TheMarketLibertarian
TLS99

Male Circumcision is ethically no different from Female Genital Mutilation

TLS99 has forfeited round #1.
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

TheMarketLibertarian

Pro

The resolution is that Male Circumcision is ethically no different from Female Genital Mutilation. This will be with regards to the reasons, effects, and justifications for the respective practises. I will defend the resolution, and the BOP is on me to prove that:
1. The reasons for Male Circumcision, generally, are no different than those for Female Circumcision
2. That the Effects are for the most part similar respectively.
3. That the justifications provided for either are interchangeable, and the practicioners of both use the same justifications as the other in general.

My opponent, on the other hand, must prove that FGM is 'totally different' from MGM, he/she must prove that:
1. Male Circumcision is done for different reasons, (plural) than FGM
2. Male Circumcision has completely different effects, (plural) than FGM.
or,
3. That the justificatins, (plural) for MGM are different than those for FGM.

Male Circumcision, or MGM, Male Genital Mutilation, shall be defined as the removal of the foreskin, frenulum, and riggid band of a male- specifically of a minor.
Female Circumcision, or FGM, Female Genital Mutilation, shall be defined as any of the following:
Type I: Also known as clitoridectomy, this type consists of partial or total removal of the clitoris and/or its prepuce.

Type II: Also known as excision, the clitoris and labia minora are partially or totally removed, with or without excision of the labia majora.

Type III: The most severe form, it is also known as infibulation or pharaonic type. The procedure consists of narrowing the vaginal orifice with creation of a covering seal by cutting and appositioning the labia minora and/or labia majora, with or without removal of the clitoris. The appositioning of the wound edges consists of stitching or holding the cut areas together for a certain period of time (for example, girls’ legs are bound together), to create the covering seal. A small opening is left for urine and menstrual blood to escape. An infibulation must be opened either through penetrative sexual intercourse or surgery.

Type IV: This type consists of all other procedures to the genitalia of women for non-medical purposes, such as pricking, piercing, incising, scraping and cauterization
Posted by Tinkle888 1 year ago
Tinkle888
Thanks for proving my point.
Posted by TheMarketLibertarian 1 year ago
TheMarketLibertarian
No, you're a child
Posted by Tinkle888 1 year ago
Tinkle888
TheMatketlibertarian, you're a child.
Posted by lua 1 year ago
lua
TheMarketLibertarian -- how old are you? Act your age.
TheMarketLibertarian
Hahahahahaha
You just cpy and paste things from pro mutilation sites dumb*ss, accept the challenge or f*ck off
Posted by Tinkle888 1 year ago
Tinkle888
People, know that this guy does not want a healthy debate. He just copy and pastes things from anti-circumcision websites and then calls you names if he feels angry. Research from objective websites.
TheMarketLibertarian
Then I'm not discussing this anymore, bye bye.
Posted by Tinkle888 1 year ago
Tinkle888
Excuse me? I have the right to refuse a debate to someone who started insulting me FIRST.
TheMarketLibertarian
You aren't respectful either- the debate would be different. Just don't argue with me but refuse a debate.
Posted by Tinkle888 1 year ago
Tinkle888
I want to debate someone I feel like would be respectful. You called me names before even the debate.