ChokingChlorine
ChickenBakuba

Map Legend

ChokingChlorine

Pro

Everyone knows that set in a normal style that 2+2=4, but did you know that you could put 2+2=5 in a legend, and symbolically this can be true?
ChickenBakuba

Con

I accept, but I don't really get what the argument's about...

I could refute that statement/question but I'll assume that the first round is for acceptance...
ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
ChickenBakuba

Con

My bad, I don't think I should have assumed 1st round was for acceptance.

Since Pro has forfeited the 2nd Round, I shall now set forward my argument.

I"ll assume you meant, "set in a normal style" as an equation, as 2+2=4 IS an equation.

Definitions:

Symbolic:
: Expressing or representing an idea or quality without using words
: Relating to or being used as a symbol
: Using symbols

Name:

: A word or a set of words by which a person or thing is know, addressed, or referred to.

"Everyone knows that set in a normal style that 2+2=4, but did you know that you could put 2+2=5 in a legend, and symbolically this can be true?"

I believe this question is internally contradictory, as 2+2=4 and 2+2=5 are both equations, be they wrong or right ones. Put equations into a legend, the equations turn into symbols. Symbolically the Symbols are true in a legend? Sounds a bit wrong to me"

You could say that 2+2=5 as a symbol is "true", but it"s no longer an equation that is "true" or "false" anymore, only a symbol in the legend in a Map, signifying a place on the Map. There is nothing defined as "true" or "false" anymore, as it is merely something like a name.

Vote Con :3

Rebuttal:

For example, my name could be "2+2=5". You could say that "it" is correct, but "it" is a name, no longer an equation. I was named after a wrong equation, but that "wrong equation" has turned into a name. It is no longer "wrong", but instead simply a name. While you can criticise a name and call it bad or nice, I doubt you can call it wrong. You could say it was the "wrong decision" to name me "2+2=5", but that is merely an opinion of yours. "2+2=5" is not something you can justify as "right" or "wrong"; leave it to God or the person who named me to decide that. There is no such thing as a "wrong" name, yeah?

(Bad on my part to say this, but I hope Pro will continue to forfeit. Should this happen, vote me plz. =) )

As always, Vote Con.
ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
ChickenBakuba

Con

Pro has continuously forfeited; vote Con.
Posted by ChickenBakuba 2 years ago
ChickenBakuba
But why is this under Philosophy?
Posted by ChickenBakuba 2 years ago
ChickenBakuba
Imma newbie I hope I win...
Posted by Gibby97 2 years ago
Gibby97
Id be curious to see how this turns out.