Aircraftfreak1
Flipz

Malaysia 370 is Pilot Suicide

Started: 4/14/2014 Category: Places-Travel

Aircraftfreak1

Pro

First Round Acceptance.

I will be arguing that based on what we know currently and based on past events, Malaysia or MH 370 is in fact Pilot Suicide.

Please only accept this debate if know something about Aviation or if you know something about this disappearance.
Flipz

Con

I accept your challenge and will argue based upon what we know that a pilot suicide does not best explain the existing data for the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines 370. Please post your case.
Aircraftfreak1

Pro

Thank you for accepting this Argument.

Contention #1: Captain Zaharie's Flight Simulator provides evidence that supports my Argument.

Capt Zaharie flight simulator was recovered at his house shortly after the disappearance. They had found that Capt Zaharie has deleted log files in the sim. Myself, I have the exact same sim, and Log Files, are records that the simulator keep tracking your flight flown on it. (Length, Time, ETC)

They ad recovered the log files that Capt Zaharie deleted and discovered that Capt Zaharie, in one log, had flown a B777, out of Kuala Lumpur, and then ended the flight just about on the exact same point where the airplane had gone missing in real life. So what does this say? Capt Zaharie was "Rehearsing" this terrible crime.

Contention #2: The Boeing 777 is a extremely safe and advanced airliner. The most probable cause for a crash, is Pilot Input.
A example of this is Asiana Airlines flight 214, which the pilots had stalled on approach to San Francisco. Up until MH370 the 777 has had very few incidents Incidents.

Contention #3: This isn't the first Pilot Suicide the world has seen.

Silk Air 185: A Boeing 737, that was crashed the Pilot-in-Command because of Family Divorce Issues.

Egypt Air 990: A relief first officer, crashed the 767 into the atlantic ocean because he was caught, sexually harassing US employees and was told he would never fly to the US again.

Fedex 705: A First Officer attempted to kill, his fellow crew members because he had major Financial, and Family problems. Luckily he was unsuccessful.
Flipz

Con

Flipz forfeited this round.
Aircraftfreak1

Pro

Unfortunately my Opponent has not posted a argument.

Hopefully next round!
Flipz

Con

When debating over the disappearance of flight MH370, we should consider how best to evaluate a theory’s sustainability. I suggest two criteria: reliability (how much existing data does the theory explain) and probability (the likelihood of that particular event). After refuting my opponent’s arguments, I will advance a theory that much better serves these two criteria. I would like to request that my opponent source his citations in the next round, especially for “Contention 1.”

“They ad recovered the log files that Capt Zaharie deleted and discovered that Capt Zaharie, in one log, had flown a B777, out of Kuala Lumpur, and then ended the flight just about on the exact same point where the airplane had gone missing in real life.”
First, I would like to factually dispute this, which is why I requested source citations. After researching on the web for fifteen minutes, I can’t find any data that would suggest that the deleted files were recovered and they showed a flight trajectory matching the plane’s radar pings. Second, if the pilot indeed planned to commit suicide, why would he bother hiding the truth by deleting the files? And MORE importantly, why would the pilot bother turning around to the Indian Ocean in order to commit this terrible crime? He could have easily accomplished this in the South China Sea or off the coast of Malaysia after he departed. My opponent’s theory cannot explain this unusually glaring bit of data.

“The Boeing 777 is a extremely safe and advanced airliner. The most probable cause for a crash, is Pilot Input.”
I think this point is mostly irrelevant because while the Boeing 777 is a safe airliner, this does not mean it is invincible, has never had a safety incident, or that the most probable explanation for a Boeing 777 safety incident is pilot suicide. Wikipedia lists at least 10 aviation accidents and incidents for the Boeing 777 - 7 if you do not count three hijackings. http://en.wikipedia.org...

“This isn't the first Pilot Suicide the world has seen.”
Just because pilot suicide has occurred in the past, does not mean that it’s a probable explanation for an airliner’s disappearance; weather and technical malfunction incidents far exceed the number of pilot suicides. This fact alone should be a reason why pilot suicide unlikely explains MH370.

Now, for my counter-theory, I assert that an electrical fire or other technical malfunction downed MH370, and this better explains the existing data than pilot suicide. I am drawing on theory asserted by Chris Goodfellow in Wired. First, any good pilot should always keep track of the closest airport in case of emergency - airports in front, airports behind. In case of electrical fire or other incident, Kuala Lampur was the closest airport to MH370, which explains why the pilot would have made such a sharp, sudden turn. My opponent cannot explain this data. An electrical also would have caused the pilot to start pulling circuits and busses in an attempt to isolate the fire’s origin, which would also explain the loss in communications. Goodfellow also asserts that in cases onboard emergencies involving technical problems, like fires, pilots would have been trying navigate and aviate, and lastly communicate. Third, an electrical fire also would explain why the plane made it out to the middle of the Indian Ocean. It would have produced thick, horrendous smoke, choking the cabin and incapacitating the pilots. Autopilot would have taken over and the plane would continue to fly until it ran out of fuel or encountered some other serious problem.
Aircraftfreak1

Pro

Aircraftfreak1 forfeited this round.
Flipz

Con

Flipz forfeited this round.
Posted by Aircraftfreak1 3 years ago
Aircraftfreak1
Alrighty, Fair Enough
Posted by scienceNerd48 3 years ago
scienceNerd48
Nah I have a ton of debates going on.
Posted by Aircraftfreak1 3 years ago
Aircraftfreak1
Then lets debate about it
Posted by scienceNerd48 3 years ago
scienceNerd48
It is obviously not.