eltigrey
sigerz

Mac is better than Pc (See First Round)

eltigrey
Started: 10/1/2011 Category: Technology

eltigrey

Pro

Beginner Debate Only
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Debate
Round 3: Defend/Attack
Round 4: Conclude
1 round forfeited, Points to Pro/Con2 rounds forfeited, Match to Pro/Con

Topic: A Mac is a better computer for a calm lifestyle, while pc is not
sigerz

Con

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Mac is expensive while you can get a Pc can be cheap. So if you want to be calm about your financial status GET a pc
(which makes you calmer) if you have allot of money and want to "think" that your "calm" because you wanna look cool.
A pc is much more pratcal to use for work related things such as programing or just office work, whilst a mac is good for editing but a pc can do that just as well.
if you want to be calm and relaxed and dont get worried about you finance get a pc not a Mac their expensive and arent pratical.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------vote Con
eltigrey

Pro

Seeing that my opponent did not read the rules, clearly stating that round 1 was acceptance, I hope the voters will recognize this and penalize the con for it. I guess we will just play the rest of this debate by ear.

P1: Macs are impenetrable by Virus's

When you own a PC, you constantly have to be downloading virus-protection software, and running weekly virus sweeps that can take up to hours. This is less "calming" then having to worry about no virus's at all. If you have a "calm" lifestyle and you need not worry about going to any websites that could potentially harm your Mac, then maybe that can lead to a "calmer lifestyle."

P2: Macs last longer

All Mac's (At this time) consist of an Aluminum casing. This aluminum is much more durable than a PC's plastic casing. PC's also consist of moving parts, like fans and disc drives, which can easily break, and are hard to replace unlike Macbook's who do not consist of any moving parts at all.

P3: Anything Windows Can do Macs Can do

Macs are combat able to run windows (using a software call boot camp) so if there anything any "better" on a windows computer, Mac's can still run it on.....well.....a Mac. Can windows do the same, I don't think so.

P4: Programs

Any Mac you buy comes with the following programs
Mail
Contacts
Calendar
Mac app store
FaceTime
iPhoto
iMovie
Gargeband
iTunes

Unlike PC's who don't come with any of these programs, or any programs at all for that matter except for Internet explorer, and quicktime player (and a few other useless one's)

Lets counter shall we

1. "(Con) A Mac is expensive while you can get a Pc can be cheap"

Why do you think PC's are cheap, the PC's quality lacks the quality of a Mac. PC's are plastic, Mac's are aluminum. making it more durable.

2. "(Con) A pc is much more practical to use for work related things such as programming or just office work"

Mac's can run anything a windows can, plus the things it can already run on a Mac. The amount of virus-free, and miscellaneous software you need to constantly run on your PC can cause a harmful working environment. Running these programs might get in your way of an important paper you need to right soon. If you had a Mac you wouldn't have to worry about any of these. Less worry, less stress, more calmer (lol)

3. "(Con) whilst a Mac is good for editing but a pc can do that just as well."

I'm not really sure what whilst means, but I'm going to assume it means while. PC's consist of the worst editing software I have ever used. I do a lot of filming and editing, and let me say that "windows editor" or what ever its called compared to iMovie is like comparing Bob the builder to Chuck Norris (or whatever terrible to great comparison) But let me say this is half an opinion, so it does fully counter this statement.

4. "(Con) if you want to be calm and relaxed and don't get worried about you finance get a pc not a Mac their expensive and aren't practical"

Hold on let me just copy and paste my entire debate to this part, Could you possibly tell me why they aren't practical. Thanks

Good luck in the next round

sigerz

Con

sigerz forfeited this round.
eltigrey

Pro

Points to the pro, because con forfeited. If con continues and forfeits one more time, match goes to pro.
sigerz

Con

sigerz forfeited this round.
eltigrey

Pro

Con forfeits, Vote Pro
sigerz

Con

sigerz forfeited this round.
Posted by eltigrey 5 years ago
eltigrey
But since a lot of people want to do it, I',m unlocking it right now
Posted by eltigrey 5 years ago
eltigrey
This is a begginer debate, for begginers, so the age limit is 14-17, sorry for all the people that want to debate
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
You cannot accept this challenge because you do not match the Instigator's age and/or rank criteria.
Posted by EbungaNyams 5 years ago
EbungaNyams
A, i would like a muff though
Posted by eltigrey 5 years ago
eltigrey
Read before debating: This debate that Macs are better as lifestyle computers, meaning that Macs aren't big programming computers, and that they are better if you job is not computer related to computers (programmer, engineer)
Posted by eltigrey 5 years ago
eltigrey
3 days beetween each round, also changing age limits from 14-16 year olds
Posted by tvellalott 5 years ago
tvellalott
I can't accept. :'(
Posted by Fjkhsaflkja 5 years ago
Fjkhsaflkja
How much time between rounds?
Posted by eltigrey 5 years ago
eltigrey
Never mind first comment, fixed the problem
Posted by eltigrey 5 years ago
eltigrey
Ugh, Messed up on the voting period first to 20 votes claims victory, really sorry
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
eltigreysigerzTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering Max_P votebomb
Vote Placed by max_p_robertson 5 years ago
max_p_robertson
eltigreysigerzTied
Reasons for voting decision: isint it obvious
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
eltigreysigerzTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Pro presented arguments.