KatanaBladeNeko
2daniel

Mandatory Schooling

2daniel

KatanaBladeNeko

Con

Look, before you just say that I just wanna get out of school. I can make an income, not a very large income, but income still. I just wanna get out of school so I can increase the income. Okay? That too hard to ask?
2daniel

Pro

First of all, your topic is not very clear, but I think you mean schooling should not be mandatory anymore.
Why would getting out of school help someone? Some people can't go to school because of money but some can. If you make an income, without going to school, it probably an income that is very low. And how would getting out of school increase your income? And if you don't have proper education, it is going to be very hard to change what you want to do when you grow up. Since mandatory schooling is only up to high school in most areas, if you don't graduate high school, it is hard to do what you want to do.

So I believe that people should have mandatory schooling.
KatanaBladeNeko

Con

How income is increased:
More time = More hours at work = more money.
Except in my case. More time = more work on my game = more sales.
And a lot of the times, I self-teach. So school doesn't really do much except allows the bullies to bully me.
2daniel

Pro

First of all, you have not clarified if it is only for you or for all people. Not all people have a job when they are young, which mandatory schooling will help them much, much more when they grow up. But I will take it as only you.

What I see is that you are working on a game of some sort and selling them. Which can be a great job for you. I am also suspecting that you don't know about the world yet. If you do not have proper education, you are going to have trouble when you grow up. If you don't like this job anymore, you won't be able to switch to a different job when you grow up. Also, even though you will like this job forever, you never know if that job will exist in the future a lot. Some of the jobs that we had several decades ago we don't have now. If this happens to your job, then you won't be able to survive when your a grown up.

If you are working on a game, this would be much more of a problem to you. Since computer technology is advancing so fast, your computer skills or programming skills will not be much of a use to you if you did not have proper education when you are old or older.

http://www.techcrates.com...
KatanaBladeNeko

Con

Uhm, I do have a few backups, like music creater, writer, reviewer, and if all else fails, I can take about consoles and put them into new skins.
And also, I not saying school should be removed, I'm saying that school should allow you to just go out when you want, none of this "year 10 or higher" crap.
2daniel

Pro

The chances of you being able to survive by being a music creator, writer, and a reviewer is quite slim. That is why the government is trying to help people try to get a better life by having mandatory schooling. This will increase the chances of surviving in the future much higher.
That is why I think mandatory schooling is necessary.
KatanaBladeNeko

Con

So, really, you're just saying that if you go to school 'til year 12. You'll be fine! No matter your career choice.
But if we don't, then we're screwed, even if we get a large income?
Uhm, ever heard of Steve Jobs?
2daniel

Pro

I have never said not going to school will kill you, and I also never said if you go to school til year 12 you will be fine. What I said was that there is a better chance of living if people go to school since school can build a strong foundation of learning. School can help you a lot just in case your plans fail.

And you have just proven yourself wrong. Steve Jobs dropped out of college not high school. College is not required in the law in the United States. It is only mandatory to go to school until about 17 years old. So Steve Jobs did take mandatory schooling which help him tremendously when he was older. If he hadn't even taken middle school, then I bet he wouldn't have been successful. I think I heard of Steve Jobs more than you.

People who are successful and drop out of school is only a small percentage of people. It is less than 1% of the people that dropped out of school. This is very rare so I strongly believe that mandatory schooling is necessary.

http://www.experts123.com...
KatanaBladeNeko

Con

Yes, yeah yeah. I know, but who the **** cares? Aren't we trying to be creative? My point still stands, even though I know I have 0 hope of winning this debate.
Also, there are bullies at the school, and they go after me and me only. So you can see why I want out of school more.
2daniel

Pro

I like the creativeness of this debate and I thank you for making this debate to be fun. Later on, you should specify your topic instead of just saying "Mandatory Schooling". Bullies do make school a very stressful place but there are ways where you can avoid it. I also have been bullies before and I know your feelings. Don't let bullies ruin your life forever. And having good friends will help you a lot.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
KatanaBladeNeko2danielTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to pro because he had sources to back his up. Sources to pro because he was the only one to use sources. Everything else was even.