Making abortion legal does not decrease abortion related deaths due to "backdoor" abortions.

This is a simple topic, so I will make this only two rounds. The first is acceptance and stating your opinion, the second will be for rebuttals. Then voting begins.

Making abortion legal does not prevent abortion related deaths caused by “backroom” or self inflicted abortions.

One of the more popular arguments for legal abortion is that if abortion were illegal, women would perform the abortion on themselves or by visiting an illegal “backroom” abortion clinic and seriously hurting themselves. If abortion were legal it would be safer for women and if it were illegal it would lead to many more deaths. This simply is not true as the evidence proves that there is no correlation between enacting legal abortion laws and the decline of deaths caused by abortions. By the time Roe V. Wade was enacted abortion related deaths reported by the US CDC were on a steep decline for a decade. By Roe V. Wade abortion related deaths decreased by 250 million. This proves that the decrease of abortion related deaths has little to do with legal abortions.

i forfeit. I am diveritng all my time into debating telisw37 who is very amusing. I am sorry if this causes a problem for you.

Its fine.

This was the image I meant to post in my original argument.

1970vu forfeited this round.
Posted by jp16103 2 years ago
Shoot!!! I posted the wrong image!!
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
Why didn't you use abortion and pregnancy related deaths, instead of just deaths? Your source has them both, they both prove your case, and they are more convincing than overall deaths.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This guy should have never accepted a debate he couldn't even start.