Make up a topic

I am new to this website, and as such, I decided my first debate should be an open ended one

Debate with me on any topic you so wish, I'll play Devil's advocate for anything.

why did you join if you have nothing to debate.. seams like your throwing money at a tree hoping you get out of that resturant before any one notices

Well as I have JUST previously stated, this is my FIRST debate. I didn't want to create a professional and official debate topic until I actually learn how to debate. I am not yet, how you would say, a master debater. I have the ideas and the topics to debate but not yet the skill or understanding of the debate to argue any of these topics yet.

So, assuming now that the subject of the open ended debate is now 'why make an open ended debate?' My answer to you is what exactly is so bad about an open ended debate? It allows the challenged party to pick whatever they chose to debate about and grants them complete control over the debate topic. In your shoes, I would be delighted to be able to debate about whatever I so wished. We could debate about gun crime, about gay rights... Or about open ended debates, apparently...

As a final point, I'd like to kindly ask exactly what did you mean in that comparison in the latter part of your argument. Something about throwing money at a tree and escaping a resteraunt...

i mean why did you join the site.. when i joined i had lots of things i wanted to debate about

ok topic..
it isnt morality if its not survival..

Again, as I'm stating twice now, I do have many topics to debate about but I want to be sure I'm actually GOOD at debating before I debate them. Therefore I create an open debate to just practice on any level.

Also, I don't neccessarily agree with the statement that morality is a base being plus it's adaptation. For one, that equation in of itself is flawed in that it is much to broad. All of human thought could be summarized as "being+adaptation," everything from language to a musical sense can be summarized by being plus adaptation. Also, it has been shown many times that morals can exist despite a lack of adaptation. Take for instance the psychological case study of Genie, a woman who was kept away from social interaction and was regularly beaten and punished until she was almost 14, already halfway through puberty and adolescence where most things learned and adapted to are taken in. She had to learn how to do basic things like walk, talk and understand. her rehabilitation never worked, and in 2008 she still did not learn how to speak.

Despite regular beatings and abuse, though, Genie showed no signs of 'bad behavior' save for a few hissy fits. Never once did she seriously lash out, hurt someone physically or emotionally, and despite what most would have considered traumatizing and would have turned her into an aggressive and brutal being.

consider this, how does non being adapt?

does god exist?
Posted by Nivek 4 months ago
The vast majority of psychology is a pseudoscience.
Sociology is not a scientific field.

Pro vs Con
Preference: Pro for both
Posted by iamasuperuser123 4 months ago
Let's debate gun control. I take the against stance