Mac is better than PC

Started: 11/15/2011 Category: Technology

This first round is a agreement round.
We will be agreeing that any computer of those criteria will be fair game.
Anything else you want put in your first round

I agree that all computers meeting the criteria described in the passage above will be fair game. There is nothing else I have to add.

Thank you for agreeing.
My first statement is that Mac's do not get viruses. This is due to the fact that they are better protected they do not catch these harmful viruses. There is also not enough computers for it to spread from one to another. These result in less money being spent onrepairs which also makes it comparable to the PC on the price scale.
Looking forward to your rebutal.

First, to rebut your statement, i quote from "Case in point: last month, a couple of hackers were able to crack a fully patched MacBook in a few seconds, requiring nothing more than clicking on a link using the built-in Safari web browser. If Mac users are conditioned into thinking that they don't need to worry about security, these types of attacks could escalate in the future." And, "That's exactly right: no operating system is immune to viruses, worms, trojans, or even spyware." This proves that no computer or computer-like device is immune to viruses.

My first statement is that Macs are too confusing with all their programming software and shortcuts. I can't run a Mac even if i wanted to. PC's are less confusing. They have easy shortcuts, and they are a lot easier to program and install to a computer. Even my Grandma owns a PC! But she HATES Macs. I doubt she would ever use one in her life.

I look forward to your response to my statement, and your rubuttal!

Yes, computers are mechanical, this means they can fail. Mac's are no exeption. Although you may like to know that 32 % of PC's have a virus. That was a shocking number! That does not include the number that will get virus in there life time.

Compare that to the 8% of macs that have virus. thats 4x less than the PC. Thats alot.

looking foward to your rebutal!

I agree. Mac's get less percentage PER COMPUTER!!!On Average, a PC gets 1 Virus during it's lifetime, but macs, however, usually get 2 or 3, even up to 5 in their lifetime! Now, I think THAT is shocking!
the preceeding reasons is why i say that PC's are better than Mac's.
Posted by synchr0 4 years ago
I personally think that this wasn't debated that well, anyhow. I don't really have much against Mac I just think it's pretty much useless.. They have great designs and stuff like that, and I'm not saying that I'm for PC either, I am a Linux man myself. But I am just saying, the gaming aspect of the PC is what makes it greater than mac. That's the only thing I find useful in windows, is the gaming aspect. Other than that I am into open source and freedom, Linux is my cup of tea.
Posted by Mr.VicePresident 4 years ago
They are short, because only 1,000 characters were aloud.
Posted by Seine 4 years ago
people. why are your arguements so short? f i were you, I'd be saying something like "90 percent of people by PCs instead of macs, or macs have betterquality proucts.
Posted by gryphion 4 years ago
Good arguments by pro.
Vote Placed by phantom 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pc's are probably less confusing to con because he's used to them. Con and pro both brought up contradictory stats about viruses but neither of them back them up.
Vote Placed by Greyparrot 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Where are the arguements??? I see one shaky arguement regarding viruses with weird proof and no cited sources...docking one point from Pro for misuse of the word 'there' in round 3.