Isaiah68
FaustianJustice

Majority of LGBT Community Are Selfish and Intolerant.

FaustianJustice

Isaiah68

Pro

Okay, Let me start by saying, I do not care about anyone who wants to waste my time and dodge issues. I will give sources when it is relevant. I explain to me RATIONALLY and LOGICALLY how I am wrong.

A large majority of the gay community in this Country routinely expect society to accept their lifestyle. They want to be accepted for who they are. They want "equal rights' (which who really knows what that means anymore". However for all the demands, they (gays) are rarely willing to give the same respect in return to Christians, and persons who just do not understand or agree with the lifestyle. Condemning anyone for not excepting the lifestyle, is exactly the same behavior the gay community seems to want to change.

Why is it okay for the gay community to express themselves and have an opinion, but not others in Society? Gays and far left Liberals support gays, and horribly bully those who do not believe homosexuality is okay.

I'll add, most of us understand biologically, it also makes no sense.

I am speaking of humanity and freedom of beliefs. So don't tell me love is love.
FaustianJustice

Con

I accept this challenge.

Over the course of this discussion, I will quickly demonstrate the hypocritical and illogical stance that the instigator has taken by creating a preferred caricature of the opposition, and assuming an unfounded moral superiority over them. In attempts to bolster their case, it is clear that certain definitions should be ironed out, the first of which is "equal" as opposed to left to being nebulous.

Equal is defined by Merriam Webster as:

: the same in number, amount, degree, rank, or quality

: having the same mathematical value

: not changing : the same for each person

As Pro has defined it, a "lifestyle" is being defined or at least synonymous with "who they are". I am happy to accept that definition.

Further, I will directly contend that: "Why is it okay for the gay community to express themselves and have an opinion, but not others in Society?" is deceptive in nature to the concept of equality.

Good luck to Pro, I am sure we will all have a Gay Ole Time.

Isaiah68

Pro

Isaiah68 forfeited this round.
FaustianJustice

Con

In appreciation that perhaps my opponent forgot, I will forgo an opening round. I look forward to what my opponent has to say.
Isaiah68

Pro

Isaiah68 forfeited this round.
FaustianJustice

Con

My opponent seems to have abandon the debate, so I can only use thus far what has been presented as arguments.

"A large majority of the gay community in this Country routinely expect society to accept their lifestyle."

Of course. Because in the name of EQUALITY, the lifestyles of others in society are already accepted. Don't you expect to have your lifestyle accepted? What harm or detriment to society comes from you taking a spouse of your choosing? Why should others not have the same?

" However for all the demands, they (gays) are rarely willing to give the same respect in return to Christians";
I have yet to see a LGBT (etc) bill ever get sponsored to outlaw Christianity, or that Christian marriages are not natural, 'legitimate', and more to the cause: why should they have to demand anything? The nature of such a statement paints an extraordinary picture of what you consider to be equal. Having the ability to draw equal resources, and have the same options as you shouldn't have to be demanded.

" Why is it okay for the gay community to express themselves and have an opinion, but not others in Society?"

A voice, or sympathetic legislation? That seems to be the lynch pin of the argument: those that seek to make laws preventing the lifestyles of others from being legitimized, while expecting through taxation to have their own benefits of such arrangements incenctivized. That is decidedly UNequal.

"I'll add, most of us understand biologically, it also makes no sense."

To you. Which is fine, I don't expect anyone else's sexuality or courtship to make sense to me, or have mine make sense to anyone else. Such is not necessary for its existence.

"I am speaking of humanity and freedom of beliefs. So don't tell me love is love."

And in return, don't tell anyone that what they have is not love. You are speaking of humanity, and freedom of belief, correct?

Rationally and logically explain how your position of not even having an understanding of equality, and taking it for granted that your lifestyle is to be accepted but not the lifestyles of others is 'right'.
Isaiah68

Pro

Isaiah68 forfeited this round.
FaustianJustice

Con

Extend previous.
Isaiah68

Pro

Isaiah68 forfeited this round.
FaustianJustice

Con

FaustianJustice forfeited this round.
Posted by theworldhasgonemad 1 year ago
theworldhasgonemad
No because I think equality is a paradoxical law that is discriminatory in itself. So I agree with you and disagree with you at the same time.
Posted by FaustianJustice 1 year ago
FaustianJustice
Take this debate, then, World. Same premise, same sides. Isaiah decided to bow out.
Posted by FaustianJustice 1 year ago
FaustianJustice
Posted by theworldhasgonemad 1 year ago
theworldhasgonemad
Faustian the problem with your argument is that it doesn't accept that some people's preferred lifestyle, "who they are", involves the absence of gays.

By the definitions used, it is not possible for their to be equality, because either one group or the other is not going to be living their preferred lifestyle.
Posted by FaustianJustice 1 year ago
FaustianJustice
Apologies to those reading. I was on a cruise and not able to extend the previous.
Posted by FaustianJustice 1 year ago
FaustianJustice
There is stuff I am willing to tolerate, and stuff I am not. Right now, its a day and half to the next argument. In previous circumstance, my opponent has suggested that opposition have some balls in which to conduct a debate they are a part of. I have circumstance that will immediately prevent me from replying, or at least making making a reply literally costly to me. I would prefer to think my opponent is not ill prepared to defend their assertions, and request a timely reply.
Posted by Envisage 1 year ago
Envisage
Lol @ "Gay Ole Time"
Posted by FaustianJustice 1 year ago
FaustianJustice
I would always suggest people wait for all the arguments on the table, if both sides present a rational start.
Posted by LDPOFODebATeR0328 1 year ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
The winner has been decided! :) I already know who to vote for...
Posted by YaHey 1 year ago
YaHey
As a gay person myself, I think that I am a good person to take this debate.
Vote Placed by doomswatter 1 year ago
doomswatter
Isaiah68FaustianJusticeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't stick around for the debate, so conduct to Con. Con sufficiently answered each of Pro's opening statements: The LGBT community is not fighting to outlaw Christianity or Christian marriage, and whether something makes biological "sense" is a matter of opinion. Arguments to Con.