lessons, but they're not the main focus of the show. The show is strange, a mixture of adventure-action-romance-mystery-ish-comedy, too unsure of itself to stick to any story. However, MLP is solid, a comedy episode is comedy, a mystery episode is mysterious, an action-adventure episode is filled with action and adventure, not some bad mish-mash of everything.
In addition, My Little Pony has more fans. Let me give you a tiny pop quiz.
1. What are Adventure Time fans called?
"Uhh.....Adventure Time fans?"

2. What are MLP fans called?
"Bronies."

3. Audience target for AT and who watches it?
Teenagers; teenagers and adults.

4. Audience target for MLP and who watches it?
teenage girls; everyone, but especiallyadult men. (from http://en.wikipedia.org...)
It might seem ridiculous, but this only strengthens my argument concerning that everyone likes MLP:FiM.

I'll add another great flaw of Adventure Time if you're not convinced.
The characters are just...bad. Sure, the main character, Finn is good, heroic, and does all the good things for everyone, has dreams of getting romance, but Jake, his best friend--is a different story. Because of his (rather overpowered) ability to stretch, he has the habit of laziness. When his ability was removed, he couldn't even walk any more! Plus, Jake is a jerk. One good example is how he "relies heavily on his powers (or Finn) to get him out of any dangerous predicament.", as shown in http://adventuretime.wikia.com.... This might be understandable, but he has the great flaw of being incredibly forgetful, and changing ideas or personality, possibly just for the sake of the randomness of the show! If you want randomness, you've got do "random good", like Regular Show does! In addition, Jake gets unnerved about losing a stupid video game! And he doesn't even learn that "friends are what are important, not games"!
ARGHGHGHGHGG.
On the other hand, the MLP mane six might have flaws, but they learn from them and change as a result.

I'm too annoyed at how bad a character Jake is. I'm so frustrated I can't debate more this round, so make your argument.
CheeseFries

Con

"My Little Pony has more fans. Let me give you a tiny pop quiz. What are Adventure Time fans called? Uhh.....Adventure Time fans? What are MLP fans called? Bronies."
-You are making an assumption that because the show has more fans, it is more popular. Where is your source confirming the number of fans? Since when does the name of the fanbase matter? In addition Adventure Time fans DO have a name; Adventurers. "Bronies" only refer to male fans of the show, but what about the other female fans? Good Lord don't even make me mention the CLOPPERS!

"Audience target for AT and who watches it? Teenagers; teenagers and adults. Audience target for MLP and who watches it?
teenage girls; everyone, but especially adult men. It might seem ridiculous, but this only strengthens my argument concerning that everyone likes MLP:FiM.
-How does it strengthen your arguments? You yet again make a hasty generalization stating that "everyone likes MLP." Adventure Time is popular among children, teenagers, AND adults of both sexes. You state that MLP caters to teenage girls and adult men mostly, but it was INTENDED to be a show for female children! Adventure Time was INTENDED to be unisex and universal, and if you watch it you might catch on some of the mature jokes that were put in to please the older audience, as well as the themes and characters that any gender or age can relate to.

"The characters are just...bad. ...Jake, Finn's best friend--is a different story... Plus, Jake is a jerk... This might be understandable, but he has the great flaw of being incredibly forgetful, and changing ideas or personality, possibly just for the sake of the randomness of the show! I'm too annoyed at how bad a character Jake is. I'm so frustrated I can't debate more this round."
-You say that the characters are bad, yet you immediately contradict yourself by praising Finn. And what about the other characters? All you managed to do was write a paragraph about Jake's flaws. His personality is not for the sake of randomness, but for the sake of humor! Is he so bad that you seriously could not continue your arguments?

9spaceking

Pro

"there are between 7 and 12.4 million people in the United States that would identify themselves as bronies."
http://www.thewire.com...#

"more than 500,000 pieces of Friendship Is Magic artwork were present on deviantArt by June 2012."
http://www.wired.com...

""Everfree Network", a brony media network, compiled more than 4,800 pieces of fan music by over 500 different musicians in late December 2011."
http://www.dailydot.com...

If these don't prove MLP is popular and well liked, what proves this?

Because this is my conclusion and the round of your conclusion as well I do not want to make this too hard for you.
I will simply state that MLP has won lots of awards, such as three British Columbia Leo Awards for Animation, "Best Program", "Best Direction", and "Best Overall Sound".[
http://leoawards.com...
Because of its awards and amount of fans, the lessons (which you have not even mentioned!), and the overall goodness of the show, MLP:FiM is a better show than Adventure Time, and it's also the best show of all time as well.
Vote pro.
CheeseFries

Con

"There are between 7 and 12.4 million people in the United States that would identify themselves as bronies."
-You realize that is a meager 3% of the total United States population? According to Adventure Time's Facebook page, there are over 14 million fans of the show. That totals 4% of the U.S. population. This proves that Adventure Time has a larger fanbase.

"I will simply state that MLP has won lots of awards, such as three British Columbia Leo Awards for Animation, Best Program, "Best Direction, and Best Overall Sound."
- Adventure Time's numerous awards and nominations can be viewed here, and their combined wins/nominations surpass the number from MLP. (1) Considering the fact that both shows have been around for four years, Adventure Time has received considerably more critical acclaim, not only among critics, and not only the United States, but worldwide. It has the best of comedy, drama, mystery, action, fantasy, science fiction, and adventure. With a cast of memorable characters that is ever expanding, Adventure Time caters to every type of fan, and is ultimately the better television show. Saying that My Little Pony is the best TV show of ANY genre is simply a fallacy.

Vote Con, please!

SOURCES:
(1)- http://www.imdb.com...
http://www.imdb.com...
Posted by personpattersun 2 years ago
personpattersun
Agreed with con. Adventure time has a ACTUAL story with ACTUAL plot development. It has ACTUAL story arcs. To quote Stewie from Family guy when he was asking Brian about his book

"Do some friends become enemies? Do some enemies become friends?"

YES this has happened in adventure time. The Ice king started off as the series main villain, but over time you find out that he is not only good (to a certain extent) but is the way he is because of the crown. He pretty much lost his life because of the crown.

The most evil villain to become a "friend" in MLP was Discord and he wasn't all that evil. He just wanted to have his way (which was chaos which isn't evil) that was all. He was more like a spoiled brat before he became "good". The same with nightmare moon. Not evil at all just twisted and angry that her sister go more attention than her. Did she want to harm or destroy her world? nope just want attention.
Posted by JasonMartin-327 2 years ago
JasonMartin-327
Oh man, I really wish I could vote. But I can say one thing. Sometimes there are things that require something much bigger and more than just factual proof and all that bland stuff. I believe that most things like this require a true heart and actual opinion on what defines the true person. You know what I'm trying to say, right?
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
9spacekingCheeseFriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was Pro's job to prove the MLP:FiM is the best show ever and Pro failed to meet BoP, and actually couldn't even prove it was better than Adventure Time with subjective argument. Example: "I think MLP:FiM is a better show than Adventure Time. "