Man was created by god

The statement is 'man was created by god' - the statement that argues for creationism.

My position is against this statement as I see no evidence.

a) Faith is not evidence

b) Any anecdote - of personal revelation , for example - is not evidence, since it burdens all others to have a) Faith.

c) A set of logic will be accepted as evidence only if the assumptions/premises of the logic can be proven true beyond support of a) Faith or b) Anecdote. (i.e. internal logically consistency is not necessarily evidence, as it can be based on ill-founded assumptions/premises)

I'm not expecting anyone to try and argue this since (to my mind) it is an unfalsifiable claim. However I am interested to see whethere this challenge will remain unaccepted or if there is someone who is convinced they have proof for such a claim.

"Making unfalsifiable claims are a way to leave the realm of rational discourse, since unfalsifiable claims are usually faith-based, and not founded on evidence and reason.

Exception: All unfalsifiable claims are not fallacious; they are just unfalsifiable. As long as proper skepticism is retained and proper evidence is given, it could be a legitimate form of reasoning.

Tip: Never assume you must be right simply because you can’t be proven wrong."

u said there is god,man was created through the different actions of bacteria which was present while earth changed its star form and changed into a planet if u believe that there is god try to prove your statement and every truth has its own scientific factors.therefore bring a better topic

"You said there is a god" - No I didn't.

"... if u believe that there is god" - Which I don't.

Might you be mistaking my position to be Pro?

jagathnath.balachandran forfeited this round.

I will take it that you did in fact suppose I was Pro.

Posted by thethief 3 years ago
I will accept your challenge if the following terms are met:

1. Personal religious experiences count as facts
2. The holy spirit is not as important as jesus or god
3. Everything in the bible is true

Admission of the above shall not result in any vendetta or loss of respect