ulpan.bauyrzhan
2Pac

Made in China: good or bad?

ulpan.bauyrzhan

ulpan.bauyrzhan

Pro

I am for that made in China is good. First I would like to tell about assortment. Things which produce in China can request different products which human"s mind could think of, for example from little rubber to unique high-speed trains. People could find everything that they need products of China. And there is one stereotype that Chinese people just make copies and do not create anything new. But China is motherland of some the most significant inventions of human civilization. There are the four great inventions which created in ancient China: paper, the compass, gunpowder and printing.
2Pac

Con

First off before all else, I would like to assert the definitions and terms that are appropriate for this debate in order to guide this debate:

[1]Good: Profit or advantage; worth; benefit

[2]Bad: Inadequate or below standard

With these terms in mind, I shall split my rebuttals into seperate groups, each to help organize this debate:

1.0: My opponent states that the greatest inventions in China are: paper, compass, gunpowder and printing. Per the definitions which I incorporated in order to serve as a guide, each of the inventions which my opponent has stated must be more advantageous than other inventions. [3]The ancient method of printing was invented by China which was known as wood-block printing; [4]the earliest and simplest forms of printing created through the use of textile printing.
[3]The modern day printing device is based off of the printing press, a device concieved by Johannes Gutenberg in Europe. The printing press was in many ways more superior and advantageous than the outdated wood-blocks. Its metal typed pieces were far more sturdier and being of a movable type form of printing, it was far more quicker than wood-block printing. This means that the printing press meets 2 important criterias in this debate: 1) The Printing Press holds a high advantage when compared to the traditional form of wood-block printing. 2) Wood-block printing is below standard when compared to the Printing Press. Thus per terms of this debate, wood-block printing was invented by China but is of lower quality than the printing press and therefore by definition is less advantageous.

2.0: For this section I would like my opponent to elaborate on how turning a small amount of rubber in a train is within the scope of this debate and as to how it ties in with my opponents argument that being made in China is a good thing. Open for farther discussion once my opponent explains his statement.

Conclusion:

I presented the terms and definitions into this debate because the terms "good and bad" can mean many things that hold few relations to one another. In argument 1.0, I stated as to how wood-block printing did not meet any of the definitions that I asserted earlier in the debate and in argument 2.0 I request that my opponent elaborate more on his point. Further more in general I request that my opponent explain more though-roughly his argument because it seems vague and looks like a set of unexplained statements laced together into an argument.

Citations:

[1]http://dictionary.reference.com...

[2]http://dictionary.reference.com...

[3]http://en.wikipedia.org...

[4]http://en.wikipedia.org...

ulpan.bauyrzhan

Pro

I would like to add that made in china is good with quality just it depends on finance. Yes, may be it was not good in the past but at this moment people can choose the quality of goods which was made in China. It depends on people,especially on people's social class. For example if one person from high class or has much money which gives chance to choose goods with high quality. In addition, if person has not much money he/she can choose goods for their average of money. From this point I would like to say that Made in china gives people availability which could save the world from deficit. Also there is a stereotype that China products are cheap only because the quality is low. But actually it is not true, because there is another true evidence why they are not expensive. First, it is a cheap labor-the population of China is about 6,5 billion of people, therefore workplaces are high valued and people are ready to work for a low salary. Second, cheap raw resources-China has a well developed process industry, therefore they are buying unsuitable materials from some countries, process them and use in new products. Third lease of premises and favorable taxes, and finally enormous edition-the more products the cheaper price. So low price does not always mean low quality.
2Pac

Con

I thank my opponent for elaborating in his response. However, I will address the issue that my opponent has not responded to my argument which I stated in round 1 so by default he concedes until he refutes them.

[1]The work-places of China, namely the Sweatshops provide low salary to the workers along with extremely poor working conditions. Suicide nets have been installed as a result of over-worked and stressed employees leaping to their deaths.[2]The workers are also denied social security rights. They are denied the freedom of association to form trade unions and non-government labor organizations.

"In addition the level of occupational disease and injuries is alarmingly high. In 2009 alone, approximately one million workers were injured at work and about 20,000 suffered from diseases due to their occupation. One of the biggest risks to the health of textile workers is sandblasting, a technique used to treat denim so that the fabric has a worn look. Sandblasting exposes workers to silica dust particles which severely damage their respiratory passages causing silicosis, a serious disease which, if left untreated, eventually leads to death. Although sandblasting was banned in the EC in 1966, it continues to be practised in China despite the serious health hazards it poses. Corporations are able to avoid accountability for occupational diseases like silicosis by exploiting legal loopholes. Moreover, the official state trade union has failed to take action on behalf of workers who fall ill and corporations are rarely compelled to pay sickness compensation."

Clearly Chinese working conditions are poor. As per the rest of my opponents argument, I will go on to rebute them in the 3rd round.

Citations:

[1]http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
[2]http://www.waronwant.org...

ulpan.bauyrzhan

Pro

Sorry for my late answer but I disagree with your argument that you mentioned in 1 round. First of all, If China did not invent simple form of printing there would not be other printing machines. Secondly, I disagree with your answer in 2 round because our theme is made in china good or bad and it should be about goods and there is no talking about operating conditions. But it also new theme for debate in that case I would agree with your argument.
2Pac

Con

Thank you for this debate, as for now I will concede for I was ill-prepared for this debate. Vote Pro.

Posted by Like_a_Boss 4 years ago
Like_a_Boss
nice copy paste
Posted by Rayze 4 years ago
Rayze
Looks one-sided from here.
Vote Placed by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
ulpan.bauyrzhan2PacTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.
Vote Placed by socialpinko 4 years ago
socialpinko
ulpan.bauyrzhan2PacTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Con. Also interesting to note, Tupac is apparently still alive.