cse123
Raistlin

Male Circumcision as Genital Mutilation

Raistlin

cse123

Pro

Argument: Male circumcision is equally psychologically harmful and physically detrimental as female circumcision. Male circumcision should be considered male genital mutilation (MGM), just as female circumcision is considered female genital mutilation (FGM).

*FGM in this context is defined according to "Procedure 1" from the WHO. Procedures 2-4 are not valid debate topics, and no data or facts relating to said procedures will be considered invalid.

**All facts (other than common knowledge) must be cited with publicly viewable links, or they will be considered invalid.

Link: http://www.who.int...
Raistlin

Con

I accept the debate. The burden of proof is on pro, as he has made a positive claim. According to the Oxford dictionary, the definition of mutilation is "the infliction of serious damage on something." [1] Pro must demonstrate that the net effect of circumcision is seriously harmful, or the term "mutilation" doesn't make sense to describe circumcision.

Good luck to pro! I look forward to an interesting debate.

1- http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
cse123

Pro

cse123 forfeited this round.
Raistlin

Con

In the spirit of a good debate, I will forgive this forfeiture. I hope pro posts some interesting arguments next round.
cse123

Pro

cse123 forfeited this round.
Raistlin

Con

One more chance for pro. I hope he gets on and posts an argument this time.
cse123

Pro

cse123 forfeited this round.
Raistlin

Con

Still nothing from pro. Oh well.
cse123

Pro

cse123 forfeited this round.
Raistlin

Con

Raistlin forfeited this round.
Posted by FantumHeist 2 years ago
FantumHeist
I was circumcised and my genitals and sexual reproduction organ is just fine
Posted by cse123 2 years ago
cse123
FGM, as defined for the purposes of this debate, is not deadly. The link to WHO explains what parameters were being used for the definition of FGM. While I agree with your statement for the rest of classifications, I specifically limited it to this particular classification in order to make the situations more analogous
Posted by ChandanB 2 years ago
ChandanB
FGM is not only a violation of personal rights/freedom but also a path equivalent to mureder of the women who have to face physical difficulties for the rest of life. However,MGM is an infringement on personal rights and freedom. Both are horrible but FGM is deadly. Both HAVE to be stopped.
Posted by cse123 2 years ago
cse123
to Reeseroni: I don't disagree with any of your statements. While they may be accurate, I intended to refer to a reclassification of circumcision as MGM, and it's consideration as such henceforth.
Posted by Reeseroni 2 years ago
Reeseroni
This is literally a choice, and a practice of different cultures around the world, not a form of torture.

That mutilation you talk about is in middle eastern countries, and the victims can't help themselves. Your topic although is a complete 100% choice made by parents, or when you are an adult, and you consent to it.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
cse123RaistlinTied