flipsided
saad1998

Marijauna legalized in the united states

flipsided

Pro

I believe that in the united states we should incorporate medical marijuana federal level, for various reasons. I am willing to discuss these reasons ethically who will step up. BTW this is my first debate
saad1998

Con

I think that marijuana should not be used in United States for various reasons. It is even my first debate so lets start a friendly discussion.
flipsided

Pro

flipsided forfeited this round.
saad1998

Con

Well as far as I know Marijuana is a very effective drug in cancer treatment. However everything effective has a disadvantage or certain side effects that rule out the benefits of using this drug. Scientists are researching on marijuana alt and some important discoveries have also been made.
First of all studies have shown that the whole plant has many different compounds which have different actions in the human body. For example studies have shown that THC can raise anxiety and cause paranoia which I believe is another form of being paranoid while cannabidiol (CBD) may reduce them. Components of the whole plant can have nearly opposite effects in the human brain, so that one compound can change the effects of another. This is therefore a demerit of the drug because the brain functions the entire body directly or indirectly, so a person who is using this drug may lose control of his brain which in itself leads to serious problems.
Another issue is that effects vary depending on how marijuana compounds enter the body. When taken by mouth, the THC is processed by the liver, which produces another psychoactive compound (a substance that acts on the brain and changes mood or consciousness). When marijuana smoke is inhaled, cannabinoids enter the bloodstream quickly. The extra psychoactive compound is produced in smaller amounts than when marijuana is taken by mouth. The way of using this drug doesn"t matters because in the end you will eventually end up with psychoactive problems. However a cancer, vomit or even nausea or for whatever use it is taken can be cured by several other drugs which have less dangerous side effects than marijuana.
I agree that marijuana is widely helpful to people with problems in people with glaucoma, however the American College of Physicians noted in 2008 that large doses of cannabinoids are required to reduce eye pressure. This effect is short lived, and side effects, such as a reduction in blood supply to the optic nerve, may cancel out the benefit over the long term. Other medicines are generally more useful for people with glaucoma.
An example of other medicine in place of marijuana:-
A 2006 study of people with advanced cancer and weight loss tested marijuana extract against low doses of THC and compared them to a placebo group. Over the 6-week period, all 3 groups reported improved appetite, so neither the THC nor marijuana extract helped more than placebo. However, doses used in this study were low and were not increased over time as is usually done with THC.
Well this is my argument for now as I am looking forward for your argument and using other facts later.
flipsided

Pro

flipsided forfeited this round.
saad1998

Con

Well since you have forfeited this round I may end the debate with a last strong evidence for not using marijuana. Marijuana is most effective when inhaled through smoking but there something very dark which would discourage its use.

For example there are some reasons to think that marijuana smoking might increase lung cancer risk. Many of the cancer-causing substances in tobacco are also found in marijuana. Marijuana contains more tar than cigarettes. (Tar is the sticky, solid material that remains after burning, which is thought to contain most of the harmful substances in smoke.) Marijuana cigarettes (joints) are typically smoked all the way to the end, where tar content is the highest. Marijuana is also inhaled very deeply and the smoke is held in the lungs for a long time. And because marijuana is an illegal substance, it is not possible to control what other substances it might contain.

Therefore imust say that it should not be used by the US Government until and unless further research is done relating to the properties of this drug.