sy
ScientificBeack

Make up should be banned in school.

sy

Pro

Should make up banned in schools?
ScientificBeack

Con

Hello sy,

In most schools, the issue of makeup falls in the school's dress code. Whether or not makeup should be banned is decided by the school's administration.

That being said, I do not see any reasons for makeup to be disallowed entirely.

While outlandish uses and outrageous amounts of makeup should be banned on the basis of disturbing the learning environment, I do not believe makeup should be outlawed. Makeup does not usually cause any major issues in school, and most students use it with common sense. In fact, clothing is a much bigger cause of problems than makeup. This is why schools often have a mandatory dress code, but adopt much more liberal views towards makeup. Also, makeup is a way of students to express themselves. This should also be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not to ban makeup entirely.

An ideal compromise would be for schools to moderate the use of makeup. For example, schools could disallow outlandish uses of makeup, but they should allow students to use a reasonable amount. What each school sets as reasonable amount is dependent upon their administration. The allowance of makeup can be a privilege, and the school may take it away at any time if a makeup becomes a problematic issue.

In short, my points are that:

1. Makeup is usually not an issue in schools and therefore should not be banned entirely.
2. Many students use makeup responsibly and with common sense (therefore it is not an issue).
3. Makeup is a way for students to creatively express themselves. This should be considered when deciding to ban it.
4. As a compromise, schools can make makeup a privilege and remove it from students who abuse it.

Thank you for taking the time to start this debate. I am awaiting your reply.
sy

Pro

sy forfeited this round.
ScientificBeack

Con

Since sy forfeited this round, I will wait for their response in the third round to my initial argument.
sy

Pro

sy forfeited this round.
ScientificBeack

Con

Well, what else can I say? Vote con.
Posted by kikiming888 3 years ago
kikiming888
In my opinion, students should go to school to study. If they focus on make-up which i think is unnecessary, they would end up distracted by it, and cause inferiority-complex to the others who do not know how to make-up by making them feel less.