pcast99
maxprimo

Manditory prayer in public schools

pcast99

Con

I have become angered recently after the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting that some right wing politicians and religious groups have said removing God and prayer from school is what caused the shooting, as well as other shootings in recent years. So I am challenging a Christian who actually thinks having mandatory prayer in schools will prevent school violence to a debate.

The debate will be three rounds, I hope we can keep it civil, and I prefer my opponent be a Christian like I said before, as they are the ones who are calling for this measure be implemented.
maxprimo

Pro

God dammit!

I completely misread the guidelines. I thought that I was supposed to oppose prayer not defend it. I am so sorry.

Thank you

(I actually agree with you)

A little rap about this debate.
pcast99

Con

haha no problem, I'll just start a new debate and the rap was pretty good, and before I start another one I'll say Mike Huckabee and Rick Perry both said prayer would have prevented the shooting instead of educating people about guns, so it only strengthens my dislike for both of them and makes me VERY GLAD they weren't presidential nominees.
maxprimo

Pro

... Sorry 'bout that.
pcast99

Con

no hard feelings i kinda doubt i would have found a christian willing to argue for that position anyway.
maxprimo

Pro

maxprimo forfeited this round.
Posted by eltigrey 4 years ago
eltigrey
Haha "God Dammit" in Round one in a debate about Prayers. I know who I'm voting for
Posted by Locke33 4 years ago
Locke33
Who on earth said that prayer would stop that I'm a Christian and the children praying would not have stopped the violence.