Madonna should be replaced as the queen of pop

Started: 11/10/2013 Category: Music

I for sure know, what I am talking about here.
I really look forward to discuss this topic with anyone.
First round is acceptance. LET'S GO :)

Seeing as my opponent thinks Madonna is the queen of pop i will first disprove her of such claim.
Just to clear things up I generally do not like Pop at all but i know some things about it Etc.

Madonna was never the queen of pop, even in her day.
Madonna is now 55 years of age, well after her prime in her career. But in her day i believe the Jackson 5 were the big thing. They were the big pop band and after that of course Michael Jackson. Therefor Madonna was never the queen of Pop, but more a really good Pop artist.

Now days, I recall Lady Gaga being the queen of pop, by numerous radio stations. Not to mention, Lady Gaga still releases platinum albums and goes on numerous tours. Therefore the true queen of Pop is Lady Gaga. But many people may disagree with this, but people also disagreed that Michael Jackson was the king of Pop and Elvis was not that good etc.

I feel odd taking this debate but yea... next round come at me.

First of all, I love you because of the Lady Gaga thing.
Like, really. It's funny that I'm taking this debate with someone who thinks the same as I do. And even I would vote you in this debate, if it was called differently, such as: Lady Gaga should be the queen of pop. Because I agree with you 100%. Lady Gaga is my favorite artist and I valorise her deeply because of her work.

But the title Queen of pop, was given to Madonna.
It is not just my opinion, but it is global. Otherwise !! I don't even like her. !!

A title like the queen of pop is earned, it is not someone's subjective opinion. If I don't like for example Michael Jackson (which I 1oo% love), I CAN NOT(!) say, he isn't the King of pop. Because, well, he is.

Madonna has sold more than 300 million records worldwide and is recognized as the best-selling female recording artist of all time by Guinness World Records. Time included her in its list of the "25 Most Powerful Women of the Past Century" due to her major influence in contemporary music. Madonna is the best-selling female rock artist of the 20th century and the second best selling female artist in the United States, with 64.5 million certified albums. Considered by Forbes and other publications as a cultural icon, she is often referred by the international press as the "Queen of Pop".

Here are some articles (but it really bothers me that I have to debate with someone, who doesn't even know that the title is global, and I did not made it up. Madonna is, sadly named the Queen of pop).

Just so as you know it is global, not just my opinion.

And even though I don't like her, she's a role model to a lot of pop-stars, even to Lady Gaga.
Pop wouldn't be pop without Madonna's starts. She came out with something no female singer came out before, and that's erotic lyrics and provocative songs, which she has done in her early years.

Now, to the debate I was going to argue about, but you accepted my debate and started talking about something else.

I think Madonna should be replaced because she hasn't done nothing innovative in more than 5 years, there are a lot better artists than she IS and WAS, she's gone totally and completely commercial by doing shitty songs with Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj and so on. She hasn't won and award since 2009, and one in 2012, but not on her own.

Oh... I seem to have misread the title, I thought you were defending that Madonna should still be the queen of pop, not that she should be replaced. That's my bad. As I have directly misread the title, and totally agree with you 100% I will forfeit this debate, your win :)

... Everyone, that's been the second time that it's happened to me.
Next time, please read the title twice, and you have the comment section for questions first, if there is
something you do not understand. I don't think people will be voting, so okay. Maybe next time.

Greetings, Mrs. Artpop

just clearing the notification
Sorry for the mix up
Posted by Artpop 2 years ago
Yes, well, she was. Well, sadly, she is.
Posted by chengste 2 years ago
she was never the queen of pop to begin with so how could anyone argue to not replace her
Posted by HostileBelief 2 years ago
No one here is probably going to accept this challenge but I would love to see someone take this on.