Stupidape
Qais_Albalkhi

Manmade global climate change is real and a threat.

Qais_Albalkhi has forfeited round #1.

Stupidape

Pro

I have noticed that a surprising number of people still think global climate change is a hoax. I hope to destroy some of that myth. Pope Francis recognizes climate change and calls for swift action. [0]

Impact: I think the Pope knows what he is doing and thus man-made global climate change is real and a threat.

The scientific angle, inconvenient truth [1]. Impact, scientific evidence clearly backs up this claim in the documentary an inconvenient truth. [1]

0. http://www.nytimes.com...
1. http://www.imdb.com...
Posted by Stupidape 3 months ago
Stupidape
Plenty of evidence its man-made go to skepticalscience.com and learn for yourself or challenge me to a debate.
Posted by raquelhs 3 months ago
raquelhs
@stupidape
Electric cars were created for people to feel better about themselves. If they do produce less pollution and Carbon emissions than regular gas cars, then it's only slight. There are studies that claim that Electric cars are actually WORSE than traditional gas cars. One example is the National Bureau of Economic Research.

HAHA your source for your claim that "the Earth is going to blow up because people aren't paying more for electric cars" is Huffington Post? Oy.
They're getting their information from the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, who are dedicated to proving that the Earth will blow up? And they found the evidence! Wow, shocking. This "study" is from a politicized group, not scientists in the field of climatology.

I believe the Earth is warming, but it's all natural and expected. If we were debating I'd get more into the topic. There's no evidence it's man-made.
Posted by Stupidape 3 months ago
Stupidape
"@stupidape There's absolutely zero evidence that climate change will have catastrophic results such as "dying of heat stroke," as you suggest. Haha yes, because forcing people to use electric cars is so reasonable, and studies show that electric cars do little to nothing in terms of helping the environment."

What studies? People with smog ridden cities would benefit greatly from electric cars. Hahhaa, not a threat, global climate change will most likely result in the apocalypse, and you still don't think its a threat?

"came about largely due to the threats posed by anthropogenic climate change and the proliferation of nuclear weapons. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Posted by raquelhs 3 months ago
raquelhs
@stupidape There's absolutely zero evidence that climate change will have catastrophic results such as "dying of heat stroke," as you suggest. Haha yes, because forcing people to use electric cars is so reasonable, and studies show that electric cars do little to nothing in terms of helping the environment.

I really wanted to join this debate, but it appears someone beat me to it.
Posted by Stupidape 3 months ago
Stupidape
"I believe climate change exists, however I do not think it is all man-made, nor is it an incentive for the government to be imposing regulations on US citizens."

What do you suggest than? That we all die of heat stroke instead of forcing electric cars or something else reasonable.
Posted by raquelhs 3 months ago
raquelhs
I believe climate change exists, however I do not think it is all man-made, nor is it an incentive for the government to be imposing regulations on US citizens.