Invalid
MissyLee

Males are stronger than females

Invalid

Pro

I would like to start by stating that I am in no way sexist, and could go either way in this debate. However, for the sake of loyalty, I'll be taking the pro side. My argument is that within the homo sapien race, men are stronger (both mentally and physically) than women. This is a generalized statement, so saying you once saw a guy get beat up by a girl does not count. Looking forward to the challenge, and best of luck to my adversary.
MissyLee

Con

You may not be trying to sound sexist, but it sure does come off that way, but I will respect your views ^^
Anyways, I disagree.
Strength can come in many forms, and I think over all, women are stronger.
I have come to believe that our pain tolerance is much larger than that of the average male.
I know it's quite a cliche, but women not only undergo periods, but childbirth, and then menopause. This is nothing a male could even begin to understand.
And sure, there are times when as women, we complain over petty things, such as a broken nail, or a paper cut, but we keep moving and eventually deal with much, much bigger things(my examples prior).
Emotionally, I also find us stronger. Girls are drama queens sometimes, yes, and may cry over little things, but in my eyes... crying makes you strong.
Admitting that you're hurting is the strongest you can be, and though not all, most men are afraid to admit that they cry, or that they get hurt.
Men are weak to fear, which is why, most men just 'suck it up' and keep moving, whether it be emotional or physical pain.

Also, as mothers, women are faced with much more responsibility than a man could have.
Mother's are the strongholds for the family.

I apologize if my thoughts are somewhat jumbled or not entirely clear.
I write things as they come, and sometimes they come out of logical order lol.
Good luck to you as well!
Invalid

Pro

So by your logic, it's only sexist when it comes from a man?
I have to be honest. Most of your argument doesn't make much sense. You had more points for my side of the argument than your own.

Just because women have periods and go through childbirth, doesn't mean they have a higher pain tolerance. A high pain tolerance means you can withstand the pain. I'm pretty sure every women has described childbirth as being the worst pain they've ever felt.

1. Women complain and cry over little things.
2. Girls are drama queens.
3. Most men just suck it up and keep moving, whether it be emotional or physical pain.
Not sure why you stated some of my points, but thank you.

Why is the mother the stronghold of the family? What makes you think the father has any less responsibility?
Your thoughts do appear jumbled.
MissyLee

Con

MissyLee forfeited this round.
Invalid

Pro

Invalid forfeited this round.
MissyLee

Con

MissyLee forfeited this round.
Invalid

Pro

I'm sorry for missing my last argument. As my opponent hasn't posted again, I'm assuming they've forfeit. If a rebuttal should come about, I'll be back.
MissyLee

Con

MissyLee forfeited this round.
Invalid

Pro

Invalid forfeited this round.
MissyLee

Con

MissyLee forfeited this round.
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 2 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
Honestly, if I were a boy, I wouldn't be interested in women with masculine traits. No offense.
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 2 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
Posted by Invalid 2 years ago
Invalid
I should've reduced the time...
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
(I AM ONLY USING*SEXIST STEREOTYPES*BECAUSE EVERYONE HERE IS, WITHOUT FACT OR EVIDENCE, STATING TRAITS OF MEN AND WOMEN.

And one last thing:

"Men are afraid to admit that they cry"

Though this is a VERY stereotypical debate, the reason guys do not admit to crying would probably be that there friends would give them tons of crap for it. Not in fear of being seen weak.

In contrast, women generally go onto the internet, fake being sad in exchange for complements from other girls. <<<Drama

Girls can admit to being sad because when they are sad, someone will cheer them up with fake compliments and gossip about other girls.

Men cannot admit to being sad because they do not want to have jokes thrown at them by other men.

If it was a breakup, I would make my friend feel better. If he had a chipped nail, I would laugh at him.
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
"Sucking it up" means that instead of crying or being fearful, or not completing a task, you just move on. It's like if it was raining outside and their wasn't an umbrella, the person who is "Sucking it up" would just keep walking. How does that equate to fear? It doesn't actually. The person swallows there emotions, and keeps moving because it would be better for both them and everyone around them. That is not fear, that is selflessness.

"Crying makes you stronger"
Does it now? The actual experiences that lead up to crying may make you stronger, but crying does nothing. A chipped nail doesn't make anybody stronger, yet it does serve to annoy the people who have to listen to the crying that's "Making the women Stronger"
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
I believe it was scientifically proven that men have increased testosterone? We have harder lives than women, but in different areas.

For Physical Education we have to run faster, do more push ups, and generally need to have better scores than any girl to well... Get the same grade! Men are also in the army, meaning special forces, marines, etc.... Women are not "Strong" enough to be in these forces, they have tried: A female in the army claimed she could do anything a male can. Another army person volunteered to be the victim, and another one faced her.

What happened was the man pulled the volunteer across a football felid in a full sprint. The female collapsed at the 20 yard line...

If you honestly think that having a child could equate to having a lifetime of suffering, whether it be from emotionally being broken, or losing an actual part of your body, then you do not know what true pain is. I would say: *Women* cannot begin to understand that. Not all women give birth to children, and not all men go into the army. Yet all women get an advantage over men in having to do worse in a fitness test to get the same, or in some cases better score.

What I shall propose is that if women are in fact stronger, or just as strong as men, then we shall have equality... I shouldn't have to run faster than a girl to get the same grade as her if she is stronger then me. In fact, *she* should have to run faster than *me*.
Posted by OtakuJordan 2 years ago
OtakuJordan
Because she is able to accuse someone of the very thing she is doing without realizing it.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
I mean 'she.'
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
@OtakuJordan

Sexism: Definitely. Extremely. You should see her/his other debate. The stuff he says about women...

Cognitive dissonance? How do you mean? I study the stuff a bit; that's why I'm asking.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
I find it hilarious that Con says that Pro sounds sexist for saying that women are generally weaker than men, but sees no problem in saying that women are emotionally stronger than men. She also employs such stereotypes as "men are weak to fear."

I call cognitive dissonance and sexism on Con.