eltigrey
DHDebate

Man Kind is Inherently evil

eltigrey

eltigrey

Pro

I believe that mankind is inherently evil. Many people are good, but most of the time man is driven to evil, through crime, revenge, or war. Men place themselves above each other through god, or politics, but what they don't know is all people are equal. If you have different thought, please debate (:
DHDebate

Con

I negate that "Mankind is Inherently evil"

However before we actually begin, I would like to offer a voting issue; Spelling and grammar must go to the Con, as my opponent misspelled the word "mankind" in the debate topic.

That said since this is only just the first round, I will wait until next round to post my arguments so as not to put my opponent at an unfair disadvantage.
eltigrey

Pro

I apologize for the misspelling, for I am a freshman in high school, so I lack the literacy level of a graduate or a "talented literate" (I tend to lack in grammar also). And you're right, this is a debate, so I will try to spell correctly next time. Warning to opponent, this is one of my first debates so if you have your topic ready, this will be very easy for you. I also made a mistake with the name, I sort of regret saying "evil" and "inherently" but there are no excuses in a debate, so I must stand for what I said.

Alright here I go.

Man kind, in my opinion, is inherently evil. Over the thousands of years that man kind has existed, man kind has shown more evil traits than I believe "good" traits. These "evil doings" can range from war problems, events like the holocaust, the immense amount of rainforest and natural habitat of animals being destroyed (along with the gigantic amount of species that have gone extinct from man kind) and many other related problems. Then again not all men are "inherently evil" but I believe the majority are.

-Social-

Through out history men have placed themselves above each other, using excuses like divine right, or ranking in politics. At one point there was a social pyramid that you were born into, which I find to be very harsh. What I'm getting at is through these actions, men who believe they are better, have been given the idea that because they are better they can do what ever they want. Some of their desires tend to be very evil, outcomes like war, harsher rules, higher tribute. In the book "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding, Golding shows a group of innocent school boys whom start as peaceful ordered crowd, who slowly turn into a race of violent savages. It even reflects in the story that the moral "is that the shape of a society must depend on the ethical nature of the individual and not on any political system however apparently logical or respectable."(William Golding Lord of the Flies) This can help the idea that if one leader believes in something, more likely the citizens will follow him. If that figure is believing in something evil than so are the people, or so greatly displayed in the title of the book "lord of the flies" the flies are the people, and the lord is there who they are following, or being led by. Recapping again not all "leaders" are like this. (I will be referring to this section through out my debate)

-War-

Wars started through men (or "god") have, through out history, caused millions of deaths, of both innocent civilians or participants killed in battle, destruction of community's, or land, war puts millions of lives in danger and yet our and other countries choose to not withdrawal, (that is mainly our fault at the moment). Most of the wars are a good example of similar topics I discussed in my first paragraph, one person placing themselves above everyone, though religion read an article online stating that "It is true that man has used religion for political gain. Nazi Germany had "God with us" engraved in German on the belts of Nazi soldiers. America said, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition." (Unknown author) The whole "Religion" concept has allowed wars like "The Crusades" or war events like "The Holocaust to begin. Overall, we can conclude that war is no were near a "good" doing. Although, you have me because I cannot deny that the soldiers that fight in the war are evil, but I can say the killing, and the destruction do fit in the category.

-Corporate and political greed-

Because I am a kid, these categories do not interest me as much, but they help boost my front statement. These people choose profit over peoples welfare. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. The fact that these people are doing this might lead our country to anarchism, or "evil" revolt. The fact that no one is trying to change this (some are) is making worse, referring back the rich get richer blah blah blah. Greed itself is also something most people consist of.

-Drugs/Drug Corporations-

Pretty self explanatory. I am pro medicinal marijuana, but alcohol links about 70,000 deaths per year along while a whopping 6.5 million deaths are caused by tobacco. I think drugs are evil, the fact they rather profit then care about this gigantic death ratio is kind of wrong.

You do have me though, most "people" are not evil, but everyone can be driven to "evilness"
DHDebate

Con

I'll be frank, I had completely forgotten about having accepted this debate. I don't have the time to finish, although I would like to; so I will go ahead and forfeit.

Please feel free to challenge me on this again at a later date.
eltigrey

Pro

I was positive you could have nailed me on this one, but thank you for the free win, vote pro
eltigrey

Pro

Hey man, Its all good
DHDebate

Con

This is filler
eltigrey

Pro

Im sorry I made it five rounds
Posted by brian_eggleston 5 years ago
brian_eggleston
Mankind suggests consideration for others. Perhaps manunkind would be more appropriate? :)
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
eltigreyDHDebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'd give one point of conduct for Con's willingness to honestly relate to why he forfeited the debate, instead of forfeiting the rest of the debate, and for apologizing for Pro. Pro didn't really note what constitutes as "Man Kind's" nature, but Con's forfeit left him the winner here.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
eltigreyDHDebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Mankind = 1 word. Concession by Con unfortunently. Would have been an interesting debate.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
eltigreyDHDebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a decent case for why mankind can be considered evil pointing out politics, war etc.
Vote Placed by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
eltigreyDHDebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
eltigreyDHDebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Grammar due to misspelling of title, and arguments due to forfeit.