demonlord343
WesleyBucher1

Magnets do not have anything to do with gay marriage. Someone intelligent please join the debate.

demonlord343

Pro

Greetings! My first debate. So, your best argument against gay marriage is that it is unnatural? via magnets. saying that two positive ends do not attract. right, because a penis has a plus sign on it. No, wait, it doesnt. Its called a brain, and other animals brains. The only way to compare gayness to nature is to look at beings that are similar to us. i.e. a dog humps one another to show dominance. this isnt the same thing as gay humans, but animals being gay is very natural. This has also showed up with cats as well. So, it isnt unnatural at all. its very natural for male on male.
WesleyBucher1

Con

I am going to assume that your debate is whether or not gay marriage is natural or not. I would agree that magnets do not have anything to do with gay marriage. However, I do not think that gay marriage is natural or not. Now, there has been a lot of study into the issue of whether or not there is a gay gene. However, the evidence for that is negligible and inconclusive, and pretty much all scientists have dropped it. (If you want confirmation, look up the gay gene). However, most experts in that area agree that it is mainly society that is the cause of homosexuality. (aka exotic is erotic, siblings increase your chance, yadi yadi yadi) Therefore, since it is society that is the cause, then it is man-made and not natural
demonlord343

Pro

Society is not the cause.. homosexuality has always been around. if you dig deep enough into history, you will find it. and according to new studies into genetics, the topic being epigenetics, the study of how your genes change according to environmental factors, the gay gene is very possible.. however dormant it can remain. and also, a mind is a very complex machine. it can break and bend and snap to many things. gayness can be an anger result, leading to molestation and is common amongst families. and sometimes it happens when someone gets drunk, comes home, and that leads to molestation. its all in the magical brain that we as scientists can barely actively study because its almost impossible to study chemical imbalances while the being is still alive.... and as my previous statement says, so thus i have to repeat myself, animals are gay too... they've been gay, and if you dig really deep into history, its always been there.. we have always had homo human beings... so how can we blame a constantly changing variable(society) on a constant throughout time and nature? you cant blame society on something that has always been there. so, thus its a gene. we just havent figured out what it is yet.. since there are so many. just like a mental illness. or the color of your eyes. also, remember though when you look it up, history is just a version of the past that people have decided to agree upon.... (napoleon bonaparte)
WesleyBucher1

Con

For your first line, that society is not the cause, because homosexuality has always been around, society has always been around too. Society is a group of people living in a more or less ordered community. Humans are social beings. Society has always been around. Besides, you cannot say that homosexuals have always been around because of your last line: history is just a version of the past that people have decided to agree upon. Based upon that, you can not know whether or not homosexuals have always been around. However, you can know that society has always been around because humans group together for better survival. So, society has been around longer than homosexuals, and thus you can blame it for homosexuals. Additionally, (correct me if I'm wrong, but I am assuming you believe in evolution), according to evolution, gays shouldn't be here because they cannot reproduce. So, it cannot help your survival and thus should have died out, because of survival of the fittest. However, since it has not, but there is another thing that is proven to cause it, which is society, it is not natural. Also, for the animals, you can't use that argument because as you said they do it for dominance. Also, I bet you could find a video of one species having sex with another species. Does that mean bestiality is natural, and thus we should do it? Of course not. Also, if you use the arugment that since animals do it, we should do it, doesn't it logically follow that infanticide should happen? Cause lions do it. Your argument logically leads down to roads that anyone would tell you is not right. Finally, your statement that its a gene even though you have no proof of that is the best example of blind faith I have every seen.
demonlord343

Pro

Umm... I'm not sure where and when you decided to twist my words from my argument, but that is not what i said. i don't recall saying we should do it. Oh wait, that's because i didn't. Technically, according to the survival of the fittest, shouldn't have mental illness died out? Just wondering about that.. because thats a gene. A gene can hide within multiple generations before it finally is shown within an organism. It can hide. Also, you are telling me that every human being on this planet exists in a society? Any human being on this Earth to ever have existed has lived in a society? That is not the case. People leave society. They cut themselves off from it completely. Science shows that any part of us that exists is related to genetics. Even twins that have been torn apart from birth tend to have similar traits in their preferences and personality by at least 50%. The rest is epigenetics. Certain genes are expressed or not expressed depending on the environment or experiences. I said that some animals do it via dominance to show that it is indeed natural for an organism to have a certain sexuality. And your questions. As I quote, "Also, if you use the argument that since animals do it, we should do it,.." Number one, never said that. We are clearly not like other animals. Number two, my dog takes a dump outside. Should i be like the animal and do it like it? Come on,.. you sound like you are getting emotional. History is the version of the past that people have decided to agree upon. I was warning you to not overlook things, not say that none of history is false. You will find documents, very old documents, written by people of the past from a very long time ago of punishments held to homosexuals for them being so. Sure, they are records written by people, and they are a version that they have agreed upon, but if they knew about it back then, during their society which is completely different from today's, how is it to blame when the only thing that changed was indeed society? And last but not least, you wanna talk about where arguments lead? Yours is very similar to that of Adolf Hitler... he also blamed society for some (according to him) issues. (Your next argument will be that this is like the quote that history is a version,.... right? well, he did manage to write an essay about the matter)
WesleyBucher1

Con

In your beginning argument you said that it is "very natural for male on male." I assumed by this that you either endorsed or thought it right for gays. That is why I said that. Also, mental illnesses shouldn't have died out because they usually wait until the carrier is older and has had kids before it appears. So, it would not die out. Also, if evolution had eons to take out homosexual gene it would have done that. Also, I understand that people leave society, but to leave society, you must have a society to leave. I would admit that a lot of stuff relates to genetics. However, I would disagree that everything does. Genetics does not decide how I like my bagels. Also, If some animals do it for dominance, that would mean that it is not their natural sexuality, but a way of establishing their dominance. I also apologize for jumping to conclusions about the animals do it, so we should thing. However, you said that animals being gay was very natural, so it is natural for males to do it. That would mean that you seem to think it is ok, so, in essence you did make that argument. Society does not change very much. Some parts of it do, but not really. The surface and customs and shallow values do, but it doesn't really change. Every society values courage. Every society that has been able to exist for a reasonable amount of time values the same sort of things, even if they seem to take different forms. So, society isn't a variable. It is a constant. Finally, Adolf Hitler blamed the Jews for the issues. They did make up part of the society, but he blamed them for the problems in the society. So my argument is not like his at all.
Posted by WesleyBucher1 3 years ago
WesleyBucher1
Thank you, it has been a fun little debate with you. I appreciate that you didn't fly off the handle at me and go all emotional and stuff. I hate it when people do that
Posted by Gencsta 3 years ago
Gencsta
Lol you have my forgiveness.
Posted by demonlord343 3 years ago
demonlord343
One more comment, if the contender is looking. Good job with the debate. This has been fun.
Posted by demonlord343 3 years ago
demonlord343
Ok, you are right, that was my mistake when i made that title. I am sorry for that. First time doin one. Please forgive my errors.
Posted by Gencsta 3 years ago
Gencsta
You're debating about the nature of homosexuality. I thought this debate was about gay marriage. Homosexuality in nature is an entirely different subject.
Posted by demonlord343 3 years ago
demonlord343
Soorry Gencsta for your disappointment, but i can see logic. and reasoning. yours i can not. you based everything you just said off of assumptions. if you want to say something to me or were wondering something, ask. thats the point behind these things. k? im just looking for some clarity.
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
Gencsta; don't say that yet. And to all other peeps: http://www.ibtimes.com...

Just for laughs
Posted by Gencsta 3 years ago
Gencsta
The contender did a great job in the first round. Honestly, does the instigator really think magnets are the only argument against the nature of homosexuality? Ughh, I predict the instigator will argue based on emotions while the contender uses studies and logic.
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
I'm trying to make something intelligent out of this.... It's not working.
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
That wad really funny though; the guy who attracted two magnets together, and saw that same poles didn't attract. Any kiddo would know that.