Angelos
Lavu13

Mankind Does Not Know God's Reason for the Existence of Evil in the First Place

Angelos

Pro

This debate is to prove that mankind does not know the reason why evil exists in the first place.

My opponent must be able to provide a reason to why evil exists in the first place. Note the bolded words: first place.

Agreements
  • Pro and Con believe that God exists.
  • Pro and Con believe that God created evil.
  • Pro and Con will use both definitions of evil stated in this debate.

Definitions
  • Evil - morally reprehensible, sinful, wicked
  • Evil (Biblical) - evil against one another; evil against God; calamities

---------------------------------

We live in a world where mankind experiences trials, hardships and persecutions. Mankind also experiences the immoral aspects of life. For instance, kidnappings, rape, murder and more. Then, we have the calamities we face in life; earthquake, tsunami, hurricane and more. Both humanity and the forces of the world affects us to the point we are either persecuted or suffering.

This leads to a commonly asked question: Why does evil exists in the first place? Many have said that evil exists because of free-will; evil exists because of Satan; evil does not exists; all sorts of answers.

Mankind does not know the reason why evil exists because it was created by God, who decided not to reveal His reason.

God created evil, but we do not know His reason. Isaiah 45:7 states that God creates both peace and evil:

"I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7 NKJV)

"...I bring prosperity and create disaster..." (Isaiah 45:7 NIV)

"...I make peace, and create evil..." (Isaiah 45:7 ASV)

God clearly said that He created both peace and calamity. Why? What is the reason? We do not know, for God has not revealed His reasoning.

Apostle Paul stated that we have no right to question God:

"But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?" (Romans 9:20)

The verse before that states:

"You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" (Romans 9:19)

Therefore, people questioned God about evil, but Apostle Paul simply told them that we have no rights to question God. We are not able to find the reason why God created evil in the first place.
Lavu13

Con

Thank you for the debate. I will do my best to present answers about the existance of Evil in the First Place

-my opponent presented bible verse Romans 9:20"But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?"
The verse is about to those who are questioning really about
True man has no right to question God for His creation is no greater than the creator, but in my opinion man has a right to think of an answer why we there is Evil in the first place.
In the bible of course God did not completely reveal the very purpose of why sin was created but as for us who reads the bible and have knowledge of it we can pretty much find out already how sin came to be.

-Love cannot be measured without sin.
Deut 7:9 states "..those who love Him and keep His commandments"
Therefore if we follow His commands not to sin we therefore love God.

Yes we live in the world where all kinds of hardships happen but we must consider that all the hardship of this life was put unto human kind because man has sinned against God, but if one ask why does God let it happen? its because He wants us to know that this world will end and judgement day will come and in the new land and new heaven where His chosen servants will live will experience happiness beyond this world has to offer.
As for some persecution and sufferings; Man is being tested by God if they will continue to Love Him through all the times of hardship, just as Job in the book of Job was tested.

Sin, if we look closer at it, was created because of the by product of what is Good. God said to not worship anyone else but him yet there are others that worship other gods therefore it is labeled as sin. Where the good is that we worship only God but sin is that when we worship other gods.
If we look at Satan, he was the perfect angel and was loved till he committed sin, the desire to be better than God.
Angelos

Pro

Thank to my opponent for his response. I will now post my rebuttals.

"for us who reads the bible and have knowledge of it we can pretty much find out already how sin came to be."

The Bible only reveals how sin came to the world.

" -Love cannot be measured without sin.

"why does God let it happen? its because He wants us to know that this world will end and judgement day will come and in the new land and new heaven where His chosen servants will live will experience happiness beyond this world has to offer."

My opponent stated, "Love cannot be measured without sin." If this is true, then it means that the Biblical God needs evil and He allows evil for His love to be shown. My opponent's statement is also declaring that God created evil for people to know the 'new place' that will come to His chosen ones.

" Far be it from God to do wickedness, And from the Almighty to commit iniquity."
(Job 34:10 NKJV)

"Surely God will never do wickedly, Nor will the Almighty pervert justice."
(Job 34:12 NKJV)

"Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!" (Romans 9:14 NKJV)

The stated verses claim that God does not do evil. If God does evil, then it contradicts His reputation as an all-loving being. This also supports the fact that He does not need evil for His love to be shown.

"Sin, if we look closer at it, was created because of the by product of what is Good."

My opponent stated that sin is a by-product of what is good. However, that would mean good is the reason for evil. And we should praise evil because it reveals good. It also shows that God is not the creator of all things, but this is debunked in Isaiah 45:7. Thus, Apostle Paul said:

"But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) 6 Certainly not!"
(Romans 3:5-6 NKJV)

"I
f we look at Satan, he was the perfect angel and was loved till he committed sin, the desire to be better than God."

My opponent stated that Satan was the perfect angel until he sinned. However, where did Satan get the knowledge that what he was doing is evil? Who created that knowledge? If Satan was the one who created evil, then it means God is not the Creator of all things.
Lavu13

Con

Lavu13 forfeited this round.
Angelos

Pro

Angelos forfeited this round.
Lavu13

Con

Lavu13 forfeited this round.
Angelos

Pro

Angelos forfeited this round.
Lavu13

Con

Lavu13 forfeited this round.
Angelos

Pro

Angelos forfeited this round.
Lavu13

Con

Lavu13 forfeited this round.
Posted by GenericUser1026 2 years ago
GenericUser1026
Debates of this calibre are bound to cause dissent, but it's good to see one with actual *grammar*.