benko12345678
nleachman

Man of steel is terrible

benko12345678
Started: 4/29/2014 Category: Movies

benko12345678

Pro

I would like to make the argument, that the new Superman movie (Man of steel) is a waste of time and effort. I am aware that the movie got mixed/average reviews and did EXTREMELY well at the box office (which doesn't mean artistic or critical success) but in my opinion, it's overrated and a horrible piece of a** s**t. Why? because it's nothing but pointless action! Sure, the action is good, the effects are great etc. But that's all there is! There are some story arcs that get going and then just stop (Like with Lois Lane). In that respect, the film is rather lazy. Again, it is obvious that a lot of effort went into it, but I would have really liked to see some more development out of a new superman film. That's exactly what I was looking forward in this one: character development and good action. I got 1 out of 2 and I am not pleased. The first two movies, while goofy, still had enough enjoyable moments with the characters and groundbreaking effects (at least for the current time), which really pisses me off because the common compliment of the film from all critics universally was: An advanced and new look on superman's human and demi-god emotions. And I could not disagree more. Clark Kent has no personality and I mean NONE. The only good thing that can be said about him is that he looks good in blue...nothing else. And again, same problem as the Amazing spiderman, the actor doesn't FIT! In the first two movies, the comics and the animated series (which was awesome) he was a clumsy socially-awkward hard-working guy with superhuman abilities, that created not only a good twist, but also good comedy (which man of steel TOTALLY lacks). You might make the argument that with comic book adaptations you have to make changes and I understand that but...to completely scratch his personality and character and replace it with...Henry Cavill???

Disclaimer: The action scenes were amazing
nleachman

Con

I accidently accepted this debate.
benko12345678

Pro

Well thank you for wasting my time then -.-
nleachman

Con

Your welcome.
benko12345678

Pro

Just try to write something...
nleachman

Con

it's awesome.
benko12345678

Pro

It isn't :P
nleachman

Con

nleachman forfeited this round.
Posted by Jman0056 3 years ago
Jman0056
You guys should check the debate that i held in SUPPORT of MoS. you should check it out thr r like 2-3 days left to vote you don't have much time.
Btw MoS= Man of Steel... If you couldn't put two and two together
Posted by Ajab 3 years ago
Ajab
Hahahaah benko was trolled.
Vote Placed by Ajab 3 years ago
Ajab
benko12345678nleachmanTied
Vote Placed by GaryBacon 3 years ago
GaryBacon
benko12345678nleachmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is the only one that made an argument. He also gets conduct for the forfeit.