Zealotical
Deathgodxiii

Making Prostitution Legal Everywhere

Deathgodxiii

Zealotical

Pro

The control of one's own body is the most basic of one's own rights. We don't legal penalties upon men and women who choose to do it for no reason. Why should the exchange of money suddenly make an incident of lawful and consensual sexual intercourse against the law?

Prostitution has been present in societies for thousands. Governments should notice that it can't be stopped completely. They should pass legislation that makes prostitution safer instead of persist with futile and dangerous prohibition.

I'm only going to leave two of many of my opinions for the first Round.
Deathgodxiii

Con

I am so very happy to challenge that smexi Zealotical ;)

"We don't legal penalties upon men and women who choose to do it for no reason. Why should the exchange of money suddenly make an incident of lawful and consensual sexual intercourse against the law?"

The most obvious thinking to me for why men and woman are not penalized for having sex with another for no reason is because they are not purchasing the service. In whore houses (yes they exist), called "brothels" it is legal to purchase sexual services because they have a license to do such(I know like wtf lol..... license to be a whore lmfao!). So that is possibly why it is illegal to pay another for sex. The licensing is what is needed to be legalized, just like any other business.

"They should pass legislation that makes prostitution safer instead of persist with futile and dangerous prohibition."

Well I would agree on that part in itself because there are so many that can spread HIV and are out there selling their bodies while they know they have the virus. The acceptance of whore houses "Everywhere" still would not do much of a positive effect even though the woman are infection free. Since the services there are really expensive, trust me.... lol jk. The prostitutes are actually able to set their own prices which can be a way to make a client refuse to buy any absurdly priced services...... especially since they are fat and ugly as F%!# lol, which would make people seek out cheaper sexual services through illegal prostitution.
Zealotical

Pro

"The most obvious thinking to me for why men and woman are not penalized for having sex with another for no reason is because they are not purchasing the service. In whore houses (yes they exist), called "brothels" it is legal to purchase sexual services because they have a license to do such(I know like wtf lol..... license to be a whore lmfao!). So that is possibly why it is illegal to pay another for sex. The licensing is what is needed to be legalized, just like any other business."

That may be true where you live but I'm talking about every state in America. Where I live, there is no such thing as a license for being a prostitute. If money is involved, they can get arrested. They can't get a license in my area.

"Well I would agree on that part in itself because there are so many that can spread HIV and are out there selling their bodies while they know they have the virus."

That statement obviously supports my arguement.

"The acceptance of whore houses "Everywhere" still would not do much of a positive effect even though the woman are infection free. Since the services there are really expensive, trust me.... lol jk. The prostitutes are actually able to set their own prices which can be a way to make a client refuse to buy any absurdly priced services...... especially since they are fat and ugly as F%!# lol, which would make people seek out cheaper sexual services through illegal prostitution."

Actually, that may come out as a positive thing because where prostitutes won't make as much money, they might try to live an honest life or maybe they will just lower their price.

Making prostitution legal would break the link between their managers or ‘pimps’. These individuals subject prostitutes to physical abuse and threats of violence, retain a portion of their earnings, and often encourage them to become addicted to drugs. The provision of a secure environment in which to work would allow men and women to be independent of these individuals.

Legalisation of prostitution would bring clear economic benefit for governments. A tax on the fee charged by a prostitute, and the imposition of income tax on the earnings of prostitutes would generate revenue.

The problem of a high concentration of ‘sex tourists’ in a short number of destinations will disappear once a larger number of countries legalise prostitution. Supporting this motion, therefore, will reduce the problem of sex tourism.
Deathgodxiii

Con

"That may be true where you live but I'm talking about every state in America. Where I live, there is no such thing as a license for being a prostitute. If money is involved, they can get arrested. They can't get a license in my area."

Actually brothels are the buildings that are actually licensed and the prostitutes, the contracted workers, are legally allowed to sell sexual services, but any prostitution outside the licensed brothels would be illegal prostitution. Yes I understand that they do not have it in you area, because Nevada is the only state in the United States that brothels are legal.

There are countries that have already legalized prostitution such as Netherlands, Germany, Austria and New Zealand but this has impacted the Netherlands with child prostitution dramatically in a 5 year period; 4,000 children engaged in prostitution during the year of 1996 and in the year of 2001 it has increased to 15,000 children involved in prostitution according to The Amsterdam-based ChildRight organization. So legalization of prostitution may most likely lead to the results of children prostitution.

"Actually, that may come out as a positive thing because where prostitutes won't make as much money, they might try to live an honest life or maybe they will just lower their price"

Contracted prostitutes in state licensed brothels are capable of setting their own prices for any services at any given time, so therefore they would only of course absurdly raise the pricing of their services when there is a customer that they find repulsive. They of course would not do this to everyone because they would need to pay for their staying at the brothel. I would say the contracted prostitutes are already living an honest life due to the fact that they are not in the streets and paying the costs of their living which includes eating, and sleeping, at the brothel.

"Making prostitution legal would break the link between their managers or pimps. These individuals subject prostitutes to physical abuse and threats of violence, retain a portion of their earnings, and often encourage them to become addicted to drugs. The provision of a secure environment in which to work would allow men and women to be independent of these individuals."

Actually there is no real proof of that it would break any such link a pimp has against the illegal prostitutes. In fact if legal brothels are state owned and so technically there is still a manager or pimp, which of course would be the state. And by what I have read there still happens to be forced human trafficking in the Netherlands, so there of course would still be pimps abducting and using violence for human trafficking and would easily be concealed in the opened as other legal prostitutions go on. So, It would still be unlikely for men and woman to be independent from pimps.

"Legalisation of prostitution would bring clear economic benefit for governments. A tax on the fee charged by a prostitute, and the imposition of income tax on the earnings of prostitutes would generate revenue."

By which you would be referring to legal brothels because that is where prostitutes would most effeciently be controlled by the government and taxing of the clients. State brothels are better alternatives to prostitution "everywhere".

"The problem of a high concentration of sex tourists in a short number of destinations will disappear once a larger number of countries legalise prostitution. Supporting this motion, therefore, will reduce the problem of sex tourism."

I agree with that thought, but do not agree in trying to globaly make other countrie's cities into the Netherland's Amsterdam. I would like a better alternative than Amsterdam, because in the Netherlands prostitutes are not required to have mandatory health check ups...... so they might be dirty, not like they already are lol.
Zealotical

Pro

"Actually brothels are the buildings that are actually licensed and the prostitutes, the contracted workers, are legally allowed to sell sexual services, but any prostitution outside the licensed brothels would be illegal prostitution. Yes I understand that they do not have it in you area, because Nevada is the only state in the United States that brothels are legal."

Exactly, that is why we should make it legal in every state in this country or at least make it possible for whores to get licenses which they shouldn't have to have a license because it's their own body but I guess its better than nothing.

"Actually there is no real proof of that it would break any such link a pimp has against the illegal prostitutes. In fact if legal brothels are state owned and so technically there is still a manager or pimp, which of course would be the state. And by what I have read there still happens to be forced human trafficking in the Netherlands, so there of course would still be pimps abducting and using violence for human trafficking and would easily be concealed in the opened as other legal prostitutions go on. So, It would still be unlikely for men and woman to be independent from pimps."

Actually, if prostitution was legal without having to have a license for it then they would not have to have a pimp or manager.
Deathgodxiii

Con

"Exactly, that is why we should make it legal in every state in this country or at least make it possible for whores to get licenses which they shouldn't have to have a license because it's their own body but I guess its better than nothing."

I myself am for prostitution to be legalized but just not "everywhere" because if such a thing does happen there will be no licensing and "anyone" can choose to sell their bodies, like little kids. I am for making prostitution legal "almost" everywhere by states being able to legalize brothels, which could control who is allowed to sell their body and who is NOT allowed to sell their body such as children. It is better to have a license so it would be easier to tell if a brothel is running illegal prostitution with abducted woman and perhaps children. And if the legal brothels are forced to have regular health checkups, unlike the Netherlands, AIDs will be maintain and controlled from prostitution.

"Actually, if prostitution was legal without having to have a license for it then they would not have to have a pimp or manager."

I am guessing you did not comprehend what I wrote before, or I did not make it clearer. Prostitution in the Netherlands is legal "everywhere", but there still happens to be human trafficking going on and woman are still being abused and abducted to be forced in prostitution. It would be much better if they work in legal brothels that do not force them in prostitution and do not abuse them, because legal brothels are state owned.

There can only be brothels in a county with a population of 400,000 or less. I would say they should increase this so it can apply to more areas and states should decide to allow brothels to be ran in their counties, as this will "generate revenue" for the state

To make my view clear in where I stand in prostitution I will say this.... I do think prostitution should be made legal in more states other than Nevada. Prostitution should be made legal but only in specific areas such as legal brothels.

I would like to thank my opponent for this wonderful debate that I had pleasure taking part in.
Posted by rangersfootballclub 7 years ago
rangersfootballclub
look i think i speak for the majority of the planet when i say this derathdoxiii

please shut the F**k up.
Posted by Deathgodxiii 7 years ago
Deathgodxiii
OMG is this how I sound like when Im bored as hell???

please do not listen to me people... I beg you.

umm im sorry..... now only if I can delete that last one and this one along.
Posted by Deathgodxiii 7 years ago
Deathgodxiii
I am posting a comment here because I have no life and no point...... just like this comment........ rawr..........grrrr.........applez........... bananananananananaz <---- apparently this is an actual word just without the z................. check it up....... so you can waste your time for nothing.......... Panda....... moniun...

do not pay attention to me because I am bored, and boredom is the cause of evil and ethtupidness.... according to...... well there is no supporting resources..... other than your mom! XD
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
Not just in this one, but in countless other ones as well, I wish people would read the debate before they post comments, that would decrease people posting comments of arguments already refuted in the debate and make everyone's lives better.
Posted by McBain 7 years ago
McBain
"Yeah, let people pound a bunch of women with mental disorders or were brought here as sex slaves. Good idea, and legally I'll add!!"

Got an itch for the mentally disabled? =P
Posted by Justinisthecrazy 7 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
i want to debate ragnar on this topic lol
Posted by wpfairbanks 7 years ago
wpfairbanks
Yeah, let people pound a bunch of women with mental disorders or were brought here as sex slaves. Good idea, and legally I'll add!!
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"8 Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution does not promote women's health."
Look at your average street prostitute in an illegal context.
Next, look at someone in Nevada's cathouse.
Chances are, the latter is gonna be healthier.

"9Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution does not enhance women's choice."
Does this even need rebutting? Srsly?

"
10 Women in systems of Prostitution do not want the sex industry legalized or decriminalized"
Eh? Surely you can't prove that this is universally true :)

That said, I am supportive of legalizing prostitution within children's hospitals, with the consent of hospital authorities and customers. The White House too, if anyone residing there chooses to hire such services. Congress, however, has a hard enough time paying attention without that added distraction in their workplace :).
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"
1 Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution is a gift to pimps, traffickers and the sex industry.
"
Dunno what kind of trafficker you're talking about, but a pimp's job is theoretically to look out for the cops. No one needs one in legal prostitution, a brothel owner is a far better person. The sex industry is not "Receiving a gift," but receiving freedom.

"
2 Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution and the sex industry promotes sex trafficking."
No it does not. When you can operate a brothel legally, you can do so fine without bothering trafficking in slaves, especially since eventually a customer will report you (not all will, but some).

"
3 Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution does not control the sex industry.It expands it."
Expanding an industry is a good thing.

"4 Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution increases clandestine, hidden, illegal and street
prostitution."
Utterly nonsensical, I suppose we had more bootleggers AFTER prohibition rather than during, contrary to all evidence?

"
5 Legalization of prostitution and decriminalization of the sex Industry increases child prostitution."
Incorrect, though I think children should be free to be prostitute themselves, as long as there IS an age of consent, legalizing prostitution provides it with law abiding customers, including those who can blow the whistle on those employing children.

"
6 Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution does not protect the women in prostitution."
It protects them from the men in blue waving guns at them and kidnapping them.

"
7 Legalization/decriminalization of prostitution increases the demand for prostitution. It boosts the motivation of men to buy women for sex in a much wider and more permissible range of socially acceptable settings.."
And?
Posted by dragonfire1414 7 years ago
dragonfire1414
You could say that, but maybe he should be more specific when writing a resolution. Really... Everywhere...
Vote Placed by Deathgodxiii 7 years ago
Deathgodxiii
ZealoticalDeathgodxiiiTied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
ZealoticalDeathgodxiiiTied
Vote Placed by trendem 7 years ago
trendem
ZealoticalDeathgodxiiiTied
Vote Placed by Justinisthecrazy 7 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
ZealoticalDeathgodxiiiTied