Jayredthegreat
ajaxusa

Mac os x is better the all windows operating system

Started: 10/3/2012 Category: Technology

Jayredthegreat

Pro

Mac os x is better the Windows in many ways
ajaxusa

Con

First of all, this is very much a topic of preference, therefore both of our arguments will be influenced by what we use on our own.
once we have got that out there, it is very easy to back up that a pc is not only of equal or greater quality for a lower price, but because of the restricting OS used on Macintosh computers, Pc's have a range of not only hardware options but software options increases the customization of the computer not only with the ability to upgrade parts instead of buying an entirely new computer which is not only a financial bonus but a user friendlyness simply not met by Macintosh computers.

That brings me to the financial side of this argument. here are two compters. one is a mac, and one is a pc. i will admit these are only three specs, but these are the main ways to judge the performance of a desktop computer.

Mac Mini: 2GB of ram, 500gb on the hard drive, i5 proccessor.

HP pavilion desktop: 8gb of ram, 1 TB of hard drive space, and a AMD Quad-Core A6-3650 Accelerated Processor.

now here is the shocking thing. the hp has essentially double the performance in all three of these categories, if not more, but costs $130.00 cheaper than the mac mini, which if you look at the stats, lives up to its name extremely well.
Jayredthegreat

Pro

Ok first of all when you say this is all preference you obviously favor PCs. Now if I am right I stated in my argument was about quality and not price. One I can go on and on about how Mac gives you the best experience for any computer out there. One thing is that Mac has a reliable sleep mode. When you put a computer into sleep mode you want in in a mode of loosing no power at all but still being able to resume what your doing in a simple process. Windows has always had this problem that sleep mode is just not effective. When you put a windows into sleep mode it does not do what it needs to do. It ends up staying on 24/7 chewing up your battery so when you go on its battery is already dead. In Fact most people end up doing a full shutdown on there computer so there is not battery drain at all! Now this makes it so they cant do a quick resume. So they have to hold the power button and wait and log on instead of using a Mac and just going straight back on.

Back to a complete shutdown you have to reboot. A Mac book pro current Gen can start up in just 25 seconds, unlike a PC which can take longer then a minute. I don't know about you but if I want to use my computer and its turned off I want it to turn on faster then a blink of an eye. So these two components are big factors when you want to know which operating system give you best quality.
ajaxusa

Con

the power aspect of sleep mode is first of all not relevant if we are discussing desktop computers, but if we are transferring to not only laptops but quality of OS, you have to ask yourself if having a better sleep mode along with a few other semi-helpful small features like sleep is worth paying the extra one to two hundred dollars for. i personally use windows 7 on my laptop, and the sleep mode resumes my use in much less than a minute. in fact, i just put my laptop (pc) along with my brothers laptop (mac) to sleep, and opened them back up at the same time, and they both resumed at 5 seconds, a virtually identical time. i believe what the 1 minute claim is referring to is the start up time, which is still untrue. for my laptop, it takes me 22 seconds for me to go from complete shut down to the log in page. but having a better sleep mode, even if not by much, is not something i think anyone has based a purchase of a computer on. i think the three rating that i mentioned in the first round are much more relevant, considering you will be using those constantly and not just when you are resuming use of the laptop. also, the same financial stats apply to laptops, with pc's being cheaper to buy, but still having superior performance.
Jayredthegreat

Pro

Ok I really like how you say that its not a relevant topic when most of the complaints come from that. When were talking about the operating system every little thing counts. That's almost like saying that there are 50 people voting and only 10 of them have an impact. Like that's just stupid when you look at it.

When you want a good operating system you want the complete package. When you first get a Mac you can see that it is much cleaner then a PC. All of the extra files for developer and stuff is not in your face which means you are stuck with all of these files that are not even in our language. I actually have a PC and I can tell you that is one of the biggest cons for PC's. When you are on a PC in your documents there are so many layers that just are not necessary. When you finding documents on a Mac all you do is open finder and its right there. You don't have to worry about losing files and you don't have to search through all of those pointless folders on a PC.

Another thing is people want the ability to do everything that a computer can do. Mac comes with more simple and revolutionary programs built in for you. Unlike Mac, PC has stupid applications that don't even work effectively. For example notepad on a PC compared to notes on OSX 10.8. Notepad on a PC was not developed well and you can ask many people that and they will give you the same exact answer. Notepad is almost like a slow, stupid version of Microsoft Word. All it is is like a minimized note taker that you still have to save in whatever folder you want to. So the problem about this is that if you want multiple notes you would have to be saving documents constantly. Notes for the Mac is clean simple and it's just awesome. Believe it or not apple has made their own cloud storage called iCloud. For notes you never have to save them in a folder because it is all stored just on the application. You should probably look it up on youtube and see because it smokes notepad. Why would I need to look everywhere in my documents just for some simple notes. And how awesome would it be to be able to store in a invisible hard drive and access it on your phone and other computers. Well what do you know! Mac has already made that possible! I think that Mac has a huge advantage over windows. It comes fully ready and there's nothing bad about it. I think that Windows has a many years before they catch up with Mac. But personally I think that will never happen because Apple is so much more advanced.
ajaxusa

Con

for this third stage there are so many points that are not relevant, that im gonna take the ones hat make sense and prove them wrong one by one
1 in all of my debates i have been in on this subject i have never had anyone say that macs are better because of the sleep mode, even though you say, "this is where all the complaints come form"

2 all though every detail counts, i will use your example to prove my point. in this case, the tech specs that i mentioned would be like a candidate getting California, Texas, and new york, the three largest electoral vote states worth 120 combined. the sleep mode would be like winning Rhode island worth around 3 votes. the amount of impact the two features have on the computer are utterly incomparable, and frankly shows how little you can think of to support your argument if you are using something as silly and non influential as the sleep mode. (if you don"t know what i mean by electoral college, Google it)

3 i agree with the fact that people want to be able to use a computer to its full potential, which is why that supports PC's so well. the whole idea behind increased power and performance along with the fact that windows (along with Linux, also primarily used on PC'S) is the most popular open-source OS makes it the definition of using a computer to its full potential, which you apparantly think is an extremely important part of a computer, with which i agree.

4 And only when i thought your arguments could only get more irrelevant, you bring up notepad, which is not intented for anything more than notes (hence the name) and basic html coding. its the same on mac, and its honestly astonishing that you are even attempting to make it a valid point.

5 your point about the orientation of the hDD structure is purely influenced by how organized you keep your folders, and has nothing to do with OS. i kepp mine in a extremely simple structure that lets me find everything by either A. having the attention span to actually spend 10 seconds following the folder structure or B. using search to find it virtually instantly

6 Also your cloud argument is bull. not only is icloud nonfunctional, but everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows that PC's invented it first. the fact that you say that apple is the leading force behind innovation is false. everything from the cloud, to tablet computing, to portable mp3 music was first released by microsoft or other pc companies, and then a couple years later, apple just put some stainless steel on it and put an i at the beginning of its name.

so in conclusion, not only do pc offer a less expensive product, but simultaneously give higher performance, with innovative ideas earlier. also with the open source OS, it enables the user to use his/her pc however he/she wants to.

buy a computer, not a brand.
Posted by Darman12 4 years ago
Darman12
Haha, I like Oldfrith's comment...so true. A better topic would be Mac is better than PC...then they could have debated hardware and software but still stayed on topic.
Posted by ajaxusa 4 years ago
ajaxusa
i said in the first round that os is mostly about prefrence and what you are using the comp for
Posted by ajaxusa 4 years ago
ajaxusa
Posted by Oldfrith 4 years ago
Oldfrith
Ughh... ajax... THIS IS ABOUT THE OS!! NOT THE HARDWARE!

actually, that goes to both of you.