MasterDebaterMK
MasterDebaterts

Maggie's a better debater than Trent

MasterDebaterMK

MasterDebaterMK

Pro

I'm a better debater than you.

For the past two tournaments we've had, I have done your case when It was your responsibility to come up with the other case out of the two (pro,con) This shows the responsibility I possess over you. I always maintain my cool, and never hit you like you hit me at the Rock bridge debate. This is part of being a good debater.

I hold a higher score in NFL [1]
I always hold the higher score out of the judging sheets. [2]
I'm the better debater when it comes to work ethic, and public speaking.

[1]https://www.nflonline.org...
[2]https://www.nflonline.org...

I've even brought up weak arguments, and I'll still win this debate. Proving I'm better.

(ily trenttt:))
MasterDebaterts

Con

While Maggie has a convincing argument (Not Really), i strongly disagree with her argument that she is a better debater then myself. Her two contentions were that she simply gets better scores then i do and actually creates the cases we argue. I would first like to point out that her scores are only better because I am newer to debate. She has been to a total of four tournaments compared to my two tournaments. I'm new in the game and am getting better at an exponential rate. Her second point about her creating the case only happened once out of the two times we have debated togther. In the debate in which she actually did write the case, i simply made one up on the spot. This takes a lot of talent and we did in fact win that debate. So, when observing the truth, we are equally matched debaters at the least. So in responce to Maggies sinful list of lies i state my three (not just 2) contentions.

1.) I make up a case on the spot, taking more talent then having one prepared
2.) i have been in debate a shorter amount of time and get a tad bit lower scores
3.) I show much more confidence wen debating, many judges have said so themselves

P.S. I'm also better looking so i get extra points for being the judges eye candy ;)
MasterDebaterMK

Pro

Sorry it took me so long to post back. busy weekend.
In you're response, your augments are:

1) You can make up stuff.
So what? We can all make up stuff. I could too. I don't though. I prepare you and myself for our debates. I do not make up stuff on the spot risking our potential win with crappy/false evidence. This makes you a better debater than I? No. Just unprepared. This shows the lack of quality you have as a debater.

2)You haven't been in debate as long and you have lower scores.
Time doesn't hold any factor. The topic is "Maggie's a better debater than Trent." Yes, I've been in debate longer. You knew that was a factor when accepting the debate. Even so, I hold the higher scores making me a better debater. The over all scores come from judging scores, which I hold higher in anyway. You know that. Despite my over all scores, if we focus on the scores from our debates together, you have yet to hold a higher speaker score than me. The debates we win, I always have the higher score out of the four speakers. I know you'll argue you're in a close second, but not close enough to beat me.

3)You have confidence.
Who's to say I don't have more confidence than you? After all, I am the one who challenged you to this debate that I'm a better debater. I must of had the confidence to ask you to this. Sure, I'll grant you do have confidence. But more than me? I will just argue I have more. Not a strong argument on you're part. I could provide evidence but it's your responsibility, seeing as how you brought up the argument.* You have received the comment twice that you're confident. The judges also make sure to note you seemed like you didn't care, or too cocky. Also, if you clam to be so confident, one who is so confident does not let someone frustrate them. In Grand crossfire, you hit me and told me not to shush you while I was speaking. Your confidence is not only questionable, (you confuse conceited with confidence)but false.
*I'd like to add you've brought up no evidence throughout the whole debate. So I take it we will debate our word over evidence.

4) You're eye candy for the judges.
This displays my point exactly.
This right here. You can't come up with a decent, true argument without my help.

Simple evaluation can show who the dominate, over all better debater is. Me.
MasterDebaterts

Con

Well Maggie certainly had made some great points in here last argument. She did a great job of using copy and paste to take the arguments from the list of comments that have formed around this debate. I on the other hand, am goning to form my case myself. So maggie in her last argument stated 4 things.
1.) Making things up proves nothing since i use her case
2.) She has been in longer and gotten higher scores then myself
3.) She has confidence as well as myself
4.) Me being eye candy proves i don't create logical arguments

These are the facts of the case. Maggie and myself have went to 2 debate tournaments together. We have won a total of 4 out of 8 debates as a team in public forum. She has gone to 2 additional debate tournaments with ANOTHER partner. She lost most of those debates winning a total of 2 debates i beleive (Maggie can clear that up), but i do know she did not win as many debates as she did with me. She does have a higher rank then myself due to having more time in debate.

I will now break down each of these arguments and rebuild my own. Maggie stated that me making up cases proves nothing about me being better due to the fact that i use her case. This statement was completely and utterly untrue. I made a rough case both times that ended up not working. I then used the research i had obtained and facts from the opponents case to form a good argument. We then won 2 out of 4 debates that tournament. She did not make a case, i made one up for us to use as a team, resulting in 2 victories. Her second point was that she has more time in debate and has much more experince then myslef, as well as getting higher scores. I can not oppose her time argument, she has been in longer, and as the score sheets show, she has gotten better scores. These scores say nothing of our debate skills however. She put much more effort into the research and preparation of the debate then myself. I heard the topics for both tournaments the day of. With mroe time to prepare, it is logical that she scores higher, but does not prove that she is a better debater, simply a better time manager. I would also like to point out that in class i have debated by myself twice. Both times i won and still, did not plan prior to the debate. I can win without her, and without planning. Her third argument was that we are equal in terms of confidence. While she does have confidence and did have the guts to challenge me, she does not show the confidence i do in a debate. Judges have proven me right on many score sheets when they leave a comment on my confidence, and not maggie's. Her final argument was that me being eye candy has nothing to do with debate. I would totally agree that this is irrelevant and was simply a joke for the enjoyment and entertainment of you kind spectators.

So lets review what we have learned
1.) I do make my arguments up on the spot with little to no preperation and still, we win the debate. I have done this while debating solo as well.
2.) Her higher scores prove nothing because she had more time to prepare then myself.
3.) She has confidence but not as much as myself, the judges comments are my proof.
4.) THe eye candy comment was irrelevant and was made simply for the enjoyment of you kind spectators

I hope that this debate goes well and due to the facts and arguments i have presented to you, it would be of little intelligence to vote for my kind opponent, Maggie. Thank you for your time.
MasterDebaterMK

Pro

MasterDebaterMK forfeited this round.
MasterDebaterts

Con

MasterDebaterts forfeited this round.
Posted by MasterDebaterMK 8 years ago
MasterDebaterMK
When have you ever debated alone goofball
Posted by MasterDebaterts 8 years ago
MasterDebaterts
My arguments were that your higher scores were irrelevant to talent, they were only relevant to your effort and time management in preparing your case. I also stated that when I debate alone, I am undefeated.... I don't find this inconclusive but I totally accept the defeat. This was a good experience and while I strongly disagree with the voters, I won't argue against them.
Posted by MasterDebaterMK 8 years ago
MasterDebaterMK
No, I'm 20 odd points ahead of him... Last time I looked, well on NFL. And how is any of the evidence negative against myself? At all?

And like I said and proved, time holds no factor. Its a simple topic, Maggie's a better debater than Trent... Regardless if I have had more time or not, i'm still the better debater.
Posted by Alex 8 years ago
Alex
Cons argument is "inconclusive" for lack of a better term, sure he may make up arguments on the spot, but what does that prove? doesnt mean they are good, his opponents could have sucked or the topic could have been one sided.

Maggie however showed, and he agreed that she has better scores, you cant discredit her for preparing when he is just lazy,

because there is no evidence of how maggie is under pressure we cannot conclude who is a better unprepared debater so to me it is clear as day and night.

Better scores vs inconclusive data.

better scores wins in my book based on what we know vs what we don't know
Posted by colormecourtney 8 years ago
colormecourtney
Well...Trent is only two points behind you, Maggie...based on the evidence you provided...

Not to mention the fact that he's only been in debate for less than one semester...while you've been in over one and a half semesters.

It's a tough call...
I will give Maggie the support in that she puts much more time and effort into her cases, though.
However, based on the evidence provided by the Pro case in her own defense, I am forced to negate for the previously stated reasons.
Posted by MasterDebaterMK 8 years ago
MasterDebaterMK
Sorry everyone! Ugh I should have posted. I forgot to pay attention. :/
Posted by MasterDebaterts 8 years ago
MasterDebaterts
That is a fact i proved using another example
Posted by Alex 8 years ago
Alex
And your opinion means more? No.
Posted by MasterDebaterts 8 years ago
MasterDebaterts
What I am saying is that her evidence using scores is irrelevant, that proves nothing of the talent of a debater, only their effort.
Posted by Alex 8 years ago
Alex
I'm sorry -lacking actual facts
Vote Placed by colormecourtney 8 years ago
colormecourtney
MasterDebaterMKMasterDebatertsTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
MasterDebaterMKMasterDebatertsTied
Vote Placed by pcmbrown 8 years ago
pcmbrown
MasterDebaterMKMasterDebatertsTied
Vote Placed by prozoro 8 years ago
prozoro
MasterDebaterMKMasterDebatertsTied
Vote Placed by Alex 8 years ago
Alex
MasterDebaterMKMasterDebatertsTied