PonticGreekMacedonian
MLGProtato

Macedon was a Greek Kingdom

PonticGreekMacedonian

PonticGreekMacedonian

Pro

This is a debate in which my opponent will disagree to Macedon being a Greek Kingdom as I am Pro and I support this. Good luck to the Opponent, they're going to need it!
MLGProtato

Con

Greetings, gotta say, this is quite a hard topic, I may not win, but I will try.

Good luck! "Aut vincere aut mori."
PonticGreekMacedonian

Pro

Welcome to the debate, I wish you good luck!
Okay now let's get into the subject. Now we all know that Greece and FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) are arguing about the history of Macedonia. Now with Greece's views, it has been known that the Ancient Kingdom of Macedon was clearly a Greek Kingdom due to Hellenic style of the Kingdom, the Ancient Macedonians also spoke a Greek dialect known as Attic Greek! It has also been discovered that the Ancient Macedonians originated from the southern part of Greece close to Sparta and they considered themselves as descendants of Hercules (who was a Greek God). The mother of Alexander the Great was in a belief that her son was the direct son of Zeus and not Phillip II.

Now the views of the people of FYROM. They claim that Macedon was a separate Kingdom and the Ancient Macedonians conquered the Greeks and the rest of the world when it was only confirmed that Alexander the Great and his Macedonian army conquered the Persians and the Indians. They start covering up their lies, claiming that Greece committed an unknown genocide and did an ethnic cleansing of the "Macedonians". They even used false pictures to confirm this. Let me explain an example, they used a picture supposedly showing 2 dead "Macedonians" surrounded by angry Greeks, but then thanks to some smart Greeks, they analysed the photo and zoomed it out and saw a Greek sign confirming that the bodies were actually 2 dead Greek communist supporters who both died during a riot in Athens, Greece.
MLGProtato

Con

MLGProtato forfeited this round.
PonticGreekMacedonian

Pro

Ok you have forfeited that round but let me add that the people of FYROM have been known to steal other sources and make it look like their own so that's evidence that they are obviously trying to falsify history!
MLGProtato

Con

MLGProtato forfeited this round.
Posted by PonticGreekMacedonian 1 year ago
PonticGreekMacedonian
I am talking about Ancient Macedon but this also resolves around the name and history of Macedonia which is the conflict between the region of Macedonia in Greece and the country FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)!
Posted by jubjub2398 1 year ago
jubjub2398
Are we talking modern day Macedonia? Or Ancient Macedon?
Vote Placed by random_noob 1 year ago
random_noob
PonticGreekMacedonianMLGProtatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con said he would try, but he didn't.