CosmoJarvis
TheMarketLibertarian

Make DDO Great Again!

Started: 3/9/2017 Category: Funny

CosmoJarvis

Pro

"Make DDO Great Again!" is a lax debate on how to make DDO "great again." Pro and Con will suggest changes that should be made to the website to increase activity and enjoyment on the website.

For the purposes of this debate, joking around, and using jocular references to politics is allowed.

Round One: Acceptance
Round Two: Main Argument
Round Three: Rebuttals

MAKE DDO GREAT AGAIN!
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

We are going to make debate.org great again.
CosmoJarvis

Pro

I am the greatest DDO reformer that God ever created. You know why? I'm a very smart person. I went to the best schools. I'm a very smart person. And, I mean, part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich.

I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. That is why I shall pitch the Muslim Ba- I mean- the Five Year Pl- I mean- the Cosmo Plan.

"The Cosmo Plan?" you're thinking, "What the heck is that?" The Cosmo Plan is the best plan in the history of plans. It'll be great, just fabulous! The objective of the Cosmo Plan is to reform DDO entirely and make it so that DDO is more sophisticated. The trolls are bringing DDO crime, drugs... but some trolls I assume are okay. So we build a wall along the border between intellectual debates and troll debates, and we make the Trolls pay for it! Brilliant idea, if I do say so myself! Also, I'll make the Troll ban, where we ban trolls from entering DDO.

By the way, no, I do not have a wig. This is my real hair.

Alrighty, with those political jokes out of the way, I'd like to suggest my real plan to "make DDO great again." Here are my biggest ideas on how to increase activity and the amount of sophisticated and interesting debates on this website.

Point One: Fix the forfeiting glitch

This problem does not need explaining. This glitch, which prevents debates from continuing and ending, is hampering with the process of debating, hurting morale and discouraging people from wanting to debate on this website.

Point Two: Allow people to qualify for voting without submitting their phone number

Eight months ago, debates might have had voter turnouts as high as 30 people. Today, you'd be considered lucky to have over three voters. Most debates these days end up in ties because nobody votes. We need to increase voter turnouts by making it easier to become a voter.
The requirement to become a voter as of now is to submit your phone number. Not only does this make some feel uneasy as it may seem as an invasion of privacy, but some people do not own personal phones and therefore will not be able to vote. Now, I don't believe that we should give everyone the privilege to vote because, of course, a person could then make alt accounts and vote for himself or herself on a debate. Perhaps, for ease of access to vote, a person must complete a certain number of debates before being able to vote. While this suggestion still opens up the possibility of voter fraud, because of our diligent moderators such as WhiteFlame looking after us and keeping a keen eye on voters and RFDs, I am confident that our moderators will be able to address voter fraud swiftly with effective punishments.

Point Three: More Effective Punishments for Trolls
I have mixed feelings on Joke Debates. If they're mild humor, then sure, I don't mind them. But when there are debates on "There should be a limit of one black family in every neighborhood" or the frequent debates with no purpose other than to criticize people such as the "Do Atheists Rationally Know Truth From Fiction" debates, the "humor" seems to fade away. These people don't set up these debates to do anything productive beyond getting the most outrageous emotional reaction from people. They demean the purpose of Debate.org, turning it into a troll website, rather than a hub to discuss important issues in a civil, sophisticated manner. I believe the moderators should take action and delete these types of debates and use more effective action against trolls. And then we build a wall, separating us from the trolls, and we make the trolls pay for it.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

We are going to make DDO Great Again- for starters, we need to impose a complete ban on Muslims signing up for debate.org, and all these guys:
http://www.debate.org...
We're going to deport them to edeb8.com- which we are going to soon invade and bomb with trolls- we got troll the sh*t out of them. That would be my first measure, but in addition to this, the following provisions should be necessary:
1. get rid o the forum glitch- it used to be that there was a forum section where you could see the latest and trending forums:

Now it's gone.

2. Get rid of the forfeiting glitch- this is really annoying, and it makes forfeiting more appealing than making an argument- thus causing me to forfeit debates, which makes things very confusing when you have 12 or 14 due debate arguments that you're never going to get rid of.

3. Enable to get more voters, we should have people, like now, complete 3 debates, but offer an alternative to confirming your phone number- this being to get a friend to sign up for DDO. This will not only allow people who previously couldn't, to vote, it will also bring in more members! Which is better than my opponents proposal.
CosmoJarvis

Pro

DEAR MY LOYAL SUPPORTERS, MY OPPONENT, THE MARKET "HUSSEIN" LIBERTARIAN, IS AN EDEB8.COM EXTREMIST. HE WAS NOT BORN IN DDO, BUT HE WAS INSTEAD BORN IN EDEB8.COM. THAT IS WHY MY OPPONENT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RUN IN THIS DEBATE TO MAKE DDO GREAT AGAIN. I DEMAND HE SHOWS HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR ELSE!

ALSO, MY OPPONENT HAS JUST WIRE TAPPED MY PHONES! HOW LOW HAS THE MARKET LIBERTARIAN GONE TO TAPP MY PHONE DURING THIS VERY SACRED DEBATE! THIS IS NIXON/WATERGATE! SAD!
IS IT LEGAL FOR MY OPPONENT TO BE WIRE TAPPING A DEBATE PRIOR TO VOTING?
I'VE REPORTED THIS. TURNED DOWN BY MODS EARLIER. A NEW LOW!
THIS IS MCCARTHYISM!

#TheMarketLibertarian-Gate Scandal
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

MY OPPONENT IS A SOCIALIST HIS POLICIES WOULD NEVER WORK- HE IS GOING TO GET US ALL KILLED FOLKS! IF HE GETS ELECTED, WE ARE GOING TO NEED TOP USE OUR SECOND AMMENDMENT AND COMANDEER THIS WEBSITE.
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
This was a fun read.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
gLOBAL WARMING IS A CONSPIRACY CREATED BY THE TROLLS TO DISTRACT US FROM THE BIG ISSUES OF DDO
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
How low has The Market Libertarian gone to tapp my phone during the very sacred debate process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

Is it legal for a sitting debater to be "wire tapping" a debate prior to voting? Turned down by mods earlier. A NEW LOW!

Terrible! Just found out that The Market Libertarian had my "wires tapped" in Debate.Org just before the debate. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
When trolls send their people, they're not sending their best... They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're baiters. And some, I assume, are good people."
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Just a casual, informal debate
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
What is a lax debate?
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
So, both pro and con are arguing for things to improve the website? That's odd, we essentially would have the same position.
Posted by 3RU7AL 1 year ago
3RU7AL
Has there been any discussion of sponsoring either official or unofficial high-school and/or college debate tournaments?

I'd also like to suggest fixing the "forfeit round" bug that freezes the debate clock and maybe asking some of the mods or others to volunteer to vote on debates (even possibly already closed debates) that have zero votes. Not to necessarily force a winner, but to confirm whether or not it is officially a toss-up.
Posted by What50 1 year ago
What50
I feel like I made DDO even worse lol.