Maikuru is out of Tulle's league.

Resolution: The user known as Maikuru is out of my league.

Both parties share burden of proof. We can only use quoted song lyrics to make our case (sentence fragments are ok but complete sentences are better) and must cite the song and artist for each lyric. We can't use a lyric from a song already used.

To see whether Oryus or Airmax would be more harmed if they broke up, click here -->

Proving that tulle is out of my league will be as easy as...well, actually that's about as easy as it gets. Too bad we can only use song lyrics in our case or else I'd just post a picture of her followed by a picture of me and the debate would be over.

Good luck!

Maikuru is definitely better looking than me so please don't let him fool you.

*We agreed that for one song only, we are allowed to change the gender pronouns.

Is this the real life or is this just fantasy? [1] I lose sleep just to daydream about you, baby. [2] You are perfect porcelain. [3] The strands in your eyes that colour them wonderful stop me and steal my breath. [4] I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted. [5] Baby, you light up my world like nobody else. But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell you don't know-oh-oh, you don't know you're beautiful. If only you saw what I could see, you'd understand why I want you so desperately. Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe you don't know-oh-oh, you don't know you're beautiful. [6] (He's irresistible up close and personal, now inescapable, I can hardly breathe. He makes me weak with desire, he's irresistible to me. [7]) Fellas don't be jealous, when they made him they broke the mold. So charismatic with an automatic, never prematurely shooting his load. [8]

I just can't live without you. Gee, I think you're swell and you really do me well. You're my pride and joy, etcetera. [9] You still take me by surprise. I know that I'm not perfect but I keep trying. [10] I've got some skeletons in my closet. [11] (But how to make him see the truth about my past? Impossible! He'd turn away from me. [12*])

Just a friend, that's all I've ever been to you. Oh, just a girl who wants to be the centre of your world. But I ain't got much to offer but my heart and soul and I guess that's not enough for you to notice me. [13] Do I repulse you with my queasy smile? Why don't you like me? [14] I'm so into you. [15] I care about you, I'm there for you, so why don't you care for me like I care about you? Sometimes I'm not sure that, that I'm all you got. Sometimes I'm not sure you love me or not, baby. [16] You don't see me, no, like I see you. I want you in my life and I need you in my life. [17]

Nevermind, I'll find someone like you. I wish nothing but the best for you. [18] I've been hoping for months, hoping for years. Yeah, I still need you but what good's that gonna do? Needing is one thing and getting, getting's another. [19] You make me wanna die. I'll never be good enough. Every time I look inside your eyes you make me wanna die. [20] I'm just trying to keep it together 'cause I could do worse and you could do better. [21]

[1] Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
[2] K-Ci & Jojo - Crazy
[3] Marianas Trench - Porcelain
[4] Edwin McCain - I'll Be
[5] Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
[6] One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
[7] Jessica Simpson - Irresistible
[8] Robbie Williams - Man for all Seasons
[9] The Turtles - Elenore
[10] Hedley - Perfect
[11*] Eminem - Cleaning Out My Closet
[12] The Lion King - Can You Feel the Love Tonight
[13] Jojo - Secret Love
[14] Mika - Grace Kelly
[15] Hedley - Trip
[16] New Edition - I Care About You
[17] The Pretty Reckless - You
[18] Adele - Someone Like You
[19] Ok Go - Needing/Getting
[20] The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die
[21] Marianas Trench - Beside You

I know a girl. She puts the color inside of my world. [1] She acts like summer and walks like rain, reminds me that there's a time to change. Since the return from her stay on the moon, she listens like spring and she talks like June. [2] Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining. Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying. She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday. [3] She’s high society, she's got the best of everything. What could a guy like me ever really offer? She's perfect as she can be, why should I even bother? Cause she's so high, high above me, she's so lovely. She's so high, like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite. [4]

You're just too good to be true. Can't take my eyes off of you. You'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much. [5] I want you to want me. I need you to need me. I'd love you to love me. I'm beggin' you to beg me. [6] But you say I’m just a friend, you say I’m just a friend. [7]

I don’t blame you at all. [8] Because I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it. [9] Your skin like porcelain. One pair of candy lips and your bubblegum tongue. Your body is a wonderland. [10] But I'm gross, I can’t even stomach myself. [11] I'm too fat. I fvck around and catch a asthma attack. [12] I'm worn as her toothbrush hanging in the stand. My face ain't looking any younger and now I can see love's taken her toll on me. [13] I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser to try and flag me down because I know you're right. [14]

See you deserve better babe. See every girl deserves a little wine and dine. Pop the Cristal 'cause we gon' feel wild. [15] But I got nothing. [16] Ain't got no home, ain't got no shoes, ain't got no money, ain't got no class. [17] Where I come from isn't all that great. My automobile is a piece of crap. My fashion sense is a little whack and my friends are just as screwy as me. I didn't go to boarding schools. Preppy girls never looked at me. Why should they? I ain't nobody, got nothing in my pocket. [18] Never made it as a wise man. I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing. And I've been wrong, I've been down, been to the bottom of every bottle. [19] Hunger hurts and I want her so bad, oh it kills 'cause I know I'm a mess she don't wanna clean up. [20*]

When you were here before, I couldn't look you in the eye. You're just like an angel. Your skin makes me cry. You float like a feather in a beautiful world. I wish I was special. You're so fvcking special. But I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here.

I don't belong here...[21]

[1] John Mayer - Daughters
[2] Train - Drops Of Jupiter
[3] Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
[4] Tal Bachman - She's So High Above Me
[5] Four Seasons - Just Too Good To Be True
[6] Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me
[7] Mario - Just A Friend
[8] Smokey Robinson - I Don't Blame You At All
[9] Michael Jackson - Bad
[10] John Mayer - Your Body Is A Wonderland
[11] Jay-Z - Hate
[12] Notorious B.I.G - Runnin'
[13] Hall & Oats - She's Gone
[14] Green Day - When I Come Around
[15] The Isley Brothers - You Deserve Better
[16] Darius Rucker - I Got Nothin'
[17] Nina Simone - I Got Life
[18] Weezer - Beverly Hills
[19] Nickelback - How You Remind Me
[20*] Fiona Apple - Paper Bag
[21] Radiohead - Creep
Posted by Maikuru 2 years ago
Awake baby?
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
This is so cute
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
Whoops, I didn't see your comment. Haha no I'm not creeped out, I'm flattered :p I get what you're trying to say.

Well, maik, looks like I lost the bet ;)
Posted by proglib 3 years ago
@tulle, was it the "uncle-ish" part? Hope that didn't "creep you out" as we used to say back in the old days. I just meant in a sort of, yes, she's a looker, and she's way too young for me to say that,, it's true, if you were my niece I would have plugged my ears and gone running from this discussion about "who's hot."

Shall I change my vote? Maikuru does seem like quite an attractive young gentleman, and If I read the debate....just messing with you, :D I'm not going to change my vote.
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
@Oryus ---I know. We are that couple I hate, all cute and stuff in public.

@Proglib ---LOL. You are making me blush so hard :$

@Bossy ---yeah, right??
Posted by bossyburrito 3 years ago
He definitely is pretty hot...
Posted by proglib 3 years ago
@ tulle

Of course it's a compliment. (You read better than that!:p) I have to be sure and be uncle-ish 'cause I'm old enough to be some folks' grandfather--and married...

Anyway, yes Maikuru is handsome.

And he posed in a museum, and he is smart enough to take the Con side of this debate, so yes, I agree with @Oryus' last comment. You folks crack me up!

However, Maikuru is not out of your league by any stretch of the imagination. So my vote stands.

Posted by Oryus 3 years ago
Get a room!!!! :P
Posted by Maikuru 3 years ago
God, tulle, you are so humble and compassionate and complimentary, not to mention clever and endearing. You're just making this debate clearer and clearer.
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
See? He's hot and funny and smart and clearly better than me at debating. He's definitely out of my league, therefore I win :p
Vote Placed by proglib 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: VOTE BOMB: words are not going to prove or disprove anyone's hotness, so I'm going to just vote for Tulle being hotter, which means voting for Maikuru, LOL my head is starting to hurt.
Vote Placed by Oryus 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Damn. Contender really does have an advantage here. haha I'm going to have to go with Maikuru's round being better. He literally compared tulle to a goddess and was way more self-deprecating in some pretty epic ways. I am sufficiently convinced that tulle is out of his league haha His lyrics also had a more coherent flow to them whereas tulle had a few more that seemed out of place. Also, Maikuru's lyrics were just so utterly relevant- creep, she's so high above me, you deserve better, etc. In Pro's defense, there are probably a lot more songs singing of the wonders of ladies than vice versa. I mean, come on, Your Body is a Wonderland? Drops of Jupiter? Boom! Pregnant.