TheDemonSlayer
shadow3600

Magic: The Gathering vs Yu-Gi-Oh

Started: 2/22/2017 Category: Games

TheDemonSlayer

Pro

This is my first debate so i am going to tackle a debate at my school is Magic better than Yu-Gi-Oh i will be defending Magic while my opponent is defending Yu-Gi-Oh.

I will not ague in this round so future opponent may start there argue

Good luck!
shadow3600

Con

I think that you are wrong because Yu-Gi-Oh is a much more kid friendly game because you have cartoon monsters and not as advanced thinking so kids could buy the cards and the company can make more of the cards so they are better becuse there are more of them. p.s Pokemon is better than both of them.
TheDemonSlayer

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge and i must say you r right on a few thing but in magic the gathering you can have a unlimited amount of creatures on the field where in yu-gi oh one may only have five that is also the fact in the spell and trap zone since i play both card games I will know a good amount on both topics so I will be able to counter your statements as best as i can and yes yu-gi-oh may be kid friendly and have a anime but magic is right above it in the rankings http://shareranks.com... it is actually number one wist yu-gi-oh is number two.

p.s Pokemon is another topic i will tackle soon
shadow3600

Con

why would you want to sit for hours trying to come up with advanced strategies when they may not even work when you could sit down and play Yu-Gi-Oh with no thinking and still win.
TheDemonSlayer

Pro

One does not have to sit for hours if they made there deck right then you would already know your strategy. Now in yu-gi-oh when you want to summon a really big monster you have to sacrifice or tribute other monster based on the level of if it a ritual summon then it has to add up, but in magic all you have to do is have the mana to cast your creatures and other spells.
shadow3600

Con

OK but tell me this how much money does Magic make compared to Yu-Gi-Oh, not a lot because Yu-Gi-Oh has there own T.V show and video games and movies and Yu-Gi-Oh is a lot more cheaper to buy than magic plus there are a lot more cards you can collect how many sets are in Magic compared to Yu-Gi-Oh not a lot either.
TheDemonSlayer

Pro

Magic the gathering has exactly 175 sets and a pro deck can cost up to $500 - $600 each and that is a standard 60 card deck. And remember that Magic is ranked number 1 in the world with Yu-Gi-Oh at number 2. Magic may be tricky to learn at first but when you know how how to play then it gets even simpler but Yu-Gi-Oh keeps changing its rules and regulations, and changing how much life one would start out with when Yu-Gi-Oh started they had player start out with 4000 LP and then changed it to 8000 LP, in Magic it has always been 20. Another thing is that in Magic you can attack your opponents directly and they choose to block in yu-gi-oh you attack creatures in stead.
shadow3600

Con

as you said earlier that you can play as many monsters as you want, correct, but the reason that Yu-Gi-Oh has a certain amount of cards is so they can make the game balanced so that way you cant pile up on monsters so the opponent has a chance to win because if you just have a ton of monsters on the field your opponent wont be able to come back and it will be unfair.

p.s when you do actually have the Pokemon debate let me know.